Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Perverted Stares In Dubai!!!!

Perverted Stares In Dubai!!!!

Old Apr 18th 2009, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perverted Stares In Dubai!!!!

Originally Posted by gilly-beans
This thread is directed to young girls in Dubai.
"Just ignore them. It's normal, you're different, they're not used to that"
BUT I CAN'T!! I CAN'T IGNORE THEM! EVERY DAY I WALK OUTSIDE MY DOOR I GET THOSE STARES! HUNDREDS OF STARES!!
:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Walking to MOE, there are so many workers' buses passing me. The bus passes. The workers stare. All of them. Not discretely either. They ALL turn there heads and stare. Depending on my mood, i either ignore them, stare back at them till they turn around, or shout at the bus *vulgar*.
Please tell me it's not only me... I'm FED UP!
The worst of them all... Deira... that was horrible. Walking through the souk in long jeans (not tight fitting) and a normal tshirt. I'm well covered. They turn around, staring, with that familiar perverted smile... they nudge their friends, they stare. UGH I'M FED UP!!!
I must sound really stuck up: they
I'm not... Why can't they just keep their eyes to themselves.
Are you fed up too? What do you do? Personally I find staring them right into the eye is best. Normally they turn right round in embarrassment "darn she saw me" or they have a staring contest. Though I'm walking, i still win.
I usually take a pic of those memorable events.....lol
Old Apr 18th 2009, 10:47 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

It annoys me that the malls seem to be anti-shorts...

What, they think I should wear long trousers when I run to MoE?

I do get stares though, in my running shorts and t-shirt. Or maybe it's because they smell me before they see me
Old Apr 18th 2009, 10:52 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eva
As if they couldn't wear something more appropo.... say like the outfit you are wearing in your avatar plastered all over this Middle Eastern forum You're a topper Shadheart
Old Apr 18th 2009, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very livid...
Old Apr 18th 2009, 11:34 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
I'm very livid...

That no one stares at you anymore?

-
Old Apr 18th 2009, 3:56 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very livid...
Can I stare at you please?
Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
That no one stares at you anymore?

-
My eyes are constantly looking ahead...I have no time for starers - bigger fish to fry, etc...
Old Apr 18th 2009, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Can I stare at you please?
There's a 30-odd strong line ahead of you...But you can push your way in...I know you...
Old Apr 18th 2009, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

If i hadn't been drinking tongiht, I'd probably try to console you and educate you in cultural differences but.... I was also pissed off at labourers staring at my girlfriend, Arab and Pakistani men proposing sexual shit to her in the street through the window of their car as she walked along alone, dressed completely conservatively (or not), DAILY.

As for people expecting foreigners to "dress and act conservatively in a muslim country" well..... do you expect ever one of the billions of travellers every year to foreign countries to read up about culture, religions, standards, laws, dress code, expectations and so on before travelling? I mean, look at the level of intelligence of some of these travellers.

If a country wants a foreigner to visit, they shouldn't expect that foreigner to know how to behave, yet "ignorance" is not an excuse. They absolve themselves of responsibility legally but not really morally.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

BUT I CAN'T!! I CAN'T IGNORE THEM! EVERY DAY I WALK OUTSIDE MY DOOR I GET THOSE STARES! HUNDREDS OF STARES!!
:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Walking to MOE, there are so many workers' buses passing me. The bus passes. The workers stare. All of them. Not discretely either. They ALL turn there heads and stare. Depending on my mood, i either ignore them, stare back at them till they turn around, or shout at the bus *vulgar*.
The worst of them all... Deira... that was horrible. Walking through the souk in long jeans (not tight fitting) and a normal tshirt. I'm well covered. They turn around, staring, with that familiar perverted smile... they nudge their friends, they stare. UGH I'M FED UP!!!
Are you fed up too? What do you do? Personally I find staring them right into the eye is best. Normally they turn right round in embarrassment "darn she saw me" or they have a staring contest. Though I'm walking, i still win.
I asked my three teenage daughters about how they deal with the staring - they said you just have to ignore it, give no reaction and eventually you will become oblivious to it - don't ever (they say) stare back or ever, ever engage in conversation as it is highly likely it will be intepreted incorrectly.
Old Apr 18th 2009, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
by the way, has anyone told you that the back of your dress has got stuck in your knickers?
Old Apr 19th 2009, 1:39 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

There's a 30-odd strong line ahead of you...But you can push your way in...I know you...

(PP is now staring quite hard)
Old Apr 19th 2009, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Do what I do - leave out the contact lenses and then you can't see what anyone is looking at

ANyway who cares if anyone is staring at you from a bus - they're not going to jump out of the window en masse to jump you now are they? So let them have their little bit of fun the poor sods

Having said that - I would NOT smile at them in case they thought it's an invitation to jump you
Old Apr 19th 2009, 8:35 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Smoochy Girl
ANyway who cares if anyone is staring at you from a bus - they're not going to jump out of the window en masse to jump you now are they? So let them have their little bit of fun the poor sods

Having said that - I would NOT smile at them in case they thought it's an invitation to jump you
From a bus?
Old Apr 19th 2009, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Smoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud ofSmoochy Girl has much to be proud of

Well GB said "Walking to MOE, there are so many workers' buses passing me. The bus passes. The workers stare. All of them. Not discretely either. They ALL turn there heads and stare."

Who knows - if she smiles at them and they're at a red light?? They might jump out of the window for a grab - hahahahahaha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.