Reload this Page >

Parent visa for Riyadh job

Parent visa for Riyadh job

Old Nov 13th 2013, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parent visa for Riyadh job

Hi all,

I have landed a good job in Riyadh. I want to take my parents with me as they depend on me (violins out) and would feel horrible leaving them behind as they have done a hell of a lot for me.

Anyway, I wanted to ask what the deal was for parents visas. The company I have an offer with say the government makes it impossible to get parent visas - only available for spouse and kids. They would have to get 3 month VISIT visas to ... visit.

Is this true? Has anyone else gone through this?

I am in the UK right now.

thanks
Old Nov 13th 2013, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parent visa for Riyadh job

I think you should remain in the UK. Honestly.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Backinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant futureBackinthesand has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by saudiflares
I think you should remain in the UK. Honestly.

Could not agree more - and yes chance of getting a visa for your parents is next to zero, if they are dependent upon you then Saudi is definitely not the place for them.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Apart from the dependecy issue, why do you guys say i should stay in the uk
Old Nov 13th 2013, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Let me turn this around...what attracts you to Saudi Arabia?
Old Nov 13th 2013, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Let me turn this around...what attracts you to Saudi Arabia?
Cinemas, free speech, relaxed laws, equality, justice, nightlife ... the list goes on.

But in all seriousness; tax free money, hot weather, paid expenses, cheap fuel(!) and the opportunity to work in a senior position in a respected organisation in a key rol within a field that is booming in the ME right now. I'm quite a boring person so as long as I have the net, I'm somewhat happy ... although I hear KSA is what you make out of it.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

hmm, I don't know...I do not think Saudi is a good place for elderly people.
Health care may be a problem...and who would they socialize with? Even if you are on a nice compound, there won't be anybody in their age range.

Maybe if they are Muslim and speak Arabic, your father might meet somebody to socialize with at a mosque.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nudda
Cinemas, free speech, relaxed laws, equality, justice, nightlife ... the list goes on.

OK you're with me...

Saudi is a fascinating place...a *****ing hole but fascinating all the same.

I don't believe you have a cat in hell's chance of bringing 'the olds' over.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 3:09 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I don't believe you have a cat in hell's chance of bringing 'the olds' over.
You should get off of the fence because your ass will get full of splinters. Tell us what you really think!
Old Nov 14th 2013, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

You will not get visas for parents unless you have "Wasta" at a high level - like you are a bosom pal of an important member of the Saudi Royal Family.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scot47
You will not get visas for parents unless you have "Wasta" at a high level - like you are a bosom pal of an important member of the Saudi Royal Family.
Im small fish
Old Nov 14th 2013, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Visit visa might be possible. My father-in-law visited us in Jeddah.
Old Nov 15th 2013, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Visit visa might be possible. My father-in-law visited us in Jeddah.
was it easy to get? I believe max stay is 3 months. Can they get a vis every 3 months without issues?
Old Nov 15th 2013, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I do not think so. I worked for the Airline so we had the patronage of Prince Sultan whop was then Minister of Defence. Rule there was a month possibly extended to two. Certain nationalities were not eligible
Old Nov 16th 2013, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

I do not think so. I worked for the Airline so we had the patronage of Prince Sultan whop was then Minister of Defence. Rule there was a month possibly extended to two. Certain nationalities were not eligible
We're british. The company itself is owned by the royal family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.