Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Part time maid / cleaning co in Abu Dhabi

Part time maid / cleaning co in Abu Dhabi

Old Jul 14th 2010, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

as0056 will become famous soon enoughas0056 will become famous soon enough
Default Part time maid / cleaning co in Abu Dhabi

My wife and I are moving to Abu Dhabi in a couple of months. We don't want a live in maid but would like someone to come in for an hour a day, do the ironing and clean on alternate days etc.

We've got a dog and whilst we wouldn't be asking the cleaner to walk her, both my wife and I will be at work so we need someone who would be comfortable being with the dog, let her out into the garden etc when they come to the house.

Does anyone have any experience with a cleaner who'd fit the bill?

Thanks
Old Jul 14th 2010, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Part time maid / cleaning co in Abu Dhabi

well i hope that you know the rules re maids and sponsorship. to get a part time maid your only option is through an agency, and they are thin on the ground these days. they also cost about the same as full time one.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 5:02 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by as0056
My wife and I are moving to Abu Dhabi in a couple of months. We don't want a live in maid but would like someone to come in for an hour a day, do the ironing and clean on alternate days etc.

We've got a dog and whilst we wouldn't be asking the cleaner to walk her, both my wife and I will be at work so we need someone who would be comfortable being with the dog, let her out into the garden etc when they come to the house.

Thanks
try exiles cleaning services
Old Jul 15th 2010, 5:46 am
Account Closed

Tillybean is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by as0056

Thanks
I use Exiles and can give you a contact name and number if you are interested.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Most building/complex security guards know women that are always on the prowl for cleaning work if you didn't want to go down the agency/maid route. What part of town will you be living in? I have a couple of contacts - my own cleaner is on home leave now, but I can ask her when she returns.

It is techincally against the law, but it is common ptarctice for "FT" sponsored maids to be allowed to do additional PT work in exchange for a lower wage. As long as you are discrete about things, it can work - just make sure you have a photocopy of their residents visa so you know who their sponsor actually is.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weescot
Most building/complex security guards know women that are always on the prowl for cleaning work if you didn't want to go down the agency/maid route. What part of town will you be living in? I have a couple of contacts - my own cleaner is on home leave now, but I can ask her when she returns.

It is techincally against the law, but it is common ptarctice for "FT" sponsored maids to be allowed to do additional PT work in exchange for a lower wage. As long as you are discrete about things, it can work - just make sure you have a photocopy of their residents visa so you know who their sponsor actually is.
and be aware that if caught the sponsor, maid, you can all be fined (50k)/jail/deported. but thats fine as "eveyone is doing it".
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:02 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
and be aware that if caught the sponsor, maid, you can all be fined (50k)/jail/deported. but thats fine as "eveyone is doing it".
and how often is this enforced?
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by commander
more than you would believe. i have know 3 people to have been caught, and friends of mine 3 people, different people. it does happen, and quite often its because of something else and they check up on you. i am sure it happens more than we think, but i dont suppose people are going to broadcast about it when it does. usually in the case of expats they get fined only.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

I have only ever heard of one person getting the 50,000 but that was sheer bad luck, one of the top guys at immigration was living in the same area and was watching all the comings and goings of the maids. Just damn bad luck, I have not sponsored a maid for years, but have had part time ones and never had a problem
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly. Discretion is the key - and not to upset anyone that might snitch on you. Living in a tower block the "comings and goings" can be discrete.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:15 am
banned

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
I have only ever heard of one person getting the 50,000 but that was sheer bad luck, one of the top guys at immigration was living in the same area and was watching all the comings and goings of the maids. Just damn bad luck, I have not sponsored a maid for years, but have had part time ones and never had a problem
yea, we too have part time ones..never any hassle at all.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yes discretion is the key, whether you being in an apartment or compound, as there are many people in those that can be watching, in stand alone villas then of course less likely to notice. also they do sometimes check when

the "sponsor" was working in immigration and i think she was "sponsoring" many maids, and the paperwork was forged, so it was picked up in immigration and nobody spying on them that they got caught out. the sponsor was thrown in jail, the maid was thrown in jail, after court case she was deported, and the expat got a 10k fine, it was a few years ago. but the family's life was put on hold, as they had to surrender passport and going back and forth to court, all in all it took 6 months.....
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:30 am
banned

Originally Posted by busybee2
yes discretion is the key, whether you being in an apartment or compound, as there are many people in those that can be watching, in stand alone villas then of course less likely to notice. also they do sometimes check when

the "sponsor" was working in immigration and i think she was "sponsoring" many maids, and the paperwork was forged, so it was picked up in immigration and nobody spying on them that they got caught out. the sponsor was thrown in jail, the maid was thrown in jail, after court case she was deported, and the expat got a 10k fine, it was a few years ago. but the family's life was put on hold, as they had to surrender passport and going back and forth to court, all in all it took 6 months.....
i think i remember that. a once off thou and really shouldnt detract people from doing it. My mate got jailed here a couple of years ago cause the police didnt like the way he accellerated at a green light...it was a one off, and i wouldnt advise people here not to drive because of that..
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i think i remember that. a once off thou and really shouldnt detract people from doing it. My mate got jailed here a couple of years ago cause the police didnt like the way he accellerated at a green light...it was a one off, and i wouldnt advise people here not to drive because of that..
i was going to add that you are more likely to be "awarded" a fine on the road...... but forewarned is forearmed. i know of somebody that was jailed because the white car in front reversed into him, i know of somebody that had to flee the country because he was going to be charged with the death of his wife ......... but luckily these things dont happen too often. but they can and do happen.
Old Jul 15th 2010, 9:41 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

But if the bloke at the lights next to you winds down his window and says that he's an undercover cop and if you don't let him cut in front of you at the lights he'll nick you for something spurious, whaddya going to do? Or if the obnoxious old bag living next to you threatens that if you park in "her" parking space...

Dunno, maybe its just an age thing, and I've reached that age where the minor things don't matter any more, security for my family overrides everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.