Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Parking ticket - who from and where to find out about it?

Parking ticket - who from and where to find out about it?

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice
Default Parking ticket - who from and where to find out about it?

Received a ticket on the windscreen when parking in MoE the other day (made the mistake of a Friday mall visit at 6pm)… As a number of cars had done, we parked up on the island bits at the end of a row… The car in front of me did the same (arab couple in national dress) and I parked beside them. Returned to the car to find a ticket on the windscreen, surprisingly Mr & Mrs Arab who were still parked there did not have a ticket.

Now, fair enough, if parking on the islands at the end of a row is an offence, then yes I did it, so will. But come on, how come Mr & Mrs Arab seem to have been exempt from a ticket???? And all the other cars that were parked up there? That's another story though…

Anyhoo

The ticket is written entirely in Arabic (other than the how to pay instructions on the reverse - go to Bur Dubai or Diera traffic departments or Emirates Bank) and there is no logo. It does not state whether from Dubai Police, Municipality, RTA etc. MoE security said it was nothing to do with them.

I got an Arab national at work to look over it for me, and apparently it has the cars registration number, a description saying I was parked on a side walk, that I need to go to Al Barsha to pay, and nothing much more. Odd it mentions Al Barsha yet the instructions state Bur Dubai or Diera)

There are still no details coming through on the Dubai Police site against our car - any ideas where I can find out what the fine is (value, points if applicable etc)?

Cheers
Mike

Last edited by Robbies; Jun 2nd 2008 at 6:26 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parking ticket - who from and where to find out about it?

Don't think you've been scamemd or anything but I am certain that only Police and DM wardens can issue fines here.

MoE cannot. Presumably yours is from DM or Police and I wonder why they are patrolling MoE carparks....

Burjuman tried to fine me for parking there overnight. I refused to pay - they said they'd call police...I said go ahead.....police came...told burjuman management to let my car go as they can't fine people.

Think malls / businesses etc can only have cars towed away when parked illegally.....not fined.

That was a while ago tho.....

FYI I think your fine will be 150 or 200dhs. I think they call it 'dangerous parking'
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Don't think you've been scamemd or anything but I am certain that only Police and DM wardens can issue fines here.

MoE cannot. Presumably yours is from DM or Police and I wonder why they are patrolling MoE carparks....

Burjuman tried to fine me for parking there overnight. I refused to pay - they said they'd call police...I said go ahead.....police came...told burjuman management to let my car go as they can't fine people.

Think malls / businesses etc can only have cars towed away when parked illegally.....not fined.

That was a while ago tho.....

FYI I think your fine will be 150 or 200dhs. I think they call it 'dangerous parking'
the police do go around MOE putting tickets on cars. Complete nonsense as it is a private car park and they should be out on the roads pulling over people who drive like idiots.

MOE should put up bollards to stop people parking in those places. Its not the job of the police.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Burjuman is now paid parking. 20dhs per hour. but free if you spend over 100dhs in the mall.

think it started yesterday
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

then again people should be fined just for going to MoE.
The place is he.ll
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Another note of being fined by all and sundry......the building I live in is about 15% occupied but management have deemed it feasible to allocate parking (fair enough) and then fine people 500dhs if they don't park in their designated spot.

I had myself a nice wee park right by the door that I know has been allocated to a currently empty apartment...but now I have to park in the sh.itty far corner park at the bottom level.

They can't see that there is no harm in me parking in unused spots.

Anyway - regardless of all that........the point is.......500dhs!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

The place is he.ll
..a walk in the park compered to what Dubai Mall will be come September..
Just wait and see..
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Another note of being fined by all and sundry......the building I live in is about 15% occupied but management have deemed it feasible to allocate parking (fair enough) and then fine people 500dhs if they don't park in their designated spot.

I had myself a nice wee park right by the door that I know has been allocated to a currently empty apartment...but now I have to park in the sh.itty far corner park at the bottom level.

Anyway - regardless of all that........the point is.......500dhs!!!!!!!!!
More evidence that Dubai is bursting at the seems and that every bit of available accommodation is full..

Whereabouts are you Jeepers?

Last edited by admon; Jun 2nd 2008 at 7:06 am. Reason: spelling as usual
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by admon
..a walk in the park compered to what Dubai Mall will be come September..
Just wait and see..
No argument there.

Then again with ALL the public transport options on the doorstep no one will want to drive there eh......
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbies
But come on, how come Mr & Mrs Arab seem to have been exempt from a ticket????
Maybe they had come back before you, and threw away the ticket in disgust?
Maybe the cops got called away because of a 311- incident?

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a conspiracy...
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Jeeper;6424450]

QUOTE]

Actually there is, because you can't tell how long spots are unused for, or when new people move in, or if the spots have been bought up by people who've already put a deposit down, or if it's an incentive used to sell the remianing flats "you will get ze barkign near ze door"....

I would have baragined for that spot with the management.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by admon
More evidence that Dubai is bursting at the seems and that every bit of available accommodation is full..

Whereabouts are you Jeepers?
I don't think anyone will argue that you can always find accommodation in dubai these days.....just no one wants to pay the prices.

It's a weird market here....anywhere else if there was supply in excess of demand people would lower their rents....they'd have to to ensure their mortgage got covered. Not here though....although I did hear the only 25% of proprty in dubai is bought on finance...not sure if that's true.

Also - 1 of the residences buildings in burj dubai plot was bought by some indian dude....and he's just letting it sit there....it's completely empty and unused......apparently. (I haven't gone and checked).

Anyway - to answer the question - i'm in international city.......CBD towers......where rents go up by the day.......but no one seems to move in
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

[quote=seven seas;6424468]

QUOTE]

Actually there is, because you can't tell how long spots are unused for, or when new people move in, or if the spots have been bought up by people who've already put a deposit down, or if it's an incentive used to sell the remianing flats "you will get ze barkign near ze door"....

I would have baragined for that spot with the management.
Tried that but they've all been allocated and they CAN'T change it. (I guess their microsoft excel licence expired...)

Wasn't too bothered about all that tho...just the fine amount. You get fined less for 200kph on SZR don't you?...
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

I don't think anyone will argue that you can always find accommodation in dubai these days.....just no one wants to pay the prices.

It's a weird market here....anywhere else if there was supply in excess of demand people would lower their rents....they'd have to to ensure their mortgage got covered. Not here though....although I did hear the only 25% of proprty in dubai is bought on finance...not sure if that's true.

Also - 1 of the residences buildings in burj dubai plot was bought by some indian dude....and he's just letting it sit there....it's completely empty and unused......apparently. (I haven't gone and checked).

Anyway - to answer the question - i'm in international city.......CBD towers......where rents go up by the day.......but no one seems to move in
Yep I know a couple of people in the CBD, Trafalger, Dana and Supreme.

Just another example of Dubai madness.. you have to laugh..
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The place is he.ll
just don't go there on a Friday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.