Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

OMG - U gotta c this!!!!!

OMG - U gotta c this!!!!!

Old Jan 29th 2005, 6:12 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: OMG - U gotta c this!!!!!

Originally Posted by Crying Freeman
I wonder how big an antenna needs to get until they say they're not counting it??

U do realize that when this is all built it'll look more blade runner esque than metropolis!
lol.......... think there is a 75m limit before it isnt counted.

The Al Burj building at the centre of development is estimated to have over 200 floors!!!!!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Jan 30th 2005, 12:02 am
Dazed and Confused

Crying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant futureCrying Freeman has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Face81
lol.......... think there is a 75m limit before it isnt counted.

The Al Burj building at the centre of development is estimated to have over 200 floors!!!!!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:
Hope they have airsick bags in the lifts!
Old Jan 30th 2005, 2:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

here is a pic of Al Burj, which will apparently compete with the Burj Dubai to become the Worlds Tallest Building!!!!!

It was great to get that info before today's Gulf News edition. Just note that the Al Burj is meant to be the tallest STRUCTURE and not BUILDING.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 3:07 am
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jellybean
That's amazing Face......and I have more

PLUS they have been given the go ahead to build a double decker on top of SZR....it will run for 35km (approx) and will connect with new bridge crossing the creek.

Apparently will be built 7m above the existing road!!!!

So no traffic problems LOL

You heard it here first
Hi JB

Wow a double decker highway over SZR now that's scarey! :scared:

What are they gonna come up with next?????

This underwater hotel now that is going to be something to experience gonna take my wet suit and fins tho??

Morning All !
Old Jan 30th 2005, 3:10 am
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
It was great to get that info before today's Gulf News edition. Just note that the Al Burj is meant to be the tallest STRUCTURE and not BUILDING.
Hi Face,

Has there ever been a quake in the UAE??? Gulp!! I think i'd be royally sick if i went in the lift in the Al Burj.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 3:13 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to c that someones been reading the papers. The Oracle has taught u well. The force is strong in u. lololololol.

Aww you spoil all my fun I can't compete with the Oracle

FYI I don't read papers, my information is from a much better source
Old Jan 30th 2005, 3:15 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
Hi JB

Wow a double decker highway over SZR now that's scarey! :scared:

What are they gonna come up with next?????

This underwater hotel now that is going to be something to experience gonna take my wet suit and fins tho??

Morning All !

Morning RT, yeah the roads get bigger, faster and more scary :scared:
Old Jan 30th 2005, 9:49 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
Hi Face,

Has there ever been a quake in the UAE??? Gulp!! I think i'd be royally sick if i went in the lift in the Al Burj.
yep......... just do a search for Earthquakes and U.A.E at google.co.uk and u will get all the news u need.

The east coast is often jolted by tremors.......... tis nothing unusual. Where do u think all those mountains came from? Scary thought, eh? :scared:
Old Jan 30th 2005, 9:49 am
The Oracle

Glad to c that someones been reading the papers. The Oracle has taught u well. The force is strong in u. lololololol.

Aww you spoil all my fun I can't compete with the Oracle

FYI I don't read papers, my information is from a much better source
The Oracle knows all! lol

So wots that source then Miss JB?
Old Jan 30th 2005, 11:14 am
Banned

The Oracle knows all! lol

So wots that source then Miss JB?

Mrs. JB to you LOL

Through my hubby, don't wanna say anymore I will pm you.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 11:20 am
The Oracle

Mrs. JB to you LOL

Through my hubby, don't wanna say anymore I will pm you.
ok Mrs. JB....... that sounds very interesting.
Old Jan 30th 2005, 10:15 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Crying Freeman
Hope they have airsick bags in the lifts!
This thing is big! Its even made it to the BBC website!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4219017.stm

UAE unveils mega-waterfront plan

The development will transform Dubai's coastline
The tiny Gulf emirate of Dubai has unveiled plans for the largest waterfront development in the world.

The vast project will reshape the emirate by adding 850km (500 miles) of new coastline dotted with luxury homes and hotels. The development will house one of the world's tallest skyscrapers and encompass an area nearly three times the size of Washington DC.

The first phase is expected to be finished in about five years' time. The Dubai Waterfront will be split between land and sea and include a new city centre. It will include a 75km desert canal and an arc of manmade islands sweeping deep into the Gulf.

Dubai's landmark Emirates Towers

The construction will cover 440 square kilometres and accommodate 400,000 people. "This is Dubai's biggest project yet and the world's largest waterfront development," said Dubai Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.

Foreign firms have been allowed to invest in the project, a first for the UAE after restrictions on outside partnerships were eased. Nakheel, the state-run firm behind the development, has not disclosed the cost of project, but local experts say it will run into tens of billions of dollars.

The emirate has already started extending its 60km coastline with a manmade archipelago hosting luxury homes and hotels. The unfinished islands are said to be visible from space.