Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

one way or return tickets?

one way or return tickets?

Old Feb 19th 2008, 4:45 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: one way or return tickets?

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
If you are coming in on a visit visa you do have to have a return ticket. The airline in London will probably pull you up on it!
I had this problem when I flew back in July. I was entering on a visit Visa but my return ticket was only for December way after the validity of the visit visa. I explained that I had a work visa under process and showed them my UAE driving license and previous cancelled residence permit. They the scrawled something on my ticket, without which I would not have been allowed to board the flight.
100% true, if you don't have a residency visa in your passport you need a return ticket. Get an open return and use it the next time you return home. Tickets are alot cheaper in the UK than they are here.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

angelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MataHari
errrrrrr....it does actually happen sometimes that there are no people online that can answer all these questions...it's not like you are being ignored on purpose or anything...and things that are important to you may not always be equally important to others...it's not like you can come on here and click your fingers and people will stand to attention and answer to all your needs within seconds.
chill - i didnt mean it to come across like that!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 2:19 pm
W10

Get a flexible return ticket.

If you go home reasaonbly regularly (once every three months or so) you'll find its much cheaper to book London - Dubai - London

Old Feb 19th 2008, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

In a few months' time, the price difference won't matter to you.

IF your job was worth relocating for in the first place.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

angelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to allangelynv is a name known to all

Originally Posted by seven seas
In a few months' time, the price difference won't matter to you.

IF your job was worth relocating for in the first place.
£2000 for business class tickets each is still alot of money to me! thats almost a months wages where i am now.. in dubai it will still be alot of money to me i think.. a one way for £500 is great. its worth relocating not because ill be able to afford 1st or business class flights, but because ill be able to save more and afford a better property when i return to the uk eventually. but i hope ur right and i can afford to fly business everytime!
Old Feb 19th 2008, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by W10
Get a flexible return ticket.

If you go home reasaonbly regularly (once every three months or so) you'll find its much cheaper to book London - Dubai - London
good idea thanks
Old Feb 19th 2008, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond reputeTootsie Frickensprinkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by angelynv
Hi moving to Dubai in April, work are providing employment visa, in terms of getting into the country - would i ask for a visit visa and work convert it to employment? also, with my hubbie who may not have a job at that point - he will need to get a visit visa, should we both get return flights or one way flights?
They will stop you boarding from anywhere outside the GCC without a return ticket, I do what W10 suggested. Usually Emirates, thro DbX to Doha. Gonna cost you 300ish (at quite short notice) for a changeable ticket and 50 or 75 to change the return date.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

oops

I meant the differnece between a return and two one-ways

not between business class and dog class.
Old Feb 19th 2008, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

I've been told that I'll be given what my employers call 'Cycle Leave'. Anyone else work this pattern?

Its 15 weeks at work, then 2.5 weeks off on hols ( back to UK ? ). I get given a lump sum which is IIRC, 5k SAR, to book my return flights. Anything left over is mine to keep and save. This happens on the second cycle leave and then by the third cycle leave I *should* have saved enough from leave 1 and leave 2 to pay for flights for Leave No 3.

Anyone any idea how much it is from KSA - UK - KSA return?
Old Feb 19th 2008, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by seven seas
oops

I meant the differnece between a return and two one-ways

not between business class and dog class.
ahhh i get ya