Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Pet boarding in Abu Dhabi

Pet boarding in Abu Dhabi

Old Jul 28th 2010, 7:58 pm
IOGM

Spikus will become famous soon enough
Default Pet boarding in Abu Dhabi

We are presently on route to Abu Dhabi from Canada, due to arrive Aug 20. The beasts will be arriving around Aug 22...... 120lb Rhodesian Ridgeback and 3ft Bearded Dragon. We are using BVC for the clearance but I'm wondering whether anyone can recommend boarding facilities in case we are not set up to take them home yet.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet boarding in Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by Spikus
We are presently on route to Abu Dhabi from Canada, due to arrive Aug 20. The beasts will be arriving around Aug 22...... 120lb Rhodesian Ridgeback and 3ft Bearded Dragon. We are using BVC for the clearance but I'm wondering whether anyone can recommend boarding facilities in case we are not set up to take them home yet.
This is no way to refer to the wife and kids
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

whats a bearded dragon?
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
whats a bearded dragon?
I assumed that was the wife.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

woooo. I've just looked up a bearded dragon. I don't fancy your chances of finding someone to look after a 3ft one of those! Are you even allowed to bring it over?
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

well shed be a dwarf, if it is, and a lady dwarf with a beard? sounds like a winner at the circus side shows to me!
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

wow theres a whole website dedicated to them http://www.beardeddragon.org/ they are kind of cute as far as lizards go. I particularly like the poll on how many times you handle your beardie a day... most do it several times a day? Spikus how many times a day do you handle yoru beardie?
Old Jul 29th 2010, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

wow theres a whole website dedicated to them http://www.beardeddragon.org/ they are kind of cute as far as lizards go. I particularly like the poll on how many times you handle your beardie a day... most do it several times a day? Spikus how many times a day do you handle yoru beardie?
I like the two headed one.

The ridgeback is a cool dog though.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spikus
I thought the BVC did dog boarding? I know they do cats. You can try the American Vetinerary Clinc:

http://www.avcclinic.com/

or SAD (Strays of Abu Dhabi) the vounteer group that look after stray dogs etc - for sure they will know all the dog boarding facilities here.

http://www.straysofabudhabi.com/

Mrs Doolittle (also Canadian) might also have some helpful suggestions - I am not sure if she does boarding though

http://mrsdoolittlespetservices.net/
Old Jul 29th 2010, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
woooo. I've just looked up a bearded dragon. I don't fancy your chances of finding someone to look after a 3ft one of those! Are you even allowed to bring it over?
Where are you planning to live??
Old Jul 29th 2010, 3:14 pm
IOGM

Thanks to all for the interest, information and humour.... did not relaize what I was opening myself up to with the question Obviously I need to be on my toes to keep-up with you guys.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 3:17 pm
IOGM

Originally Posted by soukie
Where are you planning to live??
No idea yet..... plan is to arrive Aug 20 and take it from there. Been globe trotting for a very long time and have learnt not to get too far ahead of myself.... one thing at a time. Having said that, I welcome any feedback on suitable locales given the large dog.
Old Jul 29th 2010, 3:19 pm
IOGM

Originally Posted by weescot
I thought the BVC did dog boarding? I know they do cats. You can try the American Vetinerary Clinc:

http://www.avcclinic.com/

or SAD (Strays of Abu Dhabi) the vounteer group that look after stray dogs etc - for sure they will know all the dog boarding facilities here.

http://www.straysofabudhabi.com/

Mrs Doolittle (also Canadian) might also have some helpful suggestions - I am not sure if she does boarding though

http://mrsdoolittlespetservices.net/
Many thanks. When my wife set-up the import & clearance with them she understood that they did not board. Will follow-up.....
Old Jul 29th 2010, 3:20 pm
IOGM

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I like the two headed one.

The ridgeback is a cool dog though.
Two-headed one?
Old Jul 29th 2010, 3:23 pm
IOGM

Kind of a personal question but I will take it in the spirit that I am sure was intended! It is my daughters pet and I have to agree that they are far easier to handle if they recieve regular attention. She takes it out at least once a day to handle and let run around the room. It even has a leash and is taken for walkies. Gets kind of kranky if ignored.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.