Reload this Page >

Pearls and popcorn!

Pearls and popcorn!

Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

BettyCrocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pearls and popcorn!

Hello chaps!

Hope you're all well and enjoying the sun!! I'm bloomin' freezing here in the Salop!

I just read in my trusty 'expat guide' that you cannot bring ivory or pearls into the Dubai!?!??!!

My two favourite things in life are pearls and popcorn....

Please tell me this is a rule for traders?

I don't want to leave my Jewells here in the cold!!

Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:43 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pearls and popcorn!

Originally Posted by BettyCrocker
Hello chaps!

Hope you're all well and enjoying the sun!! I'm bloomin' freezing here in the Salop!

I just read in my trusty 'expat guide' that you cannot bring ivory or pearls into the Dubai!?!??!!

why would you have ivory then?
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:51 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Hello chaps!

I'd leave the ivory where it is if I was you. Can't understand why you have it, but that's another story...
Old Apr 14th 2008, 6:52 pm
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Bring ur jewells leave the ivory
Old Apr 15th 2008, 3:28 am
Banned

Old Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to beholdOld Lob is a splendid one to behold

All good advice. Leave the ivory - it is a criminal offence in most countries to import it - certainly in the UK where you will certainly return and probably in UAE.

I do not hope that someone shoots you and uses your teeth for personal adornment.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 3:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Hello chaps!

why would you want ivory anyway...??

you have pearl and popcorn necklaces...interesting...

MM, xx
Old Apr 15th 2008, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
obviously wants to avoid the full sloaney look
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

BettyCrocker is an unknown quantity at this point

NO no no!!!! I don't own any Ivory (didn;t say I did) and nor would I....I was stating that my expat guide states that you cannot bring 'Pearls or Ivory into UAE'.....I understand and would not want to own any Ivory...............

But why pearls? Can I bring them?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:37 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
A pearl necklace can be very becoming on a woman....
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BangleMan
A pearl necklace can be very becoming on a woman....
trust you to lower the tone!
and don't even try playing the innocent card. we know what you meant!
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:47 am
Hammer for Life

BangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond reputeBangleMan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
trust you to lower the tone!
and don't even try playing the innocent card. we know what you meant!
Im shocked you are even suggesting such a thing, I was merely saying that I think some ladies look very atttractive with a pearl necklace ???...
Old Apr 15th 2008, 10:11 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BangleMan
Im shocked you are even suggesting such a thing, I was merely saying that I think some ladies look very atttractive with a pearl necklace ???...
Even I balked at posting something so obvious.......
Old Apr 15th 2008, 11:15 am
Hammer for Life

Originally Posted by ScotsExpat
Even I balked at posting something so obvious.......
What did I say ?.......Can get the whole pearl necklace thing, but am having trouble with fitting the popcorn in ?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:09 pm
Diarist

secretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to behold

I can't see any issue bringing pearls in in terms of personal jewellery. Commercial quantities of loose pearls maybe.

In terms of "illegal" type substances like ivory, you can find anything like that in Dubai if you look hard enough. I've heard you can buy shahtooshes in one of the boutiques at Emirates Towers if you tip the wink and have $10k ready to hand.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 7:09 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

why can't you bring pearls in? every jeweller in Dubai sells them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.