Petrol Station

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice
Question Petrol Station

Ok ive been getting my car cleaned from a petrol station pretty much twice a week for the last 6 months and for the life of me am not sure whether im suppossed to tip the guys cleaning the car and/or the guys putting my petrol in?

Also getting annoyed at the fili's behind the counter always trying to get me to buy a pack of chewing gum instead of giving me my change but thats a separate issue.

Any advice?
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 6:07 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petrol Station

Refuse the gum and take a packet of 'space raider' crisps instead. Tastier

Tip them if you want and demand your change.

That easy really
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deemi786
Ok ive been getting my car cleaned from a petrol station pretty much twice a week for the last 6 months and for the life of me am not sure whether im suppossed to tip the guys cleaning the car and/or the guys putting my petrol in?

Also getting annoyed at the fili's behind the counter always trying to get me to buy a pack of chewing gum instead of giving me my change but thats a separate issue.

Any advice?
I tip the car wash guys 5dhs each and petrol guys about 3-5dhs and on the odd occassion I have given 10dhs
I refuse to accept that crap chewing gum and tell them to find me the right change - it is not my problem. I ask them if I can pay with chewing gum and you should see their puzzled look
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

There were stories in the papers a couple of years ago stating that employees weren't allowed to keep the tips you gave them; stories of them being searched, even stripped searched. Basically the garage kept them.

I have no idea if this is still the case?
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Slingshot
I tip the car wash guys 5dhs each and petrol guys about 3-5dhs and on the odd occassion I have given 10dhs
I refuse to accept that crap chewing gum and tell them to find me the right change - it is not my problem. I ask them if I can pay with chewing gum and you should see their puzzled look
5 Dhs each??? You're a generous soul.

The one I go to (round the back of the metropolitan) has about 5 different blokes working on my car. That would work out at a 50% tip every time.

I generally give them between 5 and 10. Especially if they ask if they can polish my tyres. I felt really guilty once after my motor was caked in mud after taking it off road. The poor guy literally spent an hour cleaning the underneath of it and i didn't have any money to tip so i doubled up next time.

I must say though that what you get (50 dhs inside and out) is a fantastic price.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 7:44 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CeeBee
5 Dhs each??? You're a generous soul.

The one I go to (round the back of the metropolitan) has about 5 different blokes working on my car. That would work out at a 50% tip every time.

I generally give them between 5 and 10. Especially if they ask if they can polish my tyres. I felt really guilty once after my motor was caked in mud after taking it off road. The poor guy literally spent an hour cleaning the underneath of it and i didn't have any money to tip so i doubled up next time.

I must say though that what you get (50 dhs inside and out) is a fantastic price.
you're being ripped off - I pay 35 dhs
5dhs to each of them means nothing to me but a hell of alot to them
Old Feb 4th 2009, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I tip the petrol guy 5-10, they always clean my windows. I usually go to the same station every Friday morning on the way to footy so usually get the same guys every week.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

deemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nicedeemi786 is just really nice

fair enough, not sure if im getting ripped off with the car washing, i always want to take it into the automatic wash but am refused each time cause the car is too dirty!!??? What the f**k, thats the whole point isnt it?

Even the guys at the MOE and Ibn B refuse to wash my car cause its too dirty, unbelievable i tell you.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Usually tip the petrol guy 5 riyals a pop,and he then gives me three boxes of tissues instead of the usual two.

Dunno if its a Saudi thing, handing out boxes of tissues at petrol stations, but I've a nice collection of tissues boxes in the car.

Took it for a car clean the other day, 25 riyals for car wash and valet. I didn't tip the guys that time, as I was unsure what to do - I mean, I've paid for the car wash and valet? But there were about 6 guys working on the car at any one time, so who do I give tip to?
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
Usually tip the petrol guy 5 riyals a pop,and he then gives me three boxes of tissues instead of the usual two.

Dunno if its a Saudi thing, handing out boxes of tissues at petrol stations, but I've a nice collection of tissues boxes in the car.

Took it for a car clean the other day, 25 riyals for car wash and valet. I didn't tip the guys that time, as I was unsure what to do - I mean, I've paid for the car wash and valet? But there were about 6 guys working on the car at any one time, so who do I give tip to?
exactly i have about 7 people cleaning my car, if i give them 5 Aed each i just bumped up the price of the car wash to 75 AED.

Feel guilty giving just one person a tip....
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Investoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant futureInvestoman_uae has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Slingshot
Tell me which petrol station u use alot... when i get made redundant. .. thats where i will start lookin for a job.

Let me see ... hmm. ..so average 8 busy hours, 10 mins each avrg for a fill up... thats 48 cars.... 48 x 5dhs = 240 dhs per day....7,200 per month .. . good tip... on top of a salary of say 5,000 per month = 12,200 per month.

I'll be happy with 12,000. /m

Which station did you say again?

Inv.

PS: Assumption -----> everyone of those 48 car owners is as generous as u.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 2:45 pm
W10

When you tip.

Remember that Emarat keeps the tips.

Eppco allows the employees to keep them

Likewise. Some restaurants also keep the service charge and don't give it to staff. so best to ask their policy.

You should get your car done at Lube Express near Defence Roundabout if you're in Dubai. Dh135 for a full wash, hoover, wax and polish - inside and out.

Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:19 pm
same shit different day

Originally Posted by Investoman_uae
Tell me which petrol station u use alot... when i get made redundant. .. thats where i will start lookin for a job.

Let me see ... hmm. ..so average 8 busy hours, 10 mins each avrg for a fill up... thats 48 cars.... 48 x 5dhs = 240 dhs per day....7,200 per month .. . good tip... on top of a salary of say 5,000 per month = 12,200 per month.

I'll be happy with 12,000. /m

Which station did you say again?

Inv.

PS: Assumption -----> everyone of those 48 car owners is as generous as u.
yeah but are you any good?

I go to one in Al Barsha - quite close to the Greens
Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:20 pm
same shit different day

fair enough, not sure if im getting ripped off with the car washing, i always want to take it into the automatic wash but am refused each time cause the car is too dirty!!??? What the f**k, thats the whole point isnt it?

Even the guys at the MOE and Ibn B refuse to wash my car cause its too dirty, unbelievable i tell you.
it is probably because they would scratch the paint with grit - that or you really do need to take your car in more often!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

seraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of lightseraphnina is a glorious beacon of light

What are you doing with your car in between washes?LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.