Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Parking ticket in AD

Parking ticket in AD

Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Cabbage is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parking ticket in AD

After being here for 2 weeks we plucked up the courage to get a hire car yesterday. Driving wasn't quite as scary as I thought it might be (have driven back to apartment and then from near Le Meridien down to Al Raha beach to work and didn't even get beeped!), but within 24 hours we have our first parking ticket.

Parked the car near the hotel apartments in the same manner as people have been parking every night since we arrived, and this morning every car had a ticket on it.

Its all in arabic, and nobody I'm working with has had one so we have no idea what we need to do now.

Help! What do I have to do? How much will it be?
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Parking ticket in AD

Don't the rental car company insist on a deposit to cover fines like this? They will just deduct the amount when the deposit is returned... as the Municipality will have no idea who the driver was, so why sort it yourself.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

Cabbage is an unknown quantity at this point

It was sorted out through our company so I have no idea about that - I'll ask the boss over dinner tonight.

That would make it much much easier! Cheers!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 10:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

yep rental agency will pay on your behalf and then bill you. but you can check on website adpolice.gov all you need is your gold card (which is usually a photocopy for hire car) and put in traffic code etc and you will be able to check, but if a parking fine it will take about 3 days before it reaches the computer.....! the price will depend on where you parked, if in middle or on grey/yellow its around 150dhs more for a red or blue one though and word of advice dont assume that because everyone else does it its legal to park!