Reload this Page >

Opportunities In Jeddah

Opportunities In Jeddah

Old Sep 24th 2013, 10:35 am
Just Joined

Jasp32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Opportunities In Jeddah

Hello,

My husband is currently working In Jeddah. I am thinking of moving out there but do not want to stay at home all day. I have just returned from a 3 week stay where basically I sat round the pool all day waiting for him to come home. It was lovely to do this for 3 weeks but I could not do it permanently. I have contacted an agency in the UK with regard to employment opportunities but was informed that lots of UK agencies do not have licences to employ females in Saudi and I would need to go direct hire. I do have a teaching qualification but I am not a fully qualified Teacher. Can anyone shed any light on how easy it would be for me to gain employment or whether there are any opportunities for me to volunteer anywhere? The prospect of staying home all day alone is not very attractive. He is currently living on a basic compound without any facilities just a pool and gym. He is looking at moving but decent compounds have a waiting list. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!
Old Sep 24th 2013, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

dragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nice
Default Re: Opportunities In Jeddah

The visa/iquama is what you have to be concerned about - if he is sponsoring you on a family visa then the condition often is that you are not allowed to work - in which case you will need to find an employer that is willing to sponsor you.

Unless you are a teacher, doctor or nurse it can be difficult to get a job as not many expat females are employed in other sectors.

Have you thought perhaps of studying - I found that was a great way to fill in some time.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 1:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

teachers assistant at Western school - fill yer boots
Old Sep 25th 2013, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

If you are happy to do voluntary work there are possibilities.
JHISH (Jeddah Institute for Speech and Hearing) used to take on unpaid volunteers to work with hearing-impaired and deaf children.

Britsih Community Library in the Consulate is staffed by volunteers
Old Sep 25th 2013, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Jasp32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scot47 View Post
If you are happy to do voluntary work there are possibilities.
JHISH (Jeddah Institute for Speech and Hearing) used to take on unpaid volunteers to work with hearing-impaired and deaf children.

Britsih Community Library in the Consulate is staffed by volunteers
Hi

Thanks everyone for the replies, some useful information x