Omanisation Blues

Old Jul 16th 2014, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice
Default Omanisation Blues

I got approved for Oman, but my papers were returned back to my company by the labour authority because our Co. hasn't employed enough Omanis...I am not sure if I would be able to go in the end...
Old Jul 17th 2014, 2:09 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Omanisation Blues

Might take another 6 months or never.... Sorry.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Same boat but here in Oman on a tourist visa.
Old Jul 25th 2014, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

Its okay now visa approved....now they say our company is arranging accommodation...waiting again.
Old Jul 26th 2014, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

jinoman is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats, good to know... we are expecting to be there by the 18th Aug.

I was told my labour clearance is in hand and the family has got a 3 months visa which will be changed to a proper residence permit after their arrival, that would require them to make a weekend trip to dubai to complete the process.
Old Jul 26th 2014, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

My family must return to their country of origin (Thailand) to attest our marriage certificate and the birth certificates of our boy. Then they will return to Muscat on my sponsorship once I get sorted out....
Old Aug 14th 2014, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

going on 16th to muscat...
Old Aug 19th 2014, 9:08 pm
"The Seeker"

Leannmean is an unknown quantity at this point

Just another form of natioalism and discrimination based on passport that you hold , can you imagine how badly you will be treated if you weren't a UK national ?
Old Aug 20th 2014, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

I call this positive racism...or, racism that benefits me.
Old Aug 20th 2014, 11:04 am
"The Seeker"

How could racism be a positive thing ?
Old Aug 20th 2014, 11:28 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

interesting couple of first two posts Leannmean.
Old Aug 20th 2014, 11:35 am
"The Seeker"

Sorry guys , its not like I want to start a debate , the title of the thread was really interesting , I heard horrifying stories about people who were abused to ridiculous lengths just because they were born in the wrong country . Indians working their butts off for a really measly salary , no minimum wage , no standards of housing provided by sponsors . Every new business has to have a certain number of Omani nationals who in most cases dont want to even show up at work , they just collect their salaries monthly and God forbid their pay is late for a couple of hours ! Then you will face dire consequences from the ministry . " Modern Day slavery " is what that is
Old Aug 20th 2014, 3:54 pm
womble

All true.

And?
Old Aug 20th 2014, 3:59 pm
"The Seeker"

Just a point that I wanted to make .
Old Aug 21st 2014, 3:21 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leannmean
Just a point that I wanted to make .
I guess you are new to the ME. In other news if you stand in the rain you get wet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.