Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Our #$@#$ Government and Taxes!!!!

Our #$@#$ Government and Taxes!!!!

Old Jan 16th 2005, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of
Default Our #$@#$ Government and Taxes!!!!

Was just told that the AUSTALIAN and SOUTH AFRICAN consulates assured its citizens here that they wont have to worry about expat taxation. Will our dear government (British) ever do the same?? Noooo, EXPAT TAX is upon us!!!!
I have already contacted another European country of which I am a citizen by descent to arrange for a passport. If the worst comes to worst, I will stop using my British passport!
This makes me so angry, they are going to take our money and the country is still going to the dogs!!
Old Jan 16th 2005, 11:06 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our #$@#$ Government and Taxes!!!!

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
Was just told that the AUSTALIAN and SOUTH AFRICAN consulates assured its citizens here that they wont have to worry about expat taxation. Will our dear government (British) ever do the same?? Noooo, EXPAT TAX is upon us!!!!
I have already contacted another European country of which I am a citizen by descent to arrange for a passport. If the worst comes to worst, I will stop using my British passport!
This makes me so angry, they are going to take our money and the country is still going to the dogs!!

Deja Vu....didn't I post about this a while back, and the Analexpatwomen.com site trashed it as myth????

I wanna know what I will be getting for the tax I pay!
Old Jan 16th 2005, 11:32 am
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

What do you think they will do if you dont pay?? send round the bailliffs?? :scared:

Theres always ways round these things I wouldn't go burning your british passeport yet
Old Jan 16th 2005, 11:34 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Sadly this may well become a reality.... i remember reading about this in a local paper when i was in Dubai... must have been a couple of months ago. It was sed then that the ëxpat - tax"was virtually innevitable. Shame really.

U r right in asking that JB.... wot will they offer in return for 40%+ taxes?
Old Jan 16th 2005, 11:34 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Oh do tell us further sassy, I haven't lit the match yet :scared:

Last edited by DubaiExpat; Jan 16th 2005 at 11:39 am.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 11:35 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sassy
What do you think they will do if you dont pay?? send round the bailliffs?? :scared:

Theres always ways round these things I wouldn't go burning your british passeport yet
they will find a way...... i am sure they ave already thought it thru.... will prolly setup some arrangement with the british embassy and the british consulate.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 11:40 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
they will find a way...... i am sure they ave already thought it thru.... will prolly setup some arrangement with the british embassy and the british consulate.
That is why im going to marry a third world girl and get another citizenship. Maybe Eritrea or Angola.....whats the tax like in Angola?????
Old Jan 16th 2005, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
That is why im going to marry a third world girl and get another citizenship. Maybe Eritrea or Angola.....whats the tax like in Angola?????
Even if there is any I am sure a fiver slipped into a few hands will get you out of it

Mind you if I was your tax collector and you wanted to get out of it I would demand nothing short of sex
Old Jan 16th 2005, 11:42 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
errrrrrrr......... dodgy place that...... even for a dodger like yerself. lol

does angola even have a stable government in place, let alone taxes? hahaha
Old Jan 16th 2005, 11:45 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Even if there is any I am sure a fiver slipped into a few hands will get you out of it

Mind you if I was your tax collector and you wanted to get out of it I would demand nothing short of sex
And i would happily pay 10 years in advance x
Old Jan 16th 2005, 12:00 pm
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Face81
Ask an American how it works over there its not as bad as it sounds its not like paying full tax at home, if the worst comes to the worst you just sell up any property at home or put it in someone elses name. Do you really think all the companies here would disclose everything they pay to the English Tax office. Come on people relax
Old Jan 16th 2005, 12:06 pm
The Oracle

Ask an American how it works over there its not as bad as it sounds its not like paying full tax at home, if the worst comes to the worst you just sell up any property at home or put it in someone elses name. Do you really think all the companies here would disclose everything they pay to the English Tax office. Come on people relax
true.... everyone is a bit jumpy at the mere thought..... maybe we shud wait and c wot they have in store b4 we jump the gun. good idea sassy.

deep breaths all...... thats it. calm down. lol......

though i musy say.... one look at JD's set of wheels and he will be paying full taxes. lol. get to the embassy in a sharjah registered cab wearing shabby clothes. that ought to work. lol

Last edited by Face81; Jan 16th 2005 at 12:34 pm.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

My hubby reckons they would never manage to enforce it & there's nowt to worry about yet. I know many expat Americans get round it by getting 2 payslips. Non-American companies seem quite happy to comply as it's no skin off their nose.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 12:30 pm
Long Member

lewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to alllewis748 is a name known to all
Talking Re: Our #$@#$ Government and Taxes!!!!

I,m With JD on this one.....marry one of the Gas cookers from the cyclone and have done with it.......she should make enough money on a weekend to cover the tax bill anyway...you also get to sleep with your tax right off...sorted.....
Old Jan 16th 2005, 12:32 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by lewis748
I,m With JD on this one.....marry one of the Gas cookers from the cyclone and have done with it.......she should make enough money on a weekend to cover the tax bill anyway...you also get to sleep with your tax right off...sorted.....
LOL.............funny as...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.