Oman border fee?

Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:04 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oman border fee?

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
My husband's office in Garhoud with a Head Office in AD, it isn't an option for us anymore.
You'd be bored to tears if you lived in RAK!
Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:20 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
You'd be bored to tears if you lived in RAK!
I wouldn't I would love it, got a few friends up there would enjoy the peace and quiet roads
Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

Depends what she's in to really. Shopaholic? Stay in Dubai! Shiny tower fan? Stay in Dubai! Like scenery, driving in the mountains, Wadi driving, nice beaches, laid back life? Come to RAK!
Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:25 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I wouldn't I would love it, got a few friends up there would enjoy the peace and quiet roads
You get bored in Dubai and there's heaps more to do here.

I just can't see you living a quiet 'zen' life in RAK...

xx
Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:30 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

You get bored in Dubai and there's heaps more to do here.

I just can't see you living a quiet 'zen' life in RAK...

xx
I get bored here because I have no money to do anything here, RAK would suit me nicely, one day
Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

RAK does offer nice surroundings for free but for sure its not to everyones taste. I'm not flash so don't mind not having a 6 bedroom villa for a family of 2 in Jumeirah or not driving a Porsche Cayenne 1km to work. I like it here because I can save a lot of my salary and have a great life style too. We go up the coast on a friends boat, drop anchor in once of the many secluded bays and have a beach to ourselves all day.

I love it here but its not for the fast paced, attention seeking Dubai crowd. We still eat in nice restaurants etc but we do it as a treat, not to keep face. Some people really change when they come here but I'm still the unassuming boy from Wales who loves his life and lives it to the full.
Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:41 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Bigtaff
RAK does offer nice surroundings for free but for sure its not to everyones taste. I'm not flash so don't mind not having a 6 bedroom villa for a family of 2 in Jumeirah or not driving a Porsche Cayenne 1km to work. I like it here because I can save a lot of my salary and have a great life style too. We go up the coast on a friends boat, drop anchor in once of the many secluded bays and have a beach to ourselves all day.

I love it here but its not for the fast paced, attention seeking Dubai crowd. We still eat in nice restaurants etc but we do it as a treat, not to keep face. Some people really change when they come here but I'm still the unassuming boy from Wales who loves his life and lives it to the full.
That's a rather sweeping statement. Not everyone in Dubai fits that tired stereotype

*mutters about sheep-shaggers*
Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:44 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Bigtaff

I like the idea of a slower paced life, Dubai can get you down at times, the traffic and idiots on the road does my head in, not that RAK is free of them it's just on a smaller scale.

Best sell me porsche and pack up the Mansion
Old Apr 27th 2011, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's a rather sweeping statement. Not everyone in Dubai fits that tired stereotype

*mutters about sheep-shaggers*
No, you're quite right! But I did say crowd and not the whole expat population that are in Dubai. I was once a Dubai dweller so would have been tarring myself, had that been the case. And I still see them regularly in the malls with their designer this, that and the other. Not everyone is like that, I agree BUT it is well known that lots of people are.

I actually do like a good sheep though! That stereotype can stay right where it is
Old Apr 29th 2011, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

OK, to leave the UAE it was 35AED per person (for residents and tourists)
To enter Oman it was 50AED for residents and 200AED per person on tourist visa.

Will repost when I leave Oman on charges to return.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

I can now confirm that land crossing charge has been dropped from Oman ---> UAE where it used to cost 2 Omani Riyal. I just got back from a weekend there