Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Oman Start's Her Own Massive Developments

Oman Start's Her Own Massive Developments

Old Feb 25th 2004, 5:45 am
Balushi

Thumbs up Oman Start's Her Own Massive Developments

Oman unveils ambitious $8o5m tourism and residential resort

Oman yesterday announced an $805 million tourism and residential resort which will be open to investors from the GCC and beyond.

The government is expected to pave the way for investors from outside the GCC by issuing a decree next month giving them the right to buy freehold property within "The Wave" development, said Tourism Undersecretary Mohsin bin Khamis Al Balushi yesterday.

"We have a clear vision for The Wave which will be a fully integrated premium tourism and residential resort in Oman," said Al Balushi.

Taken from Gulfnews.

http://www.gulfnews.com/Articles/new...ticleID=112019

Last edited by Balushi; Feb 25th 2004 at 5:47 am.

Old Feb 26th 2004, 4:47 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately Mohsin never was the sharpest tool in the box, even before he became minister.
This is a stupid idea and will go the same way as so many of the previous dimwit plans to do something along the coast of oman. Look at the Palm island projectin Dubai. Already it is turning into a swamp with 60-70% of the sand washing away almost immediately. Oman has such a beautful, natural coast line, why **** it up? If they only develop the beach front past the airport, up to Barka, or numerous other places. Shame, that's all I can say. I remember when Qurm was a Dairy Queen only a small highway ran between MQ and the beach (apart from the Intercon which had nothing around). Wave? WTF?!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 5:24 am
Balushi

Originally posted by Desert Dweller
Unfortunately Mohsin never was the sharpest tool in the box, even before he became minister.
This is a stupid idea and will go the same way as so many of the previous dimwit plans to do something along the coast of oman. Look at the Palm island projectin Dubai. Already it is turning into a swamp with 60-70% of the sand washing away almost immediately. Oman has such a beautful, natural coast line, why **** it up? If they only develop the beach front past the airport, up to Barka, or numerous other places. Shame, that's all I can say. I remember when Qurm was a Dairy Queen only a small highway ran between MQ and the beach (apart from the Intercon which had nothing around). Wave? WTF?!

Mohsin is one of the most Intelligent Minister that there is In the G.C.C. and the prove is the neat and tidy tourist spots around the sultanate! - And the Tourism is now the 1/3 of the Sultanates revenues!

DD, i think you need to give him a chance. i am sure his plan will works.