British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Perverted Stares In Dubai!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/perverted-stares-dubai-604069/)

gilly-beans Apr 17th 2009 9:36 pm

Perverted Stares In Dubai!!!!

This thread is directed to young girls in Dubai.
"Just ignore them. It's normal, you're different, they're not used to that"
BUT I CAN'T!! I CAN'T IGNORE THEM! EVERY DAY I WALK OUTSIDE MY DOOR I GET THOSE STARES! HUNDREDS OF STARES!!
:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Walking to MOE, there are so many workers' buses passing me. The bus passes. The workers stare. All of them. Not discretely either. They ALL turn there heads and stare. Depending on my mood, i either ignore them, stare back at them till they turn around, or shout at the bus *vulgar*.
Please tell me it's not only me... I'm FED UP!
The worst of them all... Deira... that was horrible. Walking through the souk in long jeans (not tight fitting) and a normal tshirt. I'm well covered. They turn around, staring, with that familiar perverted smile... they nudge their friends, they stare. UGH I'M FED UP!!!
I must sound really stuck up: they
I'm not... Why can't they just keep their eyes to themselves.
Are you fed up too? What do you do? Personally I find staring them right into the eye is best. Normally they turn right round in embarrassment "darn she saw me" or they have a staring contest. Though I'm walking, i still win.

The Dean Apr 17th 2009 10:18 pm

Re: Perverted Stares In Dubai!!!!

Hi everybody,

I'm a construction worker. Every evening, after working 12 hours in the hot sun for wages of about twenty dirhams, a bus comes to take me and my fellow workers back to the labour camp. Sometimes, when the bus is travelling through Deira, we drive past a young woman walking along the road.

She is so beautiful............... she wears a normal t-shirt, and jeans (though not tight fitting) but she still looks lovely.

None of us ever see a woman, you know, and so when we see one, especially a beautiful and young one, we just can't help staring at her. We would never do anything to hurt her - we just enjoy looking at such a beautiful vision of loveliness.

Recently, she started staring back at us, which embarrassed us all, but I hope she understands why we stare at her.

I hope she doesn't get upset, and post something ridiculous on the British Expats website, or something like that................. :sneaky:

StublueKPL Apr 17th 2009 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by gilly-beans (Post 7489410)
This thread is directed to young girls in Dubai.
"Just ignore them. It's normal, you're different, they're not used to that"
BUT I CAN'T!! I CAN'T IGNORE THEM! EVERY DAY I WALK OUTSIDE MY DOOR I GET THOSE STARES! HUNDREDS OF STARES!!
:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Walking to MOE, there are so many workers' buses passing me. The bus passes. The workers stare. All of them. Not discretely either. They ALL turn there heads and stare. Depending on my mood, i either ignore them, stare back at them till they turn around, or shout at the bus *vulgar*.
Please tell me it's not only me... I'm FED UP!
The worst of them all... Deira... that was horrible. Walking through the souk in long jeans (not tight fitting) and a normal tshirt. I'm well covered. They turn around, staring, with that familiar perverted smile... they nudge their friends, they stare. UGH I'M FED UP!!!
I must sound really stuck up: they
I'm not... Why can't they just keep their eyes to themselves.
Are you fed up too? What do you do? Personally I find staring them right into the eye is best. Normally they turn right round in embarrassment "darn she saw me" or they have a staring contest. Though I'm walking, i still win.

And thats just the women on the buses. the men?? Well......................

StublueKPL Apr 17th 2009 10:43 pm

I have to admit that I hate it when im walking along the street and the Dubai Female Models club bus (also known as DXB Club 18-30) is driving past.

Those women are so disgusting in the way that they stare at me and turn their heads in unison at a 5ft 11, dark-haired, blue eyed, muscular, sexy, witty, intelligent ex male model from Glasgow is appalling.

Is it because im staggering along the road coming back from the pub or just my handsome, rugged "Weegie" looks?

well, ok, if you drop the handsome, muscular, ex male model, witty, intelligent, sexy parts then you get my drift about getting really annoyed at those disgusting wretches.

gilly-beans Apr 17th 2009 10:58 pm

-Allright. That explains it. But why the ''smile''?
You say you don't see many women around. I know it's the religion to dress up head to toe, not showing much of your body as a woman, but i don't understand why so few women walk the streets of Dubai, are they restricted? Or do most religious women think it's best to stay at home. Maybe it isn't even their decision.
I always wear trousers and t-shirts when going out. Because I don't want to give anybody another reason to stare. I find it rude and it makes me feel insecure..

-Dubai Females Model Club... *giggles* The way you say ''disgusting wretches'' sounds like they are old hags XD Certainly does sound toffy

StublueKPL Apr 17th 2009 11:42 pm

toffy? thats the first time i have heard anyone say that about me :p

But i do take on what you are saying about the stares, it used to annoy me years ago when i was with my girl and i used to shout at the guys but as time passes, you realise that they are far away from home and live in a camp with 500 other guys so i dont blame them for staring.

Christ, i sit on an oil rig for a month with 100 guys and I feel like staring at the women when the plane lands in DXB (ok maybe not feel is the right word. maybe "i do" is better (discreetly of course :) )

TGFKASE Apr 18th 2009 12:31 am

Originally Posted by StublueKPL (Post 7489763)
toffy? thats the first time i have heard anyone say that about me :p

But i do take on what you are saying about the stares, it used to annoy me years ago when i was with my girl and i used to shout at the guys but as time passes, you realise that they are far away from home and live in a camp with 500 other guys so i dont blame them for staring.

Christ, i sit on an oil rig for a month with 100 guys and I feel like staring at the women when the plane lands in DXB (ok maybe not feel is the right word. maybe "i do" is better (discreetly of course :) )

Gotta agree with the weegie... (God, I hate typing that!!!)

Used to leave Saudi after 60 days and cross the causeway. Straight to Bahrain airport and my eyes would flit back and fore from one female-looking body to another. It would take at least 24 hrs for the phenomenon to wear off..

As far as the 'toffy' line goes... Maybe she mistook you for an Everton fan.. Wear blue and runners up to your bigger city team....

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

StublueKPL Apr 18th 2009 2:31 am

Originally Posted by TGFKASE (Post 7489841)
Gotta agree with the weegie... (God, I hate typing that!!!)

Used to leave Saudi after 60 days and cross the causeway. Straight to Bahrain airport and my eyes would flit back and fore from one female-looking body to another. It would take at least 24 hrs for the phenomenon to wear off..

As far as the 'toffy' line goes... Maybe she mistook you for an Everton fan.. Wear blue and runners up to your bigger city team....

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

you mean the phenomenon wears off?????????. Christ i need help:p

Bigger city team? Queens park are more or less amateurs? Or do you mean partick thistle? :p

Madam Medusa Apr 18th 2009 4:03 am

oh dear...i despair...

MM, xx

Confucius Apr 18th 2009 5:06 am

Originally Posted by The Dean (Post 7489563)
Hi everybody,

I'm a construction worker. Every evening, after working 12 hours in the hot sun for wages of about twenty dirhams, a bus comes to take me and my fellow workers back to the labour camp. Sometimes, when the bus is travelling through Deira, we drive past a young woman walking along the road.

She is so beautiful............... she wears a normal t-shirt, and jeans (though not tight fitting) but she still looks lovely.

None of us ever see a woman, you know, and so when we see one, especially a beautiful and young one, we just can't help staring at her. We would never do anything to hurt her - we just enjoy looking at such a beautiful vision of loveliness.

Recently, she started staring back at us, which embarrassed us all, but I hope she understands why we stare at her.

I hope she doesn't get upset, and post something ridiculous on the British Expats website, or something like that................. :sneaky:

She didn't say she was beautiful...

klaus3974 Apr 18th 2009 5:51 am

If you read the "I find a little bird" thread... you will realize she is a very young girl... so be nice with her guys. One day she would get to an age when she will miss all those looks.

The Dean Apr 18th 2009 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Confucius (Post 7490119)
She didn't say she was beautiful...

Nor did I............

I was quoting a construction worker.

Blue Cat Apr 18th 2009 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7490075)
oh dear...i despair...

MM, xx

wonder if her maid uses her pool ?

Madam Medusa Apr 18th 2009 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7490211)
wonder if her maid uses her pool ?

i think she's only a teenager...so maybe we can let her off, she has much to learn...

MM, xx

Morecambe Mindy Apr 18th 2009 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 7490259)
i think she's only a teenager...so maybe we can let her off, she has much to learn...

MM, xx

I got stared at the other day, seriously thought I had my skirt tucked in my knickers or something cos it really doesn't happen that often!

Smile back and walk on, trust me, it hurts more when nobody looks!