Oman visa query

Old Aug 13th 2012, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

WiltshireBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oman visa query

Hi. I will be living and working in Oman from September, but my company will not sponsor a visa for my female partner (we are not married). How do I get her in? She is an official tour guide in Myanmar and perhaps could get a job with a tour operator - or in a hotel.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks...
Old Aug 13th 2012, 9:27 pm
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oman visa query

Guess that your partner will have to get a tourist visa to enter Oman. Depending upon her nationality it may be issued on arrival in the country. Check out the ROP website:

http://www.rop.gov.om/english/dg_pas...sa_tourist.asp

http://www.rop.gov.om/english/dg_pas...untrylist1.asp

If she does come in on a tourist visa she'd have to leave every 30 days and re-enter - commonly known in these parts as a 'visa run'.

Doubt she'd get a job in tourism - most are filled by Omanis. Suppose you could try hotels - in Muscat Grand Hyatt, InterCon, Crowne Plaza, Al Bustan, Shangri-la, Chedi probably the better known but there are many more.

Alternatively, you could get married - then you could probably sponsor her yourself. Once you'd jumped through all the hoops getting everything certified and attested, of course.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond reputeSandboy has a reputation beyond repute

we've had bother getting female employees into Oman on visit visas

one was a stunner and they assumed the poor lass was on the game (moroccan)
Old Aug 15th 2012, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Our married sales reps have to go to Oman with their husbands. They are all arabs but i know its the same for pinoys as well.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 2:16 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WiltshireBoy
Hi. I will be living and working in Oman from September, but my company will not sponsor a visa for my female partner (we are not married). How do I get her in? She is an official tour guide in Myanmar and perhaps could get a job with a tour operator - or in a hotel.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks...
oh for heavens sake, just marry her. get a prenup if you're worried.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

Yes marry her...