British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Please HELP! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/please-help-274989/)

Chasethesun Jan 3rd 2005 7:43 am

Please HELP!

Hi guys im quite poor and young! Dubai doesnt seem to have a great supply of accomodation for people in my situation! As if i can afford a years in advance! Arrgh! have been in dubai for 2 months and all my money is being drained by rent. Does any :confused: one know of relativly cheap places to rent? Shared accomodation is fine by me and furnished would be even better! im looking between the price range of 1200-2500. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Its such a hassle looking at spinneys noticeboard everyday!

johnbuoy Jan 3rd 2005 8:02 am

Re: Please HELP!

Chase, give us a call on Mobile 050 5786967 or landline 04-3903745
I may be able to steer you in a direction, do you have wheels ? as one place is Mirdiff another Al Quoz and Bur Dubai

Jammy_Dodgers Jan 3rd 2005 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Chasethesun
Hi guys im quite poor and young! Dubai doesnt seem to have a great supply of accomodation for people in my situation! As if i can afford a years in advance! Arrgh! have been in dubai for 2 months and all my money is being drained by rent. Does any :confused: one know of relativly cheap places to rent? Shared accomodation is fine by me and furnished would be even better! im looking between the price range of 1200-2500. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Its such a hassle looking at spinneys noticeboard everyday!

Are you working or just here looking for work??

It also depends on where you are working. If you stay too far out you will spend half your life commuting

johnbuoy Jan 3rd 2005 8:13 am

What, you mean like from Sharjah!! only 90 mins this morning and that was leaving at 8:30. Wait until they bring in the Toll Charge and have traffic backed up waiting to pay.

Truth Speak Jan 3rd 2005 8:13 am

If u are a single lady...I know a place coming fee on 1st feb...nice 4 bed shared villa w 3 other ladies...2500 AED pcm...just off Defense Roundabout

Jammy_Dodgers Jan 3rd 2005 8:14 am

The other option is just to date someone who already has accomodation and use them for a cheap subsidised living.
That way some other mug is footing all the bills up front and you can just pay a monthly rent. Its a bit mercenary but you wouldnt be the first......... :cool:

Heart of gold Jan 3rd 2005 8:23 am

Originally Posted by johnbuoy
Chase, give us a call on Mobile 050 5786967 or landline 04-3903745
I may be able to steer you in a direction, do you have wheels ? as one place is Mirdiff another Al Quoz and Bur Dubai

Its never wise to post your personal numbers ... You may want to edit your post and send those numbers via PM.

You may be stalked .... Not by me I hasten to add!!

Truth Speak Jan 3rd 2005 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
The other option is just to date someone who already has accomodation and use them for a cheap subsidised living.
That way some other mug is footing all the bills up front and you can just pay a monthly rent. Its a bit mercenary but you wouldnt be the first......... :cool:

wot a good idea......

Jammy_Dodgers Jan 3rd 2005 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
wot a good idea......

Just need to find someone....I know !! groom someone off the board.!!...sounds like a plan !! :cool:

Truth Speak Jan 3rd 2005 8:42 am

Just need to find someone....I know !! groom someone off the board.!!...sounds like a plan !! :cool:

A real winner...but don't look at me...:eek:

Jammy_Dodgers Jan 3rd 2005 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
A real winner...but don't look at me...:eek:

Dont worry...Look at your nails....you'd cost me a fortune in manicures !!!!

Heart of gold Jan 3rd 2005 8:54 am

Dont worry...Look at your nails....you'd cost me a fortune in manicures !!!!

PMSL :D

johnbuoy Jan 3rd 2005 8:55 am

Good point, but they are both business numbers so i am not all that bothered.

Has anyone heard of Stalkers out here ?

Jammy_Dodgers Jan 3rd 2005 8:58 am

Originally Posted by johnbuoy
Good point, but they are both business numbers so i am not all that bothered.

Has anyone heard of Stalkers out here ?

Yup............Hazel eyes and Balushi.

Truth Speak Jan 3rd 2005 9:06 am

Yup............Hazel eyes and Balushi.

To name but a few!!!!