Pet to the UK

Old Feb 18th 2007, 9:58 am
Just Joined

geoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant future
Default Pet to the UK

Hi,

I'm in the process of sending my pet back to the UK, I now have all the flight details for my cat, he's been microchipped, tested for rabies anti-bodies, and got all the various certificates from the municipality. The cat will be flying as cargo with Emirates and I have to say I've been impressed with the service from both the municipality and Emirates. Well done to all!

If anybody else is considering sending their pet back to the UK I can exchange information. BTW: I managed to do all the work myself for less than 1/2 the price a well known vet centre based in Dubai quoted to handle all the administration. In fact, it would probably have been more hassle to have worked with the company than actually doing it yourself!

Cheers

Geoff
Old Feb 18th 2007, 10:09 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet to the UK

Originally Posted by geoffboon90
Hi,

I'm in the process of sending my pet back to the UK, I now have all the flight details for my cat, he's been microchipped, tested for rabies anti-bodies, and got all the various certificates from the municipality. The cat will be flying as cargo with Emirates and I have to say I've been impressed with the service from both the municipality and Emirates. Well done to all!

If anybody else is considering sending their pet back to the UK I can exchange information. BTW: I managed to do all the work myself for less than 1/2 the price a well known vet centre based in Dubai quoted to handle all the administration. In fact, it would probably have been more hassle to have worked with the company than actually doing it yourself!

Cheers

Geoff
You heading back home Geoff???
Old Feb 18th 2007, 10:21 am
Just Joined

geoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant futuregeoffboon90 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
You heading back home Geoff???
Hi,

No, I'm off to a new place in the middle east to carry on my work. The cat's going back because the country is not part of the pets passport scheme - I don't like the idea of 6 month quarantine, so off he goes. Tomorrow morning 4am at Emirates Sky Cargo. Sad really.

Geoff
Old Feb 18th 2007, 10:42 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

No, I'm off to a new place in the middle east to carry on my work. The cat's going back because the country is not part of the pets passport scheme - I don't like the idea of 6 month quarantine, so off he goes. Tomorrow morning 4am at Emirates Sky Cargo. Sad really.

Geoff
Oh well,
Best of luck for your new venture

rgds
JD
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:34 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers

Geoff
Hi Geoff - It would be a very useful addition for the FAQs for this forum. If you could do a post with the various contact emails / numbers etc. The fees, process / tips etc.

I think a lot of people will find this useful over time...

Thanks!

Auto
Old Feb 18th 2007, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Oh well,
Best of luck for your new venture

rgds
JD
Cheers mate!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 2:26 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Look forward to seeing the info in due course. I did all the paperwork when I moved here and saved a fortune.

Hope you don't miss your cat too much.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 3:13 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers

Geoff

This info will be of use to others, if we had the time we could of made use of this at it happens we didn't and spent a fortune of our 3 rescued felines. But are worth every penny even if they are not accustomed to the outside world, have no idea what another cat is and fluff up the carpets - Grrr!!!!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 3:27 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering what happens if you 'adopt' a cat here. I did not think you could take them back to the UK. Nice to see someone giving them a good home.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 3:38 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
I was wondering what happens if you 'adopt' a cat here. I did not think you could take them back to the UK. Nice to see someone giving them a good home.

Thanks.

Of coarse you can take them back to uk.... Adopting a pet for many is a commitment, sadly for some - its oh well just chuck em out and let them fend for themselves, we had very little time to get ourselves sorted and I refused to leave any of them behind - some one we know looked after them until they were able to fly home.
We originally have 4 - 3 from the same litter and one little chap we found that was so close to death with bits broken that we didn't think he would survive but he had strong spirit and now rules the roost!!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 4:30 pm
Pog mo thoin

Ah, that's nice to hear. I thought there may be a problem with paperwork.

I had taken in a stray a few months ago but was worried if we got attached to him that we would have problems when we go back. We got him rehomed with a nice family so all worked out okay anyway.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 5:29 pm