Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Phrases that collegues/mates have said

Phrases that collegues/mates have said

Old Apr 13th 2007, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Phrases that collegues/mates have said

that have stuck with you

For me (and i realise that poss nobody will find this funny but i did)

As a trainee engineer on my first ship in the RN, i sat down for lunch one day and this old sea dog at the table next to me suddenly shouted out

'shitty death, some bilge rat has scuppered my port and starboard scran spanners'

i almost wet myself

just thought i would share that.....

tumbleweed time i know
Old Apr 13th 2007, 8:32 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phrases that collegues/mates have said

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad View Post
that have stuck with you

As a trainee engineer on my first ship in the RN, i sat down for lunch one day and this old sea dog at the table next to me suddenly shouted out

'shitty death, some bilge rat has scuppered my port and starboard scran spanners'

i almost wet myself

tumbleweed time i know
I use this one alot

what works for one may not necessarily work for another !!!!

when referring to non so attractive people - 'Walt Disney couldn't paint her face'

My aunties favourite - 'don't be shy your mother wasn't!'

That Geordie favourite - shy bairns get nowt!!

Old Apr 13th 2007, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

alfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nicealfro is just really nice

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad View Post
that have stuck with you

i almost wet myself

tumbleweed time i know
A colleague once said to me.... "the order in which you do things is vital, you can blow your nose and wipe your a*se with the same tissue but by God you better hope you do it in the right order"... quite.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 9:07 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfro View Post
A colleague once said to me.... "the order in which you do things is vital, you can blow your nose and wipe your a*se with the same tissue but by God you better hope you do it in the right order"... quite.
Excellent