Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Is OMR12600 + benifits is good for a family of four?

Is OMR12600 + benifits is good for a family of four?

Old Jul 23rd 2008, 5:10 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is OMR12600 + benifits is good for a family of four?

hey LL!! how you doing!
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
hey LL!! how you doing!
Hi BC, am good, working hard, no time for play these days, in fact I think it has been about 6 months since I came on to say hello! Was out in Dubai actually in April for a quick family visit. Am hoping to come out in November again but we will see. OH off to Oman in the next few weeks - so while there he is going to check the place out - so we might end up there. We will see.

How are you? The kitten? All good I hope x
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:16 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Is OMR12600 + benifits is good for a family of four?

Originally Posted by Yoohoo
Just as a bit of background, I actually live in Muscat and have done for the past 2.5 years.

OMR 12600 is just under $33K US. If you're making just a tad over OMR 1000 per month you should rethink this job. Schooling is expensive - on your salary you would definitely need full schooling costs paid for you.

Then there's housing. It's not very much and won't get you anything particularly nice. Having said that, I know many people who get around what you've been offered for housing and they're still in Muscat.

If you were being paid $9K/month in the US I'd probably stay there if I were you.

HTH.
I think 30% are the taxes in US so OMR12600 is not $33K US.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:22 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kamel
Sorry, but I am missing a detail here: you use to make around $9k per month and you were offered a job for around $33k per year?

Yep $33k in Oman (Permenant) whereas $9K in US