British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Pet camel kills woman 'trying to have sex' (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/pet-camel-kills-woman-trying-have-sex-475239/)

Modernian Aug 19th 2007 3:57 pm

Pet camel kills woman 'trying to have sex'

Not a headline I ever thought I'd see.................. this is from the BBC website, of all places.............:huh:

By staff and agencies
Last Updated: 2:35pm BST 19/08/2007

An Australian woman was killed by a pet camel given to her as a 60th birthday present after the animal apparently tried to have sex, police have said.

Dromedary camels can be dangerous if treated as pets without discipline
The woman, whose name was not released, was killed yesterday at her family's sheep and cattle ranch near Mitchell, 350 miles west of the Queensland state capital Brisbane, said Detective Senior Constable Craig Gregory of the state police.

The 10-month-old male camel - weighing about 330 pounds - knocked the woman to the ground, lay on top of her, then exhibited what police suspect was mating behaviour, Mr Gregory said.

"I'd say it's probably been playing, or it may be even a sexual sort of thing," Gregory said, adding the camel almost suffocated the family's pet goat by straddling it on several occasions.

Chris Hill, who has offered camel rides to tourists for 20 years, a said he had no doubt the camel's behaviour was sexual.

Young camels are not aggressive, but can be dangerous if treated as pets without discipline, Mr Hill added.

The fate of the camel was not known.

The woman was given the camel in March as a birthday present from her husband and daughter. "She had a love of exotic pets," Mr Gregory said.

Confucius Aug 19th 2007 4:32 pm

Re: Pet camel kills woman 'trying to have sex'

Originally Posted by Modernian (Post 5208886)
Not a headline I ever thought I'd see.................. this is from the BBC website, of all places.............:huh:

By staff and agencies

An Australian woman was killed by a pet camel given to her as a 60th birthday present after the animal apparently tried to have sex, police have said.

The woman, whose name was not released, was killed yesterday at her family's sheep and cattle ranch near Mitchell, 350 miles west of the Queensland state capital Brisbane, said Detective Senior Constable Craig Gregory of the state police.

The 10-month-old male camel - weighing about 330 pounds - knocked the woman to the ground, lay on top of her, then exhibited what police suspect was mating behaviour, Mr Gregory said.

"I'd say it's probably been playing, or it may be even a sexual sort of thing," Gregory said, adding the camel almost suffocated the family's pet goat by straddling it on several occasions.

Chris Hill, who has offered camel rides to tourists for 20 years, a said he had no doubt the camel's behaviour was sexual.

Young camels are not aggressive, but can be dangerous if treated as pets without discipline, Mr Hill added.

The woman was given the camel in March as a birthday present from her husband and daughter. "She had a love of exotic pets," Mr Gregory said.

It must've read the Camel Sutra...
Crouching Camel-Hidden Woman position is to die for...

Confucius Aug 19th 2007 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 5208963)

A spanish fly was also spotted flying overhead...

Madam Medusa Aug 19th 2007 7:14 pm

hmmm...you sound suspiciously familiar with the camel sutra...!

MM, xx

Modernian Aug 19th 2007 7:22 pm

I particularly liked the deadpan matter-of-fact line:

"The fate of the camel was not known".

I also know a nice lady who treats ME like a pet, but WITH discipline.......

Inselaffen Aug 19th 2007 8:46 pm

"The fate of the camel was not known but was last seen smoking a fag"

arbroath_abroad Aug 19th 2007 11:44 pm

too funny again:D

Mellie66 Aug 20th 2007 4:58 am

She had a love of exotic pets?

Thank god they never gave her an elephant, she would have needed a coffin 10ft by 10ft after a flattening by that!

Rog_Rams Aug 20th 2007 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Modernian (Post 5208886)

By staff and agencies

Humped to death?

Cham128 Aug 20th 2007 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Rog_Rams (Post 5210449)
Humped to death?

bet her family had the hump after that

Blue Cat Aug 20th 2007 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Rog_Rams (Post 5210449)
Humped to death?

PMSL!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

mythic Aug 20th 2007 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Cham128 (Post 5210587)
bet her family had the hump after that

can think of better ways of getting a camel hair coat, but what ever turns you on. :ohmy:

karis Aug 20th 2007 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by mythic (Post 5211391)
can think of better ways of getting a camel hair coat, but what ever turns you on. :ohmy:

hahahaha your funny!!