Please Help!

Old Sep 11th 2018, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Lina22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please Help!

Please is anyone can give me a good lawyer contact details, who practice in the UAE.
I urgently need to get a legal advice.
May be someone can give me an answer.
Both of us are British citizens, me and my husband and we live now in Abu-Dhabi. I suffer from my husband abusive emotional and physical behaviour and I would like to move back to the UK, where we still have a house.
The question is: Can he prevent me from taking my 5 years old son to get back home to UK.
Another question: What I am entitled to in the event of separation if I decided to stay in the UAE due to my son school
Any help will much appreciated.
Old Sep 11th 2018, 10:10 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please Help!

Originally Posted by Lina22 View Post
Please is anyone can give me a good lawyer contact details, who practice in the UAE.
I urgently need to get a legal advice.
May be someone can give me an answer.
Both of us are British citizens, me and my husband and we live now in Abu-Dhabi. I suffer from my husband abusive emotional and physical behaviour and I would like to move back to the UK, where we still have a house.
The question is: Can he prevent me from taking my 5 years old son to get back home to UK.
Another question: What I am entitled to in the event of separation if I decided to stay in the UAE due to my son school
Any help will much appreciated.
Sorry to hear this. Hope all goes well and congratulations on finding the courage to make what I'm sure was a hard decision.
Old Sep 11th 2018, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

The best thing to do in this situation would be to just book a ticket out of the UAE for you and your son and go back home before your husband is the wiser. Now. Before your husband blocks your son's passport. He'll come home from work one day and discover you two have left. But it'll be too late for him to do anything. Do you have family to stay with for a bit till you get on your feet / back inside your house?

Yes, he can block your son from leaving the country. Even with UK passports. That's why you want to be in the UK when going through difficult divorce proceedings.
Old Sep 11th 2018, 11:58 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH View Post
The best thing to do in this situation would be to just book a ticket out of the UAE for you and your son and go back home before your husband is the wiser. Now. Before your husband blocks your son's passport. He'll come home from work one day and discover you two have left. But it'll be too late for him to do anything. Do you have family to stay with for a bit till you get on your feet / back inside your house?

Yes, he can block your son from leaving the country. Even with UK passports. That's why you want to be in the UK when going through difficult divorce proceedings.
"good" advice : assuming he is actually an asshole and this is the right thing to do. Stealing kids isn't really a good thing... remember, it's not her child, but it is theirs.
Old Sep 11th 2018, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

This is not the place to seek advice. Get competent professional legal advice in the UAE.
Old Sep 13th 2018, 2:54 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse View Post
"good" advice : assuming he is actually an asshole and this is the right thing to do. Stealing kids isn't really a good thing... remember, it's not her child, but it is theirs.
Quite.

And if abuse cannot be proven most UK judges will take a dim view of taking children away from one parent.

Best to seek proper legal advice rather than listen to people on the internet. I would imagine if abuse is happening her family should be helping in any case?

N.