British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Paintball? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/paintball-543857/)

cherrypie1 Jun 19th 2008 7:16 am

Paintball?

Hi everyone,

My son has decided that he wants to take some friends paintballing for his birthday. Firstly, does anyone know where they do this (in Abu Dhabi) and secondly is there a minimum age limit (he will be 13). Also, is there somewhere to do this indoors as his birthday is mid-August and I figure that it will be way too hot to be running around outside in flak-jackets and overalls (don't know what they wear actually). Does anyone else have any other ideas about what to do as I'm finding it quite difficult coming up with ideas for a group of 13 year old boys. :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Grace O Malley Jun 19th 2008 7:25 am

Re: Paintball?

Originally Posted by cherrypie1 (Post 6481453)
Hi everyone,

My son has decided that he wants to take some friends paintballing for his birthday. Firstly, does anyone know where they do this (in Abu Dhabi) and secondly is there a minimum age limit (he will be 13). Also, is there somewhere to do this indoors as his birthday is mid-August and I figure that it will be way too hot to be running around outside in flak-jackets and overalls (don't know what they wear actually). Does anyone else have any other ideas about what to do as I'm finding it quite difficult coming up with ideas for a group of 13 year old boys. :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Paintball can be done at the Officers club in AD. my son goes there all time, comes home covered in bruises!

You could do movies and fudruckers, whats he in to?

Happy Birthday to him in advance

Chris79 Jun 19th 2008 7:38 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 6481471)
Paintball can be done at the Officers club in AD. my son goes there all time, comes home covered in bruises!

You could do movies and fudruckers, whats he in to?

Happy Birthday to him in advance

That sounds quite cool even for us big kids! Last time I did it I got hit in the neck. Looked like a big love bite for weeks afterwards.

Grace O Malley Jun 19th 2008 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Chris79 (Post 6481498)
That sounds quite cool even for us big kids! Last time I did it I got hit in the neck. Looked like a big love bite for weeks afterwards.

My son goes quite a lot with a big group age ranging from 16-28!

Boys will be boys!

Chris79 Jun 19th 2008 7:57 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 6481504)
My son goes quite a lot with a big group age ranging from 16-28!

Boys will be boys!

:rofl:
I just about fit into that bracket.

cherrypie1 Jun 19th 2008 8:39 am

Thanks, I'm not really sure what he is into anymore. Back in the UK he was into his music - he plays drums - and warhammer and he loves sports but since moving here 4 months ago he hasn't really shown that much interest in anything. We are still living in a hotel at the moment which is difficult, we should have moved into our villa at the end of April :( and until that happens he can't even invite friends back (which he desperately wants to do). We have a beach club membership but even that gets boring if you go often enough. He is the eldest of 4 children and very often we spend most of our time sorting out the younger ones (ages 10, 3 and 1) and he has to go along with whatever. I really want to make his 13th birthday a bit special. I did think about taking them to Fudrockers (wouldn't try saying that after a few glasses of wine! :o), do you know if you have to book or could we just turn up? Think I will do the paintballing, cinema, food and hopefully, if we have moved, a sleepover!!!!!! Still, any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

xx

Grace O Malley Jun 19th 2008 9:16 am

Originally Posted by cherrypie1 (Post 6481621)
Thanks, I'm not really sure what he is into anymore. Back in the UK he was into his music - he plays drums - and warhammer and he loves sports but since moving here 4 months ago he hasn't really shown that much interest in anything. We are still living in a hotel at the moment which is difficult, we should have moved into our villa at the end of April :( and until that happens he can't even invite friends back (which he desperately wants to do). We have a beach club membership but even that gets boring if you go often enough. He is the eldest of 4 children and very often we spend most of our time sorting out the younger ones (ages 10, 3 and 1) and he has to go along with whatever. I really want to make his 13th birthday a bit special. I did think about taking them to Fudrockers (wouldn't try saying that after a few glasses of wine! :o), do you know if you have to book or could we just turn up? Think I will do the paintballing, cinema, food and hopefully, if we have moved, a sleepover!!!!!! Still, any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

xx

My gosh you must be busy with 4 little angels!

ha ha if you take them all to fudrukers you will need more than a couple of glasses of wine!

Yes 13 is a special one, my son had a sleepover for around 16 kids on his 13th, was a nightmare.

After 13 they kinda of organise their own things! Thank god

I think better to book the paint balling, you can eat there also.

There is always Wild Wadi but then you have to transport them all to Dubai

If I think of anything i will let you know

cherrypie1 Jun 19th 2008 10:13 am

A sleepover for 16!!!!!!! I won't let my son read this, it might give him ideas :eek:

I will ring and book the paintballing (hopefully he is old enough) and will get in plenty of alcohol for the evening that lies ahead. It is my own special birthday the following day (21st!;)), I wonder how it will be spent. Hopefully someone else will cook, clean, shop, look after the kids and I'll spend the day relaxing and sleeping off the effects of the previous day zzzzzzzz. Sorry I fell asleep then and had a wonderful dream .... :rofl:

Thanks for your help.