British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Online shopping delivered to Qatar? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/online-shopping-delivered-qatar-856005/)

IrishManc Apr 8th 2015 8:05 am

Online shopping delivered to Qatar?

hi,

I wan to purchase mainly clothes items from the UK but not sure how to get them delivered here.

I do not have a P.O box number and wondered if I can just get stuff delivered to a local DHL office for example and then collect?

Has anyone any experience with this?

Thanks

martinbkk Apr 8th 2015 9:11 am

Re: Online shopping delivered to Qatar?

I've heard good things about Aramex Shop and Ship, though I've never tried it. Maybe that would work. www.shopandship.com

TGFKASE Apr 8th 2015 9:14 am

I can second Shop and Ship, although dont know about availability in Qatar

Russ_Sarah Apr 8th 2015 11:02 am

We have used DHL from the UK and they delivered to our door here in qatar, you can get a po box form the post office for 160 qar for the year, I have had things posted to my po box also and they have all turned up no problems.

iuzar Apr 8th 2015 11:13 am

Shop and Ship is available in Qatar, offices close to Wholesale Market. Or, if you're willing to spend more, chose Aramex Express and they'll deliver it to your door. Used the standard service for more than 2 years now, usually ordering from amazon US

IrishManc Apr 8th 2015 11:42 am

Thank you for all your comments.

So if I get a P.O Box number, I can basically order online and use the delivery services from whoever I'm purchasing for? ie, if ordering from john lewis, just enter my P.O box address?

Apologies if questions seem daft, I've only been here three months and still getting to grips with things.

Also, where do I obtain a P.O Box number from?

norsk Apr 8th 2015 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by IrishManc (Post 11613442)
Thank you for all your comments.

So if I get a P.O Box number, I can basically order online and use the delivery services from whoever I'm purchasing for? ie, if ordering from john lewis, just enter my P.O box address?

Apologies if questions seem daft, I've only been here three months and still getting to grips with things.

Also, where do I obtain a P.O Box number from?

Why don't you just use your work PO Box? Besides the couriers don't need it only Royal Mail..

IrishManc Apr 8th 2015 2:32 pm

That's what I am asking, If it is couriered from the UK, what address do I put in? My actual villa number and compound or do I need to get a P.O Box number

norsk Apr 8th 2015 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by IrishManc (Post 11613595)
That's what I am asking, If it is couriered from the UK, what address do I put in? My actual villa number and compound or do I need to get a P.O Box number

Actual address. Much detail as you can be bothered to give. Anyway they all call (couriers that is) before attempting delivery. I don't think I have ever received a package on the actual address written by the sender. :lol:

The above probably does not apply to anything that arrives through the postal service. In Dubai for example you must provide a PO box for anything sent through royal mail so that empost can give you a little card to say you have a package please come collect it from the post office. Without PO box the package will be returned to sender..

Russ_Sarah Apr 9th 2015 7:31 am

just be mindful that a some shops wont post to Qatar from the uk, you may have to get it posted to an address in the uk and then get it posted in to your po box over here.

if you want a po box just go to the post office on the corniche, you need you Qatar id and fill out a form and pay the money.

Big_Show Apr 10th 2015 8:02 am

I've been using Aramex Shop & Shop for about six months now and they're really good, I would definitely recommend them.

Can get a bit busy with people collecting packages at certain times, but 12noon on a Friday it's completely empty and only takes 5mins.

Standanista Apr 11th 2015 12:17 pm

My stuff from Tesco's Online in Spalding ended up in Qatar so probably book with them. :)