Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Pictures of marina walkway collapse

Pictures of marina walkway collapse

Old Feb 8th 2007, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Pictures of marina walkway collapse

I got these pictures from skyscaper city - courtesy Imre. The pictures say it all really and reflects the general quality of construction here. Scary.

http://www.7days.ae/en/2007/02/08/du...destroyed.html
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of marina walkway collapse-marina-walkway-collapse.jpg   Pictures of marina walkway collapse-imre-walkway-collapse-2.jpg  
Old Feb 8th 2007, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pictures of marina walkway collapse

I was thinking exactly the same thing when I read the 7 Days article, IG...doesn't give you any faith in the quality of construction here does it.

MM, xx
Old Feb 8th 2007, 1:11 pm
Banned

GrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud ofGrecoRomano has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
I got these pictures from skyscaper city - courtesy Imre. The pictures say it all really and reflects the general quality of construction here. Scary.

http://www.7days.ae/en/2007/02/08/du...destroyed.html
Too good to be true, tell me you didn't make it up!!! I'm gonna take picture NOW!
Old Feb 8th 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately true Greco. They are in such a tearing hurry, quality is just not even considered. The construction (infinty towers) site at the side (the foundation) was flooded, you can actually see the top of a crane in the water. THANK GOD there were no human casualties. People should be hanged for carelessness.

I am not having very nice thoughts about the palms, jumeriah islands.......I guess my imagination is running wild, or on second thoughts may be not.
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of marina walkway collapse-crane-water.jpg  

Last edited by IndieG; Feb 8th 2007 at 1:23 pm.
Old Feb 9th 2007, 4:06 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Unfortunately true Greco. They are in such a tearing hurry, quality is just not even considered. The construction (infinty towers) site at the side (the foundation) was flooded, you can actually see the top of a crane in the water. THANK GOD there were no human casualties. People should be hanged for carelessness.

I am not having very nice thoughts about the palms, jumeriah islands.......I guess my imagination is running wild, or on second thoughts may be not.
I've heard rumours of massive problems with the foundations of the Burj Dubai. I wouldn't go up that thing if my life depended on it.