Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Overground swimming pools

Overground swimming pools

Old Jul 23rd 2009, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

Birdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to all
Default Overground swimming pools

Does anyone know where in Abu Dhabi (preferably) or Dubai I can buy one of those overground swimming pools ?
Had a look in Carrefour on Airport Road last night but they didn't have the right size. Really need to buy one by tomorrow so if anyone knows where I can just go in, buy, take home and install I would be very grateful!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Overground swimming pools

Originally Posted by Birdeez
Does anyone know where in Abu Dhabi (preferably) or Dubai I can buy one of those overground swimming pools ?
Had a look in Carrefour on Airport Road last night but they didn't have the right size. Really need to buy one by tomorrow so if anyone knows where I can just go in, buy, take home and install I would be very grateful!
Ace Hardware usually have a good selection. No idea if they have branches in Abu Dhabi though..
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

Birdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to allBirdeez is a name known to all

Great, thanks!
I think there is an Ace, although never been there or seen it, down by the port.
Thanks
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

i would say that car4 is your best bet.... ace does have a shop next door to toyrus in mina but not sure they sell them there, they will sell the accessories now, but not sure about the actual pools, ace is nowhere as good as the one in dxb. hypermarket may sell them.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:28 am

ukecadet is an unknown quantity at this point

A quick question about public swimming pools in M/E.Do you have women only day's?and is it the norm?Reason I ask the local pool in Melbourne Oz has just had a 11 mil overhaul.Nice big windows .After it was all completed the local muslim Gal's have asked for the windows to have a one way tint so noone can see the pool and a women only day swim.Council objected but were overruled by a tribunal.
That's my rates going up to pay for it.
I'll have to make sure the wife gets down there and does a couple of laps,get my monies worth.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by busybee2
i would say that car4 is your best bet.... ace does have a shop next door to toyrus in mina but not sure they sell them there, they will sell the accessories now, but not sure about the actual pools, ace is nowhere as good as the one in dxb. hypermarket may sell them.
Thanks busybee2.
I suspect I may have to trek over to Dubai tonight as there will be a better selection at Ace etc. Is hypermarket the place in Khaladiya ? Someone else mentioned that...never heard of it before.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 9:33 am