British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Physical Advantage Bootcamp (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/physical-advantage-bootcamp-603538/)

deemi786 Apr 14th 2009 7:20 pm

Physical Advantage Bootcamp

I've been thinking about joining, has anyone else joined or heard about them?

Their website seems quite professional but you never know....

Rang them up and the guy seemed a bit "whatever'.......

Cham128 Apr 14th 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Physical Advantage Bootcamp

Originally Posted by deemi786 (Post 7479950)

that's to make sure you understand that it's not going to be a walk in the park. one of my friends went to it for a few weeks then said it was more a thing that i'd be into than she was... but then she's a lazy *cough*

Blue Cat Apr 15th 2009 2:25 am

what is the link for their website?

twisty100 Apr 15th 2009 4:55 am

They are a good company, you should go, they have been in Dubai for years and got bigger and bigger, can't be a bad recommendation! :)

deemi786 Apr 15th 2009 5:21 am

Originally Posted by Cham128 (Post 7480217)
that's to make sure you understand that it's not going to be a walk in the park. one of my friends went to it for a few weeks then said it was more a thing that i'd be into than she was... but then she's a lazy *cough*

think i will...........

website is http://www.physicaladvantage.ae/inde...e&serviceID=10

if anyone fancies joining me so we can both look like fat ass's let me know.

Blue Cat Apr 15th 2009 5:24 am

Originally Posted by deemi786 (Post 7481177)
think i will...........

website is http://www.physicaladvantage.ae/inde...e&serviceID=10

if anyone fancies joining me so we can both look like fat ass's let me know.

I think my mate Chris did this and he said it were well tough? I might just start with some swimming first, I aint exactly Miss Fit :huh:

MataHari Apr 15th 2009 5:29 am

why would anyone want to join that sort of thing...

deemi786 Apr 15th 2009 5:29 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7481183)
I think my mate Chris did this and he said it were well tough? I might just start with some swimming first, I aint exactly Miss Fit :huh:

thing is i need that kick up the ass to get me to do anything, im hoping ill be soo shit scared of the trainers ill work out even harder..

deemi786 Apr 15th 2009 5:30 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7481193)
why would anyone want to join that sort of thing...

those that dont have enough willpower, need morale support, kick up the ass, need to lose weight, get healthy.....

MataHari Apr 15th 2009 5:43 am

Originally Posted by deemi786 (Post 7481200)
those that dont have enough willpower, need morale support, kick up the ass, need to lose weight, get healthy.....

I'll shout 'you fat lazy bastard' at you...for free
the thing is, if you don't have will power, the camp will only work in the short run...once you get back to your 'normal' routine, things will revert again...
you need to change your eating habits for a start, a camp won't make any difference to that if when you get home you'll eat the wrong things...
Once you have the eating bit under control and you excercise 3 times a week you will start to feel better and in the long run, you will lose weight but it will take time....there are no mirical solutions...it's a gradiual process

deemi786 Apr 15th 2009 5:51 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 7481233)
I'll shout 'you fat lazy bastard' at you...for free
the thing is, if you don't have will power, the camp will only work in the short run...once you get back to your 'normal' routine, things will revert again...
you need to change your eating habits for a start, a camp won't make any difference to that if when you get home you'll eat the wrong things...
Once you have the eating bit under control and you excercise 3 times a week you will start to feel better and in the long run, you will lose weight but it will take time....there are no mirical solutions...it's a gradiual process

Everyone has to start somewhere............

Spugsy Apr 15th 2009 5:52 am

I used to do a bootcamp style training thing back home, it was 4 times a week and the guy was 16 years out of the army as a trainer, he was in 'bad lads army' as well for you UK people, but he was a good bloke and knew his stuff, he'd push you hard, until you were literally ready to drop but it was also a lotof fun, and actually there were more women than men.

I've heard of the ones over here and they don't sounds as much 'fun', I hear at one you all have to wear teh same t-shirts and if someone is late the whole group has to do 50 press ups or something like that,

It looks as if there is a free trial, I'd say go along and see how it is and report back to us and also see if you like it, one thing for sure it's not bloody cheap.

Actually just looked at the gallery and it seems ok, go on, give it a go.

deemi786 Apr 15th 2009 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7481250)
I used to do a bootcamp style training thing back home, it was 4 times a week and the guy was 16 years out of the army as a trainer, he was in 'bad lads army' as well for you UK people, but he was a good bloke and knew his stuff, he'd push you hard, until you were literally ready to drop but it was also a lotof fun, and actually there were more women than men.

I've heard of the ones over here and they don't sounds as much 'fun', I hear at one you all have to wear teh same t-shirts and if someone is late the whole group has to do 50 press ups or something like that,

It looks as if there is a free trial, I'd say go along and see how it is and report back to us and also see if you like it, one thing for sure it's not bloody cheap.

Actually just looked at the gallery and it seems ok, go on, give it a go.

yep will do.....thanks people.

Spugsy Apr 15th 2009 7:50 am

Originally Posted by deemi786 (Post 7481299)
yep will do.....thanks people.

yeah tell me about it, I may join myself, only thing is I can work long hours so can totally miss sessions and its a bit daft if you are paying per month.

Meow Apr 15th 2009 9:18 am

Some of us are born with a physical advantage...

-