Overstay in UAE

Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

smudge811 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Overstay in UAE

Yes they are in the process...the delay now is because they are having issues with the visa of another staff member and they cant make individual payments therefore the rest of us have to wait whilst our overstay fines increase day by day (altho am happy to hear its only 10dhs/day)...however they have told me that the amount will be taken out of my salary or I give them cash...total bollocks really!!
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:18 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smudge811
Yes they are in the process...the delay now is because they are having issues with the visa of another staff member and they cant make individual payments therefore the rest of us have to wait whilst our overstay fines increase day by day (altho am happy to hear its only 10dhs/day)...however they have told me that the amount will be taken out of my salary or I give them cash...total bollocks really!!
tell them you are going to enquire at the labour court about whether that is legal or not ! that might shake them up. Or get a new job
Old Jul 7th 2009, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by banter64
Is she interested in Abu Dhabi ? if so drop me a PM
Yes she is, check your PM
Old Jul 7th 2009, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
tell them you are going to enquire at the labour court about whether that is legal or not ! that might shake them up. Or get a new job

haha...have already started looking
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

this is totally illegal, your situation is not unique to be honest as submissions to the labour and immigration are normally completed in batches.

They will have to pay it and not you.
Old Jul 7th 2009, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Euc-
Yes she is, check your PM

Thanks got it I know my out of office is on, am back on the 12th and can start everything then, am then flying out again on the 17th - 21st but will start all the wheels in motion
Old Jul 8th 2009, 6:11 am
Just Joined

this is totally illegal, your situation is not unique to be honest as submissions to the labour and immigration are normally completed in batches.

They will have to pay it and not you.
Is there a shortcut of where I can find written confirmation that the company is in fact responsible for paying?? I just know that if i speak to anyone, they will just give me different info and not only that, if i approach them with the company they will then change their advice again - its happened before...dubai dubai dubai...

This company, I swear are seriously full of muppets!!

Thanks guys!!!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 6:41 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a shortcut of where I can find written confirmation that the company is in fact responsible for paying?? I just know that if i speak to anyone, they will just give me different info and not only that, if i approach them with the company they will then change their advice again - its happened before...dubai dubai dubai...

This company, I swear are seriously full of muppets!!

Thanks guys!!!
have you checked the labour law PDF? there might be something in there.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 7:10 am
Just Joined

have you checked the labour law PDF? there might be something in there.
It was my bible when i got laid off in November and dont remember seeing it but will check again...im still trying to get my 3 months compensation back from the previous company too!!!

If you can - dont work with a local company!!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 7:14 am
Concierge

It was my bible when i got laid off in November and dont remember seeing it but will check again...im still trying to get my 3 months compensation back from the previous company too!!!

If you can - dont work with a local company!!
it's a minefield to say the least! good luck, stick at it. Threaten the old Company with the Labour Court, infact threaten both of them!
Old Jul 8th 2009, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

I appreciate that this is not the same situation but the article below clearly states that no employee has to pay any visa fees as this is illegal

http://www.gulfnews.com/uaessentials.../10166238.html

Hope that this helps
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:14 am
Just Joined

I appreciate that this is not the same situation but the article below clearly states that no employee has to pay any visa fees as this is illegal

http://www.gulfnews.com/uaessentials.../10166238.html

Hope that this helps
Thanks!! That was helpful

Also do you know if the 6 month ban is still valid as there were rumours going around that this had been lifted due to the recession period. Would this be applicable if one wants to leave the company during his/her probation period?
Old Jul 8th 2009, 9:19 am
Just Joined

it's a minefield to say the least! good luck, stick at it. Threaten the old Company with the Labour Court, infact threaten both of them!
haha wouldnt that be fun!! It is definitely in the pipeline, just not the right time now
Old Jul 8th 2009, 2:44 pm
Concierge

Also do you know if the 6 month ban is still valid as there were rumours going around that this had been lifted due to the recession period. Would this be applicable if one wants to leave the company during his/her probation period?
they can't ban you if they haven't sponsored you, think about it ....
Old Jul 8th 2009, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

If they have issued you with labout approval then yes they can ban you even if they have not placed a residence visa in your passport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.