Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Please can anyone tell me what these insects are

Please can anyone tell me what these insects are

Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

Fairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really nice
Default Please can anyone tell me what these insects are

Hi,I have been living in the springs since Feb and i have had 5 of these spiders like things in my lounge and one on the outside of my front door, when i came home one evening and put my key in the door this insect fell onto my hand that was the first one i saw since then i have killed i am sorry to insect lovers another 5 of these. They are nearly an inch long like a sandy colour they are multi talented as well they run but they can also jump. In the UK you could tell a mile off a spider was a spider but here im not sure it isnt a typical round bodied spider in fact they are similar to the pictures of the camel spiders but much smaller they appear to have fangs or feelers in the front I know before anyone says its not a camel spider because as my husband says they only live in the dessert,I know the springs was the dessert at one time but as my husband Andy says they would not be hanging around here.But I was just wondering if anyone else has seen any of these insects and do you think they are poisonous.The thought of having these things in the house freaks me out I always have the insect screens closed when the door is open but we have about a half inch gap under the front door and I suspect that is probably how they are getting in.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:23 am
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Please can anyone tell me what these insects are

They are arachnids.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Fairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really niceFairyangel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Old Lob
They are arachnids.
I know spiders are arachnids but are they spiders or some other type of insect thats all I wanted to know and are they poisonous
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:04 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Having googled camel spiders and seen one eating a scorpion alive, I sincerely hope that your guests are not baby camel spiders...
Old Apr 24th 2008, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lionheart
Having googled camel spiders and seen one eating a scorpion alive, I sincerely hope that your guests are not baby camel spiders...
So do I
Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

was it one on these?

Old Apr 24th 2008, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Not definitive or that well written, but here's a guide to dangerous UAE animals....

http://www.alshindagah.com/sept2001/...he_desert.html
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

No It seemed to have shorter hairy legs
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fairyangel
could be a type of jumping spider. harmless to humans!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

could be a type of jumping spider. harmless to humans!
Thanks Inse thats a relief .
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks Inse thats a relief .
from what I understand the only spider to worry about in Dubai is the Redback and they are black!
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

from what I understand the only spider to worry about in Dubai is the Redback and they are black!
Yes Its not one of them thank goodness, but they are horrible and give me the creeps
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Britmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really niceBritmal is just really nice

Sounds like the infamous Eric Morecambe spider...
Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Britmal
Its possible but I thought there was only one of those
Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:17 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Britmal
But I thought it was Ernie Wise who had the short hairy legs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.