Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

pay more, get the same...driving license

pay more, get the same...driving license

Old Sep 27th 2010, 4:31 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default pay more, get the same...driving license

the price of a Dubai driving license has gone up from 160 to 360 dhs...

and for your info...if you have an Emirates ID card, you can go to the Dnata office and activate your E-gate on this for 170 dhs...a normal separate E-gate card is 220 dhs.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 4:39 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: pay more, get the same...driving license

You are telling me that the ID card doesn't give you free, automatic e-gate access? What bloody use is it, then?
Old Sep 27th 2010, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

You can't even use it to scrape the ice off your car in the morning - that was the only use I ever found for my National Insurance card back home.....
Old Sep 27th 2010, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari View Post
the price of a Dubai driving license has gone up from 160 to 360 dhs...

and for your info...if you have an Emirates ID card, you can go to the Dnata office and activate your E-gate on this for 170 dhs...a normal separate E-gate card is 220 dhs.
The E-gate only-card cost me 200 dhs when I got one last month (in Abu Dhabi, though. Perhaps it's cheaper here).
Old Sep 27th 2010, 12:05 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf View Post
The E-gate only-card cost me 200 dhs when I got one last month (in Abu Dhabi, though. Perhaps it's cheaper here).
it used to be 200 dhs here as well, but about 4 months ago it went up to 220...when I said something about it to the cashier he just looked at me and said no, it was always 220...oh well
Old Sep 27th 2010, 12:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

it used to be 200 dhs here as well, but about 4 months ago it went up to 220...when I said something about it to the cashier he just looked at me and said no, it was always 220...oh well
I paid 200AED for an e-gate card at the end of July. Got it at Dubai T1, upstairs office, the one above the departure check-in hall.

Did you get a receipt!!!
Old Sep 27th 2010, 1:16 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Bonny Boy View Post
I paid 200AED for an e-gate card at the end of July. Got it at Dubai T1, upstairs office, the one above the departure check-in hall.

Did you get a receipt!!!
oh really...that's weird!
I go the Dnata one on SZR a couple of times a week sometimes (for work) and yes, we always get a receipt, and the last few months it's always been 220...
Old Sep 27th 2010, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

oh really...that's weird!
I go the Dnata one on SZR a couple of times a week sometimes (for work) and yes, we always get a receipt, and the last few months it's always been 220...
I asked about the receipt because at first I though they may have been pocketing the 20 AED.

Seems they may have location specific pricing.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't DNATA a private company? Why would they charge a set-forever profit-free fee for anything?