British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   OMG - U gotta c this!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/omg-u-gotta-c-280742/)

Face81 Jan 29th 2005 10:25 am

OMG - U gotta c this!!!!!

Another awe inspiring project for Dubai. This new development around Palm Jebel Ali has left me speechless!

It is going to be the largest beach front development in the World, which makes it the Worlds largest construction project!!!! OMG!

The website:
http://www.thedubaiwaterfront.com/

Check out the web page and the video that goes with the project........ it will leave u gob smacked. Trust me!

note the way that the canal extends back in to the desert..... its stunning!

The Video:
http://www.dubaiwaterfront.ae/video/video_web.wmv

The video really gives u a glimpse into wot Dubai is like and wot it will be like. The cosat line and major commercial areas are well highlighted and u cudnt ask for a better glimpse of Dubai.

Here is the press release:

2005.1.29, Dubai, UAE - Under the direction of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Minister of Defence, Nakheel debuted its investor launch of the unparalleled Dubai Waterfront, an 81 million square metre beachfront mixed use destination which encompasses over 250 best of breed master planned communities and offerings.

Destined to become an international landmark, Dubai Waterfront is the world's largest waterfront offering, and is located 35 km south west of Dubai, bordering Abu Dhabi, on the last remaining coastal waterfront of the Emirate. Considered the New Gateway of Dubai, Dubai Waterfront has been carefully crafted and developed by an international consortium of the world's best architects, planners and urban developers assembled by Nakheel in 2004, whose goal was to create a destination never before seen in Dubai, or the world.

Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Minister of Defence said, "Dubai Waterfront centres around water, something we consider perpetually valuable and precious. It is an unprecedented advancement and a world-class addition to Dubai, one which will create long term growth and investment for the UAE and the wider region. We're inviting developers to benefit by being partners with Nakheel."

Dubai Waterfront forms the first phase of a larger effort, the Arabian Canal,a 75 km development envisioned by H.H. Sheikh Mohammed. The first phase of Dubai Waterfront will focus on Madinat Al Arab, a thriving urban downtown metropolis, including Al Burj, one of the world's tallest buildings.

Nakheel has created Dubai Waterfront Company, and will be the majority owner, offering 49% to select investors. Executive Chairman of Nakheel, Sultan Bin Sulayem said, "With Dubai Waterfront, Nakheel has raised the bar to a never before seen level. We are proud to help realise Sheikh Mohammed's vision for the Arabian Canal, with this first phase, Dubai Waterfront. It is destined to become a landmark for Dubai, one which will attract tourists, residents, and businesses, and create a destination like nowhere else."

http://www.tp.spt.fi/~jukarkil/uae/waterfront1.jpg

http://www.tp.spt.fi/~jukarkil/uae/waterfront2.jpg

http://www.tp.spt.fi/~jukarkil/uae/waterfront4.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Bob - The link to the video should be in the lifestyle FAQ thread under a heading like "A Glimpse of Dubai" or something like that. It really shows u wot Dubai is all about.

Border Reiver Jan 29th 2005 12:11 pm

Re: OMG - U gotta c this!!!!!

Speechless! :eek: :eek: :eek: If it was anywhere but Dubai I'd say it was impossible.

MCA27 Jan 29th 2005 12:23 pm

face - its funny you should post that. only this am i received an email from the GIS centre with an updated dubai projects map. i saw the jebal ali beach development highlighted and just thought, new beach front etc......how wrong i was !!

Face81 Jan 29th 2005 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
Speechless! :eek: :eek: :eek: If it was anywhere but Dubai I'd say it was impossible.

fantastic, isnt it? lol

Face81 Jan 29th 2005 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by MCA27
face - its funny you should post that. only this am i received an email from the GIS centre with an updated dubai projects map. i saw the jebal ali beach development highlighted and just thought, new beach front etc......how wrong i was !!

lololol.......... this new project really makes the others seem like crap.... this one is really HUGE and it is projected to house uptp three quarters of a million people! So its not a petite project......... Its massive!:scared:

Did u check out the video?

karenb2 Jan 29th 2005 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by Face81
fantastic, isnt it? lol

Thanks Face for the info. Watched the video. Quite spectacular!! Bit OTT though.

One big problem ........... Dubai is already too busy and the roads overcrowded. How on earth will SZR cope with even more traffic from this project.

Hopefully, I will have left Dubai before this happens because I don't fancy being sat on a car park everytime I venture out. :(

MCA27 Jan 29th 2005 1:34 pm

lololol.......... this new project really makes the others seem like crap.... this one is really HUGE and it is projected to house uptp three quarters of a million people! So its not a petite project......... Its massive!:scared:

Did u check out the video?

yeah saw the video. i think the statement "the ultimate residential address" is somewhat overused now ;)

one things for sure - it'll probably be finished when you return to dxb :D

Jellybean Jan 29th 2005 1:52 pm

Another awe inspiring project for Dubai. This new development around Palm Jebel Ali has left me speechless!

It is going to be the largest beach front development in the World, which makes it the Worlds largest construction project!!!! OMG!

The website:
http://www.thedubaiwaterfront.com/

Check out the web page and the video that goes with the project........ it will leave u gob smacked. Trust me!

note the way that the canal extends back in to the desert..... its stunning!

The Video:
http://www.dubaiwaterfront.ae/video/video_web.wmv

The video really gives u a glimpse into wot Dubai is like and wot it will be like. The cosat line and major commercial areas are well highlighted and u cudnt ask for a better glimpse of Dubai.

Here is the press release:

2005.1.29, Dubai, UAE - Under the direction of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Minister of Defence, Nakheel debuted its investor launch of the unparalleled Dubai Waterfront, an 81 million square metre beachfront mixed use destination which encompasses over 250 best of breed master planned communities and offerings.

Destined to become an international landmark, Dubai Waterfront is the world's largest waterfront offering, and is located 35 km south west of Dubai, bordering Abu Dhabi, on the last remaining coastal waterfront of the Emirate. Considered the New Gateway of Dubai, Dubai Waterfront has been carefully crafted and developed by an international consortium of the world's best architects, planners and urban developers assembled by Nakheel in 2004, whose goal was to create a destination never before seen in Dubai, or the world.

Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Minister of Defence said, "Dubai Waterfront centres around water, something we consider perpetually valuable and precious. It is an unprecedented advancement and a world-class addition to Dubai, one which will create long term growth and investment for the UAE and the wider region. We're inviting developers to benefit by being partners with Nakheel."

Dubai Waterfront forms the first phase of a larger effort, the Arabian Canal,a 75 km development envisioned by H.H. Sheikh Mohammed. The first phase of Dubai Waterfront will focus on Madinat Al Arab, a thriving urban downtown metropolis, including Al Burj, one of the world's tallest buildings.

Nakheel has created Dubai Waterfront Company, and will be the majority owner, offering 49% to select investors. Executive Chairman of Nakheel, Sultan Bin Sulayem said, "With Dubai Waterfront, Nakheel has raised the bar to a never before seen level. We are proud to help realise Sheikh Mohammed's vision for the Arabian Canal, with this first phase, Dubai Waterfront. It is destined to become a landmark for Dubai, one which will attract tourists, residents, and businesses, and create a destination like nowhere else."

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Bob - The link to the video should be in the lifestyle FAQ thread under a heading like "A Glimpse of Dubai" or something like that. It really shows u wot Dubai is all about.

That's amazing Face......and I have more :D

PLUS they have been given the go ahead to build a double decker on top of SZR....it will run for 35km (approx) and will connect with new bridge crossing the creek.

Apparently will be built 7m above the existing road!!!!

So no traffic problems LOL

You heard it here first :p

Face81 Jan 29th 2005 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by karenb2
Thanks Face for the info. Watched the video. Quite spectacular!! Bit OTT though.

One big problem ........... Dubai is already too busy and the roads overcrowded. How on earth will SZR cope with even more traffic from this project.

Hopefully, I will have left Dubai before this happens because I don't fancy being sat on a car park everytime I venture out. :(

Bring on the trains! that will help, I hope. :scared: :scared: :scared:

Either that, or if u r a resident of Dubai Waterfront, u wont ever leave! lol

Face81 Jan 29th 2005 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by MCA27
yeah saw the video. i think the statement "the ultimate residential address" is somewhat overused now ;)

one things for sure - it'll probably be finished when you return to dxb :D

lolol....... Dubai is now full of exclusive resedential addresses. lol

Work starts this year and it will be completed in just 5 years! :eek: :beer:

Face81 Jan 29th 2005 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jellybean
That's amazing Face......and I have more :D

PLUS they have been given the go ahead to build a double decker on top of SZR....it will run for 35km (approx) and will connect with new bridge crossing the creek.

Apparently will be built 7m above the existing road!!!!

So no traffic problems LOL

You heard it here first :p

As much as I would like to say that I heard that here 1st, wot sort of an Oracle wud I b if I didnt already know that? :rolleyes: :D

Glad to c that someones been reading the papers. The Oracle has taught u well. The force is strong in u. lololololol.

In any case, well reported!http://www.skyscrapercity.com/images.../xyxthumbs.gif

DanMarsden Jan 29th 2005 3:42 pm

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ #@$@$@%@# :eek: :eek: :scared: :scared:

To be honest though, as much as I love city life, I like a bit of a mix of both. So I would prefer some place like Lebanon, which has really nice waterfront, nice architecture downtown, but also very unique oldish Arab-French style. :beer:

Face81 Jan 29th 2005 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by DanMarsden
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ #@$@$@%@# :scared: :scared:

To be honest though, as much as I love city life, I like a bit of a mix of both. So I would prefer some place like Lebanon, which has really nice waterfront, nice architecture downtown, but also very unique oldish Arab-French style. :beer:

here is a pic of Al Burj, which will apparently compete with the Burj Dubai to become the Worlds Tallest Building!!!!!:eek: :eek:

http://www.thedubaiwaterfront.com/gfx/al_burj.jpg

Crying Freeman Jan 29th 2005 5:32 pm

I wonder how big an antenna needs to get until they say they're not counting it??

U do realize that when this is all built it'll look more blade runner esque than metropolis!

DanMarsden Jan 29th 2005 5:38 pm

lol Blade Runner is awesome. :beer: :beer: :beer: