British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Out of options (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/out-options-758487/)

Najam May 16th 2012 2:57 pm

Out of options

I am an electrical engineer with specialization in Telecommunication from Pakistan. I was working with a Chinese company back there which was dealing in telecommunication contracts starting from surveys to commissioning. I just had the privillage to work for two months because my family was settled here and wanted to join them as soon as possible. I know that was a real unprofessional thing i did leaving a job. But now i have no other options but to search job in UAE. The job which are posted in the net require 3-4 year experience. Can anyone guide me what should i do? I can start from the bottom. Salary is not an issue its the experience what i am eyeing for. Waiting for the replies. ....!!!! Fingers crossed :D

shiva May 16th 2012 4:10 pm

Re: Out of options

Originally Posted by Najam (Post 10064354)
I am an electrical engineer with specialization in Telecommunication from Pakistan. I was working with a Chinese company back there which was dealing in telecommunication contracts starting from surveys to commissioning. I just had the privillage to work for two months because my family was settled here and wanted to join them as soon as possible. I know that was a real unprofessional thing i did leaving a job. But now i have no other options but to search job in UAE. The job which are posted in the net require 3-4 year experience. Can anyone guide me what should i do? I can start from the bottom. Salary is not an issue its the experience what i am eyeing for. Waiting for the replies. ....!!!! Fingers crossed :D

No matter how many times you ask the same question the answer in your case is likely to remain the same. Sorry but....

flares May 16th 2012 4:14 pm

Everyone has to start somewhere. Good luck.

If you knock on enough doors...

Oyibopeppeh May 16th 2012 5:24 pm

Now be a good laddie and serve the chai

RedRoar75 May 16th 2012 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh (Post 10064702)

Is that meant to be funny?

Miss Anne Thrope May 16th 2012 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh (Post 10064702)

Seriously dude, YOU should be above this kind of casual racism.... A moment of weakness?

Oyibopeppeh May 16th 2012 6:57 pm

Yes, I was out of order and apologies to those who I have offended.

Miss Anne Thrope May 16th 2012 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by Najam (Post 10064354)

As you have recognised, it was probably a bit hasty to quit your previous job so soon. But you are where you are. Keep trying as many things as possible and something will eventually turn up. Register on job-sites, send your CV to recruitment agencies and directly to companies that you think may be relevant. Google all the companies in the UAE in your field and send them a well written cover letter and CV (be sure these are decent quality and properly proof-read and checked for errors in spelling and grammar). Best if you can get the name of an individual in the company to direct your mail to - the potential hiring manager would be much better then the HR manager/department, for example.

Be careful about settling for something which might pay a bit but lead you nowhere career-wise as forward progression seems to be (sensibly) your main motivation. Tenacity and resilience will be required: you will have to endure a lot of "no"s before you get what you want. Don't be discouraged, just keep going..

norsk May 16th 2012 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh (Post 10064891)
Yes, I was out of order and apologies to those who I have offended.

oopsie..got your fingers smacked with a ruler... :rofl:

goonerseba May 17th 2012 10:03 am

Originally Posted by norsk (Post 10064912)
oopsie..got your fingers smacked with a ruler... :rofl:

I had a science teacher whose speciality was to swipe a metal 12" ruler past the ends of your out-stretched fingers a few times before bringing it up at a fast rate of knots on your knuckles underneath.....:o

the greatest pain was knowing it was coming....but not exactly when...

he was good teacher as well...played hockey and was a member of the Waendell Walkers Club....htf do i remember that :confused: