Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Pfizer - Booster or Fully Vaccinated Dilemma

Pfizer - Booster or Fully Vaccinated Dilemma

Old Dec 1st 2021, 11:41 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pfizer - Booster or Fully Vaccinated Dilemma

Originally Posted by UKMS
I’ve never focused on ME ….. only the wider picture and I don’t have an anti covid vax agenda masked by smoke.

Ive made decisions based on what I feel is good for me, my family, people who might come into contact with me and other people who might be impacted should I use unnecessary health resources if I were to become sick through not vaccinating. Therefore I consider other people not only me me me.
It's odd how your position is one of care for others but mine (which takes into account side effects, denial of human rights, enrichment of private multinationals with questionable track records in vaccinations, and the role of the State cherry picking experts and the media's divisive rhetoric) is has nothing to do with caring about others but is somehow just a veiled selfish, 'anti-vax' agenda. No matter how many times I say I have had the jabs this keeps being asserted - that's it's all about me. Ad Hominem's aren't good debate tactics.

As for burdening healthcare systems - this headline strikes me as rather interesting: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...tential-cases/

Cancer costs a LOT more to treat and manage than covid - if it's about saving healthcare systems my diet and exercise regime is already doing more to help than my covid shots. But I'm apparently a selfish, anti-vaxxer for suggesting people have the right to choose what they put in their bodies, right?

As I recall the many emergency facilities built in western nations were never used for the flood of covid patients and most have closed. Orders for ventilators were never needed either. I'm sure the massive profits big pharmaceuticals have made since March 2020 could see some extra taxation to cover any weak spots in healthcare systems should politicians wish to start using business to serve the people rather than themselves and their lobby groups.
Old Dec 1st 2021, 12:31 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I have had two shots of Covid vaccine so you can decided if you think I am against Covid vaccinations - most of my concerns surrounded mRNA vaccines and the willingness of many otherwise rational people to see the powers of the State used to create a two tier citizenship in supposedly free nations (ones that my family have fought for repeatedly in the last century or two). As someone else pointed out - just asking questions gets one labelled as 'anti-vax', or asking for more informed consent or indeed challenging the many narratives being pushed out by media and some governments.
OK fair enough I made an assumption, so are you against it or not?

I'm glad the choice is simple to you. It isn't to some people though, and I think the rise is blood libels against them isn't really going to make the world a better place - forgetting about the rights of people not to be forced to undergo any medical procedures, informed consent, the collusion of state and big pharma etc make this a tough choice for many. Especially the many fit and healthy people who are already often fully recovered from Covid and who are being told they face fines, jail, job less and what amounts to being branded by the powers that be - much to the delight of the puritans who have done what they were told. It's going beyond healthcare to morality and societal fragmentation in some places.
No idea what you are actually referring to here - where is this happening

You say these things are laughable then cite the logically fallacy known as the argument from authority - in otherwords, if you don't have the right qualifications you're simply too stupid to even begin to understand how to research data and draw your own conclusions.

I happen to be married to a published researcher and lecturer, and she'd be the first one to laugh at the suggestion that experts can always be trusted. People trusted Doctors in the 40s and 50s who were paid to say smoking was good for us. We are still suffering from the bad advice sponsored by the processed food industry in the 70s that told us seed oils and low fat diets are healthy. But somehow today we can blindly trust companies that have paid out record amounts in law suits due to faulty product that was also signed off and approved by various authorities.

I think equating being angry at a shopkeeper for asking you to wear a mask is a very different scenario to asking questions about certain companies and their products, the role of some authorities and the blatant calls to deny others certain rights....
I didn't actually say trust these organisations, you are making a straw man argument here. I said will it help me and help others YES or NO - that was my point. If we are adding debate items schoolboy style your wife's expertise is anecdotal

Or one could just count the people who are hospitalised then see how many are vaccinated and how many are not...then again, nations have crippled and destroyed small businesses and helped create nine new pharma billionnaires last year over positive test results - not cases where people needed to see a doctor or stay in hospital. But if we count it that way we get figures that are about half and half very roughly...and when that's citided people rush to accuse those of pointing that out of having a personal agenda. If we were talking about any other virus or bacterial infection and only looked at cases with symptoms bad enough to seek medical attention we wouldn't have the same reaction from some quarters I am sure.

I am personally more interested in who has needed medical help rather than who has been tested positive or not. There are many things we don't test for as much as this which are with us all the time which can be also be deadly but we don't test unless someone has symptoms. If we did test as much for other things and ignore the difference between positive test results and cases with symptoms we'd have endless pandemics.
This seems like a general rant rather than anything specific, 500 people are hospitalised with COVID of that number 250 are vaccinated and 250 unvaccinated. The rest of the hospital population are there for unrelated medical reasons - I fail to see your point?
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 4:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I daresay the difference between you and me is that I really don't care what other people do or don't do as a result of their own decisions. Forcing, culturally or politically, people to take vaccines against their free-will is a dubious thing to do, methinks. People are attached to their own bodies and not everyone has your opinions. They do have the argument that for the vast, vast majority, COVID vaccines really aren't necessary. You might get sick, but the odds are still incredibly low that you'd need hospitalization if you are outside certain demographics. I did get vaccinated for various reasons, namely why not, and to reassure my parents, but I don't judge others. It's possible if I was fat and a heavy smoker, I might be more fearful of what other people don't do, but then the problem becomes just as much the fat smoker's problem. Ultimately, I've decided the risk of unvaccinated people isn't big enough of a threat to me based on the data I see. If COVID was much more lethal to healthier people, I'd naturally feel differently, which does illustrate how the fine line between social good and individual freedom is always a flexible and ever changing one, which is also another reason I don't judge or mock people for feeling differently from the official consensus.

It is all a big experiment. We've never had this kind of mass vaccination programmes in modern history that was applied across all demographics regardless of the sharply differing impacts. It will be interesting to see what happens as both COVID and people's outlooks evolve across time. New variants will always keep popping up. The Swedes seem to be having the last laugh after all, which doesn't surprise me given they took the most pragmatic, realistic, and balanced approach rather than enforcing a one size fits all policy on everyone.
I think I agree with a lot of what you say, although I'm happy to judge or mock people for their choices, nobody is perfect.
My Mother hasn't had the jab. She's an armchair / facebook expert and is an utter moron for not doing it. I've had explosive arguments with her about it - because I think she's wrong at her age and with her health history to not have it.

I understand it makes no difference to anyone else if she is or isn't jabbed, a stadium full of jabbed people will still get ill if 1% spread throughout have the virus....but it should stop the vast majority from being hospitalised. That's the important bit to me - the hospitals being overrun and shutting off to normality brings the country to a lockdown.

I'm 'pro-vaccine' because it's clearly been identified as the route out of this pandemic. It's the way we can try and get back to some sort of normal; which in the UAE I think we've all been fortunate to enjoy for a lot longer than other places.

Austria(?) recently making vaccines mandatory by law and Greece fining people every month (if over 60 and not jabbed) both strike me differently. I think, like you, it's a step too far and dubious at best. Let people choose. As above, I understand that vaccines don't stop transmission but people will end up being marginalised if they don't have one. Most places seem to accept a negative test for entry (Expo, other attractions) in lieu of a vaccine certificate. So in fairness, the unjabbed are tested and checked more than me.

Ultimately, everyone has the choice, I think the choice is fairly simple. The early reading and information was obvious that a lot of the jabs come from decades of research around these sorts of viruses. They're adjusting long standing vaccines to suit a new strain, not making some new cocktail off the cuff.

We live in an age of feelings not reason - and most of us have not been schooled in the basics of debate either.

It surprises me many cannot see how asking questions about one particular vaccine has nothing to do with all vaccines though.

But it surprises me more that many people are willing to see basic rights denied to others over one of the least deadly (if going by death rates) pandemics in history. The amount of closet Communists and Fascists who jump at the chance of vaccine apartheid is phenomenal. We used to have wars over things like this - and populations were vanished when the rhetoric against them rose to a fever pitch.
Claims it's about feelings not reason.
Calls people closet Commies and Fascists and uses phrases like 'vaccine apartheid'.

I want to go to your debating school. We're a half-step away from Bill Gates microchips AND/OR Hitler being referenced.
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 9:14 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Claims it's about feelings not reason.
Calls people closet Commies and Fascists and uses phrases like 'vaccine apartheid'.

I want to go to your debating school. We're a half-step away from Bill Gates microchips AND/OR Hitler being referenced.
Communism and Fascism have in common a totalitarian state controlling many aspects of everyday life, often with the elites being exempt or getting much lighter punishments when they break the rules the masses have to follow (which already happens in most countries - 'us and them' is very much a thing) - how is it inaccurate to label nations with these terms, that currently allow low paid workers to go to their jobs in cafes, bars and restaurants all day but deny them access after work if they haven't had the jab? (I suppose I could just call them tyrannical and clearly not acting out of public health interests alone if that makes it clearer for you?)

Austria is currently doing this and has stated that from next year people who refuse the jab will be fined, and if they don't pay their fines they will go to jail (Imagine thinking it's about health when you can spend all day with the public while working but not go out at night like a free citizen).Macron suggested the same for France and no doubt we'll this roll out in other countries. People have already lost their jobs or face losing their jobs over this - New York said they would refuse unemployment benefits to people who were sacked for refusing a vaccine. The
saying she sees vaccinated and unvaccinated people have different rights - which is a form of apartheid by definition just not based on race or ethnicity.

Hospitals in some places are stating they will refuse life-saving organ transplants to the unvaccinated - but we're told this is about health.

You're using the slippery slope logical fallacy now by citing microchips. The Hitler reference would be Godwin's Law.
Old Dec 2nd 2021, 9:55 am

Those who choose not to be vaccinated have been denied the right to a fully functioning brain. It's disgusting really, the poor things.
There are millions of people from all walks of life, including healthcare, doctors, scientists etc who have refused the vaccine for all sorts of reasons.

I certainly don't think calling them stupid helps people sitting on the fence to get vaccinated - how would you convince a doctor, nurse or scientist who doesn't want to take the jab (many have refused and some have already lost their jobs) - call them names while blaming them for government policies that directly affect your life?

Old Dec 2nd 2021, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by UKMS
I’ve never focused on ME ….. only the wider picture and I don’t have an anti covid vax agenda masked by smoke.

Ive made decisions based on what I feel is good for me, my family, people who might come into contact with me and other people who might be impacted should I use unnecessary health resources if I were to become sick through not vaccinating. Therefore I consider other people not only me me me.
Given I am double jabbed what 'anti-vax' agenda do I have exactly? People who know me know I am a straight shooter and will tell things as they are - if I was against vaccines I would say so openly and state my reasons why. If I have serious doubts about a specific vaccine I would say so. If I have doubts about State or Corporate policies on vaccines I will also say so.

You'll need to be a lot more specific in your accusations than "anti covid vax agenda masked by smoke". Despite these exchanges do you even know where our disagreements actually lie yet or are more interested in who you're exchanging ideas with and what you think their motivations might be rather than the ideas themselves?
Old Dec 5th 2021, 5:25 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Austria(?) recently making vaccines mandatory by law and Greece fining people every month (if over 60 and not jabbed) both strike me differently. I think, like you, it's a step too far and dubious at best. Let people choose. As above, I understand that vaccines don't stop transmission but people will end up being marginalised if they don't have one. Most places seem to accept a negative test for entry (Expo, other attractions) in lieu of a vaccine certificate. So in fairness, the unjabbed are tested and checked more than me.

Ultimately, everyone has the choice, I think the choice is fairly simple. The early reading and information was obvious that a lot of the jabs come from decades of research around these sorts of viruses. They're adjusting long standing vaccines to suit a new strain, not making some new cocktail off the cuff.

Communism and Fascism have in common a totalitarian state controlling many aspects of everyday life, often with the elites being exempt or getting much lighter punishments when they break the rules the masses have to follow (which already happens in most countries - 'us and them' is very much a thing) - how is it inaccurate to label nations with these terms, that currently allow low paid workers to go to their jobs in cafes, bars and restaurants all day but deny them access after work if they haven't had the jab? (I suppose I could just call them tyrannical and clearly not acting out of public health interests alone if that makes it clearer for you?)

Austria is currently doing this and has stated that from next year people who refuse the jab will be fined, and if they don't pay their fines they will go to jail (Imagine thinking it's about health when you can spend all day with the public while working but not go out at night like a free citizen).Macron suggested the same for France and no doubt we'll this roll out in other countries. People have already lost their jobs or face losing their jobs over this - New York said they would refuse unemployment benefits to people who were sacked for refusing a vaccine. The NZ PM is on record saying she sees vaccinated and unvaccinated people have different rights - which is a form of apartheid by definition just not based on race or ethnicity.

Hospitals in some places are stating they will refuse life-saving organ transplants to the unvaccinated - but we're told this is about health.

You're using the slippery slope logical fallacy now by citing microchips. The Hitler reference would be Godwin's Law.
So we're moving away from vaccines being untested / unknown to 'new world order' concerns? Are we just in a matrix? Is there more to the fact DELTA OMICRON is 'MEDIA CONTROL' in anagram?
See my post above re; Austria etc.
Godwin's Law - thank you. Forgot that.
Pretty sure apartheid is focused on race, but it's just the perfect example of using extreme language (with massive emotional impact) to make a point. Exactly what you were saying it was not about - 'feelings'. That was all I was saying about that.

There are millions of people from all walks of life, including healthcare, doctors, scientists etc who have refused the vaccine for all sorts of reasons.

I certainly don't think calling them stupid helps people sitting on the fence to get vaccinated - how would you convince a doctor, nurse or scientist who doesn't want to take the jab (many have refused and some have already lost their jobs) - call them names while blaming them for government policies that directly affect your life?
Yeah definitely. You could be a total genius and not be able to get a straw out of a bottle. Being a Doctor or Lawyer or Scientist and a trusted, senior professional doesn't mean you're right. Your own wife agrees.

So what makes the minority who are against jabs, the right ones?

I think I agree with a lot of what you say, although I'm happy to judge or mock people for their choices, nobody is perfect..
As above, again - I'm not perfect. If I think someone's an idiot, I'll say it or think it. Anyone who pretends they don't is most likely telling porkies. I think not getting the jab is stupid.
Old Dec 6th 2021, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
OK fair enough I made an assumption, so are you against it or not?
I don't think I can be any clearer than stating I am vaccinated and I have no problem with the principle of vaccinations in general. If people cannot comprehend that one can have doubts about one vaccine or the policies surrounding it but not another that becomes their issue not mine. Asking questions about vaccines or the policies surrounding them is not a 'for or against' question that can leave you emotionally satisfied you have uncovered a monster or hero who agrees with you either unfortunately.

No idea what you are actually referring to here - where is this happening
I have already filled another post with examples and won't repeat myself when we all have access to search engines. Despite the rise in paywalls many journals still show at least the summary of their studies as well.

I didn't actually say trust these organisations, you are making a straw man argument here. I said will it help me and help others YES or NO - that was my point. If we are adding debate items schoolboy style your wife's expertise is anecdotal
By definition there would have to be trust in these organisations in order to take the jab unless coercion is a factor. Trust in producers of the vaccines, trust in regulators who approve them, and trust in policy makers who are restricting liberties based on if they have been taken or not.

The only really argument for helping others would be if the shots reduce symptoms and thus a need to visit a doctor - which is still not an argument to endorse compulsion via threats of fines, inability to travel or job less. Nor label millions who don't want to get vaccinated with these particular jabs as stupid when we have a very broad range of people from experienced doctors and scientists to the tin-foil hate types who it seems everyone wants to think are the only ones refusing these particular vaccines.

This seems like a general rant rather than anything specific, 500 people are hospitalised with COVID of that number 250 are vaccinated and 250 unvaccinated. The rest of the hospital population are there for unrelated medical reasons - I fail to see your point?
My point would be that if the rates of hospitalisation are about the same for the vaccinated and unvaccinated there should be questions about their effectiveness. If they are even only half I would want to question effectiveness, especially in light of policies pertaining to regular testing, restrictions on travel and work, and the divisive rhetoric from individuals and the media separating people into the vaccinated and unvaccinated.

In the case of most longstanding vaccines we know that once a certain level of vaccination is reached in the population it effectively makes everyone immune as it tends to stop the spread almost entirely - the spread of Covid has not been effectively stopped even in nations of millions that are double vaccinated with tight controls and regular testing. We still see some governments rushing to impose more lockdowns even on those who fully complied. Pharma companies must be very happy at the prospect of third and forth jabs or quarterly jabs indefinitely as well. We still see media fearmongering and using emotive language vs calm facts and letting people decide for themselves (we're ok letting people make other healthcare decisions which cause far more burden on healthcare systems like their diet and lifestyle). If raising these issues as a concern is now 'anti-vaxx' I charge that the term 'anti-vaxx' is now a meaningless ad hominem designed to shut down questioning and debate and separate people to ultimately shame them into compliance or lay the ground for their oppression and dehumanisation should shame not work - no different to 'witch' or 'heretic' in centuries past .

Ultimately what this comes down to is who decides what is best for individuals and groups, and how will their decisions be enforced. Last century was littered with examples of crushing millions beneath the might of the State in the name of "it's for your own good" or to save whatever system they decided was under threat from which group they deemed undesirable. I used to be baffled at how so many people could be marched off to camps without regular folk doing nothing - but after two years of covid I am not baffled and see how easily many people either keep quiet and ask no questions, or who join in the denouncing of the people they have been told are stupid and must hate.
Old Dec 6th 2021, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by csdf
Unvaccinated people are somewhere between 3 and 15 times more likely to end up in hospital than the vaccinated (depending on age). Putting heavy pressure on people to vaccinate seems like a sensible thing to do then, to stop your hospitals being full of unvaccinated sick people taking up bed space from others who had no choice about being sick (cancer sufferers etc). I was chatting to a doctor friend the other day - he pointed out that you've now developing a 2-year gap in new doctors, all of whom have been forced to spend most of their time on covid wards (now mostly caring for unvaccinated people) rather than training in their specialisms. But old doctors are still continuing to retire, meaning that the UK is heading for a bleak place with large gaps in the more junior doctor end.
Aside from massive ethical issues, especially where people pay tax for healthcare I think people whose lifestyle and diet choices cost healthcare systems billions each year are more of a threat to taking up bedspaces in places where they are a premium.

We know most Covid deaths and hospitalisations are due to co-morbidities. Even when things like age are excluded people are simply fatter, less active and consume terrible foods, too much booze etc a regular basis in most developed nations.

A fit young person who isn't vaccinated is by definition less of a drain on healthcare than an overweight person who can't put down their pint glass or donuts even for a few days....but if the obese person has their shot it seems you're suggesting they should have priority. So the one who routinely bad lifestyle choices is kept alive a bit longer, developing more obesity related illnesses which cost more to treat than covid and can take years to kill someone...while the fit healthy person should be left to die.

And if we're getting into saving resources why provide healthcare at all outside of things people have no control over? Nature takes care of these issues rather well, and rather brutally. And it leaves the strong to survive and propagate. How cold and rational is the selective 'save the healthcare' system going to be, because there are far bigger strains on healthcare that are lifestyle choice related we seem quite ok to see continue without denial of service.
Old Dec 6th 2021, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

somebody woke up Norm...
Old Dec 6th 2021, 10:49 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
somebody woke up Norm...
I'm regretting my involvement now, I have broken my own rule about engaging with people on the internet and the futility of the ensuing debate or arguments.
Old Dec 6th 2021, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, though something rankles me about incorrect or misleading statements being frozen "for ever" on the internet and thus potentially causing other people to be misled and make poor choices.
Old Dec 6th 2021, 12:25 pm

So we're moving away from vaccines being untested / unknown to 'new world order' concerns? Are we just in a matrix? Is there more to the fact DELTA OMICRON is 'MEDIA CONTROL' in anagram?
See my post above re; Austria etc.
Godwin's Law - thank you. Forgot that.
Pretty sure apartheid is focused on race, but it's just the perfect example of using extreme language (with massive emotional impact) to make a point. Exactly what you were saying it was not about - 'feelings'. That was all I was saying about that.
Both the lack of long term data about new vaccines AND concerns about the overstep of authority by the State are legitimate concerns. Let's keep this relatively sensible and serious and stop the comments about the 'matrix', word games about variant names or 'new world order' please.

As for apartheid - race was the metric used to separate people into certain areas, and create a two tiered society. If there's a better way to explain policies which may end up with people denied basic rights of movement, work in comparison with other citizens based on a metric like being jabbed or not I'm all ears so you can cease with the accusations of emotive language, if you're serious about exchanging ideas.

Yeah definitely. You could be a total genius and not be able to get a straw out of a bottle. Being a Doctor or Lawyer or Scientist and a trusted, senior professional doesn't mean you're right. Your own wife agrees.
Yet here we are questioning those who dare to question a fairly narrow range of experts who have the ear of those with political and economic power over the majority and the majority of the media, calling them stupid conspiracy theorists regardless of what they say or if they have taken their jabs and been compliant or not. Ironic.

So what makes the minority who are against jabs, the right ones?
There are millions against specific jabs for many reasons. A majority agreeing to something doesn't make it right, or indeed wrong. I'd suggest asking a broad range of them, including the medical professionals and scientists to get an idea of why they think they are right. There's more scientific opinion and data out there that what is approved by social media factcheckers that is far from tin foil hat territory, although a lot is behind paywalls these days. It's not my place to say if they are right as most people can make up their own minds when it comes to their own health in my view. I do know that people who are for forced medical procedures, who are happy demonising people who don't comply with government mandates, and who are happy to see restrictions of fellow citizens on travel and work for years will not end up on the right side of history, in the name of a pandemic that has killed around 5million people in nearly two years on a planet with nearly 8 billion, especially when the majority of people at risk have pre-existing co-morbidities.

As above, again - I'm not perfect. If I think someone's an idiot, I'll say it or think it. Anyone who pretends they don't is most likely telling porkies. I think not getting the jab is stupid.
I think there are ways of explaining we disagree with others that are constructive, and ways that are not constructive.
Old Dec 7th 2021, 8:28 am
Account Closed

Both the lack of long term data about new vaccines AND concerns about the overstep of authority by the State are legitimate concerns. Let's keep this relatively sensible and serious and stop the comments about the 'matrix', word games about variant names or 'new world order' please.

As for apartheid - race was the metric used to separate people into certain areas, and create a two tiered society. If there's a better way to explain policies which may end up with people denied basic rights of movement, work in comparison with other citizens based on a metric like being jabbed or not I'm all ears so you can cease with the accusations of emotive language, if you're serious about exchanging ideas.

Yet here we are questioning those who dare to question a fairly narrow range of experts who have the ear of those with political and economic power over the majority and the majority of the media, calling them stupid conspiracy theorists regardless of what they say or if they have taken their jabs and been compliant or not. Ironic.

There are millions against specific jabs for many reasons. A majority agreeing to something doesn't make it right, or indeed wrong. I'd suggest asking a broad range of them, including the medical professionals and scientists to get an idea of why they think they are right. There's more scientific opinion and data out there that what is approved by social media factcheckers that is far from tin foil hat territory, although a lot is behind paywalls these days. It's not my place to say if they are right as most people can make up their own minds when it comes to their own health in my view. I do know that people who are for forced medical procedures, who are happy demonising people who don't comply with government mandates, and who are happy to see restrictions of fellow citizens on travel and work for years will not end up on the right side of history, in the name of a pandemic that has killed around 5million people in nearly two years on a planet with nearly 8 billion, especially when the majority of people at risk have pre-existing co-morbidities.

I think there are ways of explaining we disagree with others that are constructive, and ways that are not constructive.
The classic; patronising internet man is arguably more boring. That being said, I'm happy to 'cease accusations of emotive language', but first, what sort of 'camps' are you talking about?

Last century was littered with examples of crushing millions beneath the might of the State in the name of "it's for your own good" or to save whatever system they decided was under threat from which group they deemed undesirable. I used to be baffled at how so many people could be marched off to camps without regular folk doing nothing
Apartheid is specifically about race. Not having a jab does not make an individual a different race. But yeah, get your point, it's needed to make it more victim-like and oppressed. Works perfectly at getting all riled up and emotional to avoid the logic.

If they can all be wrong how do we know who's right? I don't know?
Just because a doctor is perceived (and probably) very intelligent with regards to certain topics, doesn't mean they're always right, does it? So why are the minority claiming jabs are bad the ones who are right when the overwhelming majority of doctors don't agree? (Note - Overwhelming majority is an assumption from me, given that I make an educated guess that the educated doctors probably agree that jabs are good ideas. I'm happy to go away and see if there's some research on this, but you'd have to be pretty obtuse to disagree in my opinion).

I'm seeing several Docs at the moment, incidentally and treatment suggestions are varying. Fortunately, I'm listening to them and trying to be objective rather than googling it and reading the first post from social media - this seems to be the course of vaccine information for some.

The condition I have, my Mother adamantly claimed was caused by the vaccine. Not realising all the links she sent me were linked to a specific type of jab, that I didn't have. She convinced herself it was from the jab, despite the fact it wasn't possible. Took a while to come down from that idea as well. Took a while to accept it was wrong, still doesn't fully accept it's not possible, just that maybe the research doesn't show it yet.......however she calls me closed minded? Despite not accepting that her medical knowledge is zero, experience is zero and assumption completely wrong and won't accept it.....yet I'm closed minded for saying the issue suggested can't be correct because I didn't have the jab they say has the issue.

I disagree with laws for jabs, I disagree with lockdowns in places like the UK where vaccination is so high, but I also disagree with people going to Old Trafford in a number upwards of 70,000 and the overwhelming majority not wearing a mask - in the same way I think masks being mandatory on transport or in shops is a good idea for the time being. I'm comfortable with making my own decisions though, when I go back in a few weeks, I'll be wearing a mask in public - partly to protect myself so I can travel back here for work etc and partly to protect myself from getting Covid. Even if 'just a flu', I'd rather not get it and spoil family time.

Being inclined to get jabbed, doesn't mean you're pro-lockdown or pro 'restrictions of citizens' or whatever. I don't think your all if you're one. But not sure if that's what you were trying to say or not.
Old Dec 7th 2021, 12:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
I agree, though something rankles me about incorrect or misleading statements being frozen "for ever" on the internet and thus potentially causing other people to be misled and make poor choices.
Can we also extend this to correcting grammatical and spelling mistakes?