Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Overland to EU via Iran...

Overland to EU via Iran...

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Overland to EU via Iran...

Originally Posted by W10
I was going to fly - Tehran, Shiraz, Esfahan.

I found one company which can guarantee visas quickly for around $250. It can take time I think.

A friend spent two months getting his visa (although he was going for work)
Yep - a friend of mine waited months for a visa & then gave up... I imagine using a middle man that knows the ropes is the way to go.

I think this was the site I looked at before. I think Borat's cousin designed the website, tho....

http://www.persiatours.com/transportation_ferry.htm
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all

Always wanted to drive London to Lahore in a 4x4. Seems too dangerous to do though.

Does anyone know how long it will take and how many miles to drive from Kuwait to Jeddah? Is the road good?
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 11:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maranelloman
Always wanted to drive London to Lahore in a 4x4. Seems too dangerous to do though.

Does anyone know how long it will take and how many miles to drive from Kuwait to Jeddah? Is the road good?
Brother, just driving in Lahore is dangerous enough... My cousin keeps a loaded .45 in his glove box.....

Kuwait to Jeddah - would that not involve going via Basra? Not sure that would be sensible???
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 12:05 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
Brother, just driving in Lahore is dangerous enough... My cousin keeps a loaded .45 in his glove box.....

Kuwait to Jeddah - would that not involve going via Basra? Not sure that would be sensible???
oh don't say that, JD is there now
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 12:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
oh don't say that, JD is there now
In Basra??? Great time to go, just when the Brit Army pulls out!!

Hope he's getting lots of danger-money.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 12:08 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

In Basra??? Great time to go, just when the Brit Army pulls out!!

Hope he's getting lots of danger-money.
Lahore!!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lahore!!
Ah..... His chances of survival just improved dramatically.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 12:53 pm
Concierge

Ah..... His chances of survival just improved dramatically.
thank god for that, I would so miss his chest
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all

Lahore is ok. City driving is a bit nutty. They say if you can drive there, you can drive anywhere. Great food there too.

Kuwait to saudi via Basra? u high on shisha mate? No its straight into saudi, down a bit, across a bit, wave at Riyadh, drive west, hit jeddah! tried to look on google but it didnt have the distances.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:05 pm
Concierge

Lahore is ok. City driving is a bit nutty. They say if you can drive there, you can drive anywhere. Great food there too.

Kuwait to saudi via Basra? u high on shisha mate? No its straight into saudi, down a bit, across a bit, wave at Riyadh, drive west, hit jeddah! tried to look on google but it didnt have the distances.
great food?? he lost a stone in weight the last time he went.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Humble apologies my cocktail-cherry amigo... I never did pay much attention in Mr Porter's Geography of Kuwait lessons....Figured that anything imposed by the Ministry of Education was a waste of time. You're quite right, I checked on a map!!!

No idea how long it would take. Nor what would possess one to do that road trip unless there was an Iraqi tank on your tail....

Punjabi food is great, tho.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

maybe I should go there for a few months then
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Ahh he didnt tell u he had the shits then!

No idea how long it would take. Nor what would possess one to do that road trip unless there was an Iraqi tank on your tail....
Well I found a car in Kuwait and a job in Jeddah. The thought of a roadtrip in a GT across a country where water is more expensive than the oil sounds appealing. Ive always been a sucker for road trips.
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Liyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant futureLiyamu has a brilliant future

... Lahore is one of the safest places in Pakistan.

Peshawar on the other hand...