Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Palm Island Doha RIP???

Palm Island Doha RIP???

Old Jul 16th 2006, 1:23 pm
a.k.a Mr Rascal

Rascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the roughRascalmate is a jewel in the rough
Default Palm Island Doha RIP???

On the last few occasions I've driven down Al Corniche I've glanced over at Palm Island shimmering in the bay ... and noticed JCB's, construction huts .... and large piles of rubble

I just wonder if anyone knows the state of play with this wonder?

I had been planning to take Rascal and the two Rugrats there some time. But it looks deserted and in truth another one of the many, many construction sites which currently litter the busy streets of Doha
Old Jul 16th 2006, 6:43 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Palm Island Doha RIP???

Originally Posted by Rascalmate
On the last few occasions I've driven down Al Corniche I've glanced over at Palm Island shimmering in the bay ... and noticed JCB's, construction huts .... and large piles of rubble

I just wonder if anyone knows the state of play with this wonder?

I had been planning to take Rascal and the two Rugrats there some time. But it looks deserted and in truth another one of the many, many construction sites which currently litter the busy streets of Doha
(chuckles) Welcome to Doha once again..

Yes Palm Island is closed for the time being. Dont know why if its for refurbishing or something else. Its a pity if its closed for good, was quiet a nice place. My son sailed from the Sheraton to there on his sailing graduation. Was fun
Old Jul 17th 2006, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

How far on are they with The Pearl?

That looks rather grand on the web? How is it in real life?
Old Jul 18th 2006, 7:13 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rascal
How far on are they with The Pearl?

That looks rather grand on the web? How is it in real life?
Phase one is supposed to be ready end 2007 which prob means 2 years after. Yes it does look grand eh....
Old Jul 18th 2006, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Malteser
Phase one is supposed to be ready end 2007 which prob means 2 years after. Yes it does look grand eh....
Oohhh yehhhhhh, very very grand. Do you think us poor people will get a look in?