British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   OSN - Mozaic - ??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/osn-mozaic-833155/)

Venezuelan007 May 6th 2014 6:40 am

OSN - Mozaic - ???

Good morning all,

I just moved to my new accomodation (yei me), so I get a tv with a satellite decoder, and landlord tells me is "free to air tv"... I said, ok whatev.

Of course a lot of useless channels, found fox and foxmovies, 1 bein and thats pretty much it. But I have the feeling this is somekind of ooredoo basic package, how can I be sure?

If not, Im planning to get either mozaic or OSN, specially since workd cup is 1 month away and I doubt sports bars will open until 4am to watch the games.

Any advice on which one and what package to get?

Thx!

Crewegirl May 6th 2014 6:15 pm

Re: OSN - Mozaic - ???

It is free to view. Nothing to do with osn etc it's just like the digi box we would get in the UK with free channels.
You'll find MBC max etc on there too.
According to FIFA, BEIN have the exclusive rights to the World Cup for the MENA region so you need to contact BEIN. If you live on the Pearl you just go to your concierge and they will sort it for you.
Hope this helps

Venezuelan007 May 7th 2014 4:21 am

Little bit, but now since i can get BeIn in both of them... Its just a matter of who is better, either quality or cost wise

co durham boy May 7th 2014 4:34 am

Originally Posted by Venezuelan007 (Post 11249427)
Little bit, but now since i can get BeIn in both of them... Its just a matter of who is better, either quality or cost wise

You cannot get Bein on OSN , the sattelite might recognise the channel but it's a totally different platform .

If you want the football then go for the HD Mosaic package with the full sports and OSN packages . There's also an option of getting a seperate HD Humax receiver .

Nothings straightforward here , even watching the football is a pain in the arse ;)

Venezuelan007 May 7th 2014 4:39 am

Thanx a lot co durham boy

co durham boy May 7th 2014 4:46 am

Originally Posted by Venezuelan007 (Post 11249436)
Thanx a lot co durham boy

Make sure you have the fibre optic installed as you'll need the HD , it's rubbish without it , it's like watching the footy through two jam jars

Crewegirl May 7th 2014 5:02 am

But if you just want bein then you can just pay for that without having to sign up to osn or anything else.
We pay for full bein package but we don't have osn. We just contacted bein direct and pay them for the full package.
Easy to do.

Venezuelan007 May 7th 2014 2:55 pm

:thumbsup: Crewegirl might just hitted the jackpot there.