Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Paying for a car crash!?!?!?

View Poll Results: Charged for 'causing' a crash?!?!
Ha Ha they saw you coming...
12.50%
If you do the crime.....you pay the fine
81.25%
It should be split between drivers?!?!
0%
No idea
6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Paying for a car crash!?!?!?

Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

hell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant future
Default Paying for a car crash!?!?!?

Having some stoooopid taxi driver cause a little smash and then scarper the other day, we were left to clean up the pieces..... The old bill came and claimed we were responsible... As we went into the back of the guy in front I couldn't really say much (even though the cab just did an emergency stop in the middle of the road). We were given the dreaded pink slip and when we went to register a (completely unrelated) car last night that we have just bought, we were charged AED410 for having an accident.......

Is this normal?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:02 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paying for a car crash!?!?!?

Originally Posted by hell its hot
Having some stoooopid taxi driver cause a little smash and then scarper the other day, we were left to clean up the pieces..... The old bill came and claimed we were responsible... As we went into the back of the guy in front I couldn't really say much (even though the cab just did an emergency stop in the middle of the road). We were given the dreaded pink slip and when we went to register a (completely unrelated) car last night that we have just bought, we were charged AED410 for having an accident.......

Is this normal?
Normal; no. The new rules; yes! Welcome to the tax free haven of Dubai.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

never heard of this before it is obviously a fine of some sort if you have paid at the RTA?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:04 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
never heard of this before it is obviously a fine of some sort if you have paid at the RTA?
New rules are that if you are responsible for an accident you pay a fine. Not sure the amount but looks like 400 + 10 for that other thingy they charge on other fines.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
New rules are that if you are responsible for an accident you pay a fine. Not sure the amount but looks like 400 + 10 for that other thingy they charge on other fines.
10dhs, knowledge fee or something..

Going into the back of another car, little excuse really, unless the car in front changed lane immediately before dropping the anchor.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

hell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant futurehell its hot has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by admon
10dhs, knowledge fee or something..

Going into the back of another car, little excuse really, unless the car in front changed lane immediately before dropping the anchor.
When you come off a round-a-bout into tall chevrons and turn a blind corner where the rear end of a stationary car greets you due to the taxi infront stopping in the middle of the road for no reason, you can't really do much about it......

Both Me and the other driver agreed that it was the taxi's fault but as he didn't stop I am left out of pocket again.

I really should stop using this forum for reference, and use it for what it's here for, putting people down......
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

When you come off a round-a-bout into tall chevrons and turn a blind corner where the rear end of a stationary car greets you due to the taxi infront stopping in the middle of the road for no reason, you can't really do much about it......

Both Me and the other driver agreed that it was the taxi's fault but as he didn't stop I am left out of pocket again.

I really should stop using this forum for reference, and use it for what it's here for, putting people down......
I'm sorry, but you opened a poll and asked for opinion?
Fact is over here as most of the world, you go into the back of a car and its virtually always deemed as your fault. Thats not a put down, just a statement.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

You shouldn't be going so fast around a blind corner that you can't stop for a hazard.
How would you feel if it were a child rather than a taxi sitting there.

No excuse for running up the back of cars. Even if the taxi stopped for no reason....you should be able to stop anyway.

Yes - cause an accident you get fined for dangerous driving or somat.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jeeper
You shouldn't be going so fast around a blind corner that you can't stop for a hazard.
How would you feel if it were a child rather than a taxi sitting there.

No excuse for running up the back of cars. Even if the taxi stopped for no reason....you should be able to stop anyway.

Yes - cause an accident you get fined for dangerous driving or somat.
I hear what you are saying but it's a constantly busy stretch of road just off SZR, and not even Mr Lewis Hamilton himself would have been able to avoid it, I had come off the round-a-bout and was doing about 30kmh, You really don't expect anything (especially children) to be just sat stationary in the middle of the road when there aren't any traffic lights/signals/junctions ahead.
Just bad luck that's all.

As I mentioned I admitted responsability and just wanted to know if I should be liable for an additional fine as well as the excees on my premium. That's all.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

You really don't expect anything (especially children) to be just sat stationary in the middle of the road when there aren't any traffic lights/signals/junctions ahead.
Just bad luck that's all.

Most accidents arise from unexpected situations.
Expect the unexpected - especially in this town.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Most accidents arise from unexpected situations.
Expect the unexpected - especially in this town.
From now on I will!!!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:40 am
If I have to explain...

From now on I will!!!
Except on here, cos then you know exactly what's gonna happen....
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Roadking
Except on here, cos then you know exactly what's gonna happen....
Ditto!!!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 10:50 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

I hear what you are saying but it's a constantly busy stretch of road just off SZR, and not even Mr Lewis Hamilton himself would have been able to avoid it, I had come off the round-a-bout and was doing about 30kmh, You really don't expect anything (especially children) to be just sat stationary in the middle of the road when there aren't any traffic lights/signals/junctions ahead.
Just bad luck that's all. As I mentioned I admitted responsability and just wanted to know if I should be liable for an additional fine as well as the excees on my premium. That's all.
Are you Bison in disguise? Not only will you have to pay the excess on your insurance policy and the fine but you will also find that next year your insurance premium will go up. Happy days! Next time you may may wish to get the number of the taxi cab...they have them written on the bodywork...or the registration number.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 11:30 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

When you come off a round-a-bout into tall chevrons and turn a blind corner where the rear end of a stationary car greets you due to the taxi infront stopping in the middle of the road for no reason, you can't really do much about it.....
Sounds like driving too fast for road conditions (restricted view of road ahead)...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.