Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Old Video of Dubai back in 1999 and 2000

Old Video of Dubai back in 1999 and 2000

Old Apr 10th 2018, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Old Video of Dubai back in 1999 and 2000

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Music Room closed. I think.
It has. It's only a 5 mins walk from me, can't remember what it's called now.

I was in LSB in Tecom last Friday, it was dead when I was there, around 7pm, Lucky Voice wasn't that busy either. Went to Stables, all that was missing there (apart from people) was tumbleweed, then on to Club 7 and finally Seaview.
Old Apr 10th 2018, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MAV_DXB

I was in LSB in Tecom last Friday, it was dead when I was there, around 7pm, Lucky Voice wasn't that busy either. Went to Stables, all that was missing there (apart from people) was tumbleweed, then on to Club 7 and finally Seaview.
Is the rock band with the female guitar player still at seaview
That place scared me a little bit
Old Apr 10th 2018, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I love C7. Sadly I’m not allowed to go there as my misses generally hates pips. As a man of vertical challenge I like it as I can see across the entire club. I feel like scamp.
Old Apr 10th 2018, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by reddiva
Yep, and still the best band in Dubai - including the has-beens at the Oirish.

Trip Advisor

Facebook

Old Apr 10th 2018, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

Yes she (and the band) are still there... It's okay during the week, I tend to avoid it on Thursdays though, and if I go there on a Friday, I go late.
Old Apr 10th 2018, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I love C7. Sadly I’m not allowed to go there as my misses generally hates pips. As a man of vertical challenge I like it as I can see across the entire club. I feel like scamp.
I like the 'comedy' act they have, the dancers that do a show between bands, they have one job to do, be in sync - I guess they must rehearse on their own in darkened rooms
Old Apr 10th 2018, 9:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Went once to C7 and enjoyed it, but definitely felt conscious that we were bowling and having a laugh where we weren't really wanted or needed.

Bit like when someone who works for my mrs said he didn't want me to come and play basketball with his mates because they don't want me there, they just want to get on and have a good time and no worry about some dickhead Brit.
Old Apr 10th 2018, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Lockstock still busy but it tends to get full of young, arrogant twits ( Change the third letter to another letter) Mcgetts at JLT always busy. Haven't been to Barnasti at night for years. I went to Byblos in Tecom last Thursday for the first time in years, bands on back to back and was busy inside.
Hate LS&B. Dickhead security and dickhead patrons.... although have had a few OK nights in there.

Barasti is and does what is says on the tin. OK every now and again but you have to be at a certain level. Also their house white is damn good (Kiwi Marlborough) and only 210 dibs.

Byblos.... meh.

Do you remember the dentist chair in Jimmy Dix ( Movenpick in Oud Metha)
The dentist chair must have been early on as we used to drink in Somersets (English bar upstairs) and often ended up in JD, especially when the comedy was on.

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
Long's Bar still around? I used to go there a lot when solo and wanted to drink a few beers in solitude. I have a thing for dives.
I've been in Longs the last few Thurs for a while now as the old geezers I drink with after work (industry chaps) got pissed off with Harvesters (understandably - its gone downhill massively since they got Lebo management in and all the decent staff left). Longs is OK. Decent beer, no hassle and the management are nice.

Lucky voice is on the same level as LS&B..... although I heard they've opened one in the marina which is meant to be decent.

Its a shame about the Music rooms, I've played a lot of pool in there over the years.
Old Apr 10th 2018, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

Taken from the Sheraton Jumeirah Beach in 2002.

Edit - pics not showing. I'll try again later (they're on flickr).

Would love to see them if you can find a way to upload them. Got very fond memories of that place back in the early 2000s'
Old Apr 10th 2018, 10:41 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by jam25mack
I've been in Longs the last few Thurs for a while now as the old geezers I drink with after work (industry chaps) got pissed off with Harvesters (understandably - its gone downhill massively since they got Lebo management in and all the decent staff left). Longs is OK. Decent beer, no hassle and the management are nice.

Lucky voice is on the same level as LS&B..... although I heard they've opened one in the marina which is meant to be decent.

Its a shame about the Music rooms, I've played a lot of pool in there over the years.
Longs is a classic, it's nicer than Fibbers because it's bigger and less smoky. Did a brunch there a few years ago and worked out 110dhs each because of some deal. Phenomenal.

Lucky Voice has opened in the marina, friends have been several times and love it. Not been myself.
Old Apr 10th 2018, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute

Yes she (and the band) are still there... It's okay during the week, I tend to avoid it on Thursdays though, and if I go there on a Friday, I go late.
I went years ago and was the only white Female in there. Found it a little intimidating
Old Apr 10th 2018, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Longs is a classic, it's nicer than Fibbers because it's bigger and less smoky. Did a brunch there a few years ago and worked out 110dhs each because of some deal. Phenomenal.
Yup, my mates do one each Friday and as they're members or whatever plus discounts from the manager (he gives me 30% each time I go in for some reason) they say it works out at around 100 dibbles all in. It's impossible to argue with that. Apparently the food is decent too.
Old Apr 10th 2018, 11:32 am
hnd
BE Forum Addict

hnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond reputehnd has a reputation beyond repute

We stay at Towers Rotana when we’re in Dubai (great central position for what we want to do) and usually end up in Longs Bar at some stage. Their burgers are pretty good and people seem to be pretty taken with their sausages which are sold by the half metre. Teatro upstairs is still one of our ‘go to’ restaurants if we can’t decide on any one style of food to eat.
Old Apr 10th 2018, 11:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Yup, my mates do one each Friday and as they're members or whatever plus discounts from the manager (he gives me 30% each time I go in for some reason) they say it works out at around 100 dibbles all in. It's impossible to argue with that. Apparently the food is decent too.
Food is good and they have a pork section at brunch....for 100dizzers. It's theft.

Originally Posted by hnd
We stay at Towers Rotana when we’re in Dubai (great central position for what we want to do) and usually end up in Longs Bar at some stage. Their burgers are pretty good and people seem to be pretty taken with their sausages which are sold by the half metre. Teatro upstairs is still one of our ‘go to’ restaurants if we can’t decide on any one style of food to eat.
Teatro is excellent I think. Very cool place.
Flavours on Two is shit though. Used to be the only place doing a thursday night brunch (probably still is). Watered down tesco value vodka and terrible service.
Old Apr 10th 2018, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Food is good and they have a pork section at brunch....for 100dizzers. It's theft.
Absolutely!

Teatro is excellent I think. Very cool place.
Teatro used to be my go to date venue. May have to dust it off again....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.