Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Opening a bank account in the UAE

Opening a bank account in the UAE

Old Aug 26th 2013, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all
Default Opening a bank account in the UAE

Can you do that on a visit visa? I was told you can do that but i have approached a few banks in Dubai and so far they've all said NO!
Old Aug 26th 2013, 8:58 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Opening a bank account in the UAE

http://www.justlanded.com/english/Du...ing-an-account
Old Aug 26th 2013, 9:33 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Yes. Emirates NBD do as do Citibank.

FACT.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

NBAD too.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 10:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by redShark
Can you do that on a visit visa? I was told you can do that but i have approached a few banks in Dubai and so far they've all said NO!
I did with HSBC.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Scamp
I did with HSBC.
So did I (2 1/2 years ago), but I think they also wanted a salary letter from my employer, and I also needed to send them, when I got it, a copy of my residents visa.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 10:53 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by archie159
So did I (2 1/2 years ago), but I think they also wanted a salary letter from my employer, and I also needed to send them, when I got it, a copy of my residents visa.
Yes, they needed letter from my employer and subsequently the visa, but I'm 99.9% certain I never sent the visa copy.

My mrs did as well, with just employer letter.
Old Aug 27th 2013, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
Yes, they needed letter from my employer and subsequently the visa, but I'm 99.9% certain I never sent the visa copy.

My mrs did as well, with just employer letter.
I asked a guy at HSBC and he said that i can open an account back in the UK and then from that account I can open an international account anywhere in the world where HSBC has offices
So HSBC will be the starting point for me in this case
Old Aug 27th 2013, 10:31 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I asked a guy at HSBC and he said that i can open an account back in the UK and then from that account I can open an international account anywhere in the world where HSBC has offices
So HSBC will be the starting point for me in this case
I would not be so sure. I was told that by barclays wealth when I first moved to Abu Dhabi and it turned out to be rubbish. Most known banks in the Middle East are only franchises and have 0 affiliation bar the name with banks in the west.

Why dont you just follow the advice that has been given on this thread?
Old Aug 27th 2013, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I would not be so sure. I was told that by barclays wealth when I first moved to Abu Dhabi and it turned out to be rubbish. Most known banks in the Middle East are only franchises and have 0 affiliation bar the name with banks in the west.

Probably a very obvious answer to that...
Old Aug 28th 2013, 6:34 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Surely he should pray for the answer?
Old Aug 28th 2013, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Meow
Surely he should pray for the answer?
I actually did, I never embark on anything before I first open a communication link with the divine requesting some inspiration, and in this particular case the help came through this forum, isn't that funny?
Back to topic, i did actually inquire at NBAD in City Centre and they told me it is possible but it takes 3 weeks; Hardly good news as I am leaving earlier
Old Aug 28th 2013, 2:26 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I actually did, I never embark on anything before I first open a communication link with the divine requesting some inspiration, and in this particular case the help came through this forum, isn't that funny?
Back to topic, i did actually inquire at NBAD in City Centre and they told me it is possible but it takes 3 weeks; Hardly good news as I am leaving earlier
You're claiming a link that doesn't exist; unless you think this forum is a gift from your god...