British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Period Drama's or Menopause?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/period-dramas-menopause-445035/)

Jammy_Dodgers Apr 25th 2007 11:27 pm

Period Drama's or Menopause??

Being a guy im rubbish with stuff involving the hormone fairy, however, If a woman is over reacting, being over emotional and generally un rational, how can you tell if its a period drama or the onset of the menopause...especially if the woman is of "that" age.

And as a secondary question, is HRT covered over here as part of your health cover or is it an extra??

MataHari Apr 26th 2007 2:52 am

Re: Period Drama's or Menopause??

if it comes and goes every 3 weeks or so...period drama...thank god I am the stable type....

twinkle-star Apr 26th 2007 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers (Post 4697646)
Being a guy im rubbish with stuff involving the hormone fairy, however, If a woman is over reacting, being over emotional and generally un rational, how can you tell if its a period drama or the onset of the menopause...especially if the woman is of "that" age.

And as a secondary question, is HRT covered over here as part of your health cover or is it an extra??

Depends!... What have you done to upset her ??????
THINK MAN THINK!!!!:lol:

MataHari Apr 26th 2007 3:53 am

Originally Posted by twinkle-star (Post 4698304)
Depends!... What have you done to upset her ??????
THINK MAN THINK!!!!:lol:

you seem a bit PMS....

twinkle-star Apr 26th 2007 5:54 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 4698321)
you seem a bit PMS....

Not at all NEVER get it ...my husband does tho ..funny enough ..gets all moody and techy just beforehand.
Took us a few months to realise this. I just tiptoe around him! :rofl: :rofl:

Blue Cat Apr 26th 2007 5:56 am

who's been upsetting you Jammy! :D

arbroath_abroad Apr 26th 2007 5:56 am

i love a good old period drama

littlejimmy Apr 26th 2007 5:56 am

A recent scientifical study by scienticians found that women find different male faces attractive depending on what point of their menstrual cycle they are currently in.

For example: when a woman is ovulating, she will prefer a man with rugged, masculine features.

However, when she is up on blocks (menstruating), she prefers a man doused in ****ing petrol, set on fire, with a large pair of scissors stuck in his ****ing eyes and a cricket stump jammed up his bastard arse.

Blue Cat Apr 26th 2007 5:57 am

Originally Posted by littlejimmy (Post 4698508)
A recent scientifical study by scienticians found that women find different male faces attractive depending on what point of their menstrual cycle they are currently in.

For example: when a woman is ovulating, she will prefer a man with rugged, masculine features.

However, when she is up on blocks (menstruating), she prefers a man doused in ****ing petrol, set on fire, with a large pair of scissors stuck in his ****ing eyes and a cricket stump jammed up his bastard arse.

I was fine last week though Jimmy :eek:

littlejimmy Apr 26th 2007 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4698509)
I was fine last week though Jimmy :eek:

TMI

Meow Apr 26th 2007 5:59 am

Depends on the specific plan. Most won't cover out-patient precriptions though.

And 'that age' can be anything from 45 - 57, with the average being 51 (for a British woman, at least). Doesn't happen overnight, but symptons can lead up to it for a few years. Strictly speaking this is called climacteric.

Blue Cat Apr 26th 2007 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 4698517)
Depends on the specific plan. Most won't cover out-patient precriptions though.

And 'that age' can be anything from 45 - 57, with the average being 51 (for a British woman, at least). Doesn't happen overnight, but symptons can lead up to it for a few years. Strictly speaking this is called climacteric.

Jammy women of that age really are too old for you, you should concentrate on those in their early 40's as they seem more settled. Just my opinion. :p

Confucius Apr 26th 2007 7:08 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4698556)
Jammy women of that age really are too old for you, you should concentrate on those in their early 40's as they seem more settled. Just my opinion. :p

How old were you again???

Jammy_Dodgers Apr 26th 2007 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 4698556)

My preference is 20's..30's at a push..

MJC Apr 26th 2007 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers (Post 4698728)
My preference is 20's..30's at a push..

As in they were born in the 1920's/30's?

:eek: