Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

ok, so did you come for the money only??

ok, so did you come for the money only??

Old Jun 13th 2010, 12:28 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ok, so did you come for the money only??

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Yeah, shouldn't make fun of it. Mind you, of those I've spoken to none seems to give the impression of actually having been tricked or forced into it--the genuine-sounding sob stories seem to be about husband in clink / died / divorced / unsopportive, a child or two to pay for, and relatives' medical bills. I'm no expert (contrary to popular belief), but many appear to see their profession as just one other expression of Chinese pragmatism and socio-economic disruption.

Is Helping Hands organised by expats? And only directed at Indians?
Just seen this. Yes - organised by expats and no - not only for Indians. Where did you get that idea? It largely helps labourers and maids - of any nationality - as well as others in need.

-
Old Jun 13th 2010, 1:07 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Just seen this. Yes - organised by expats and no - not only for Indians. Where did you get that idea? It largely helps labourers and maids - of any nationality - as well as others in need.

-
From here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Which charity, Meow???

Its helping hands I believe, the charity which helps Indian subcontinent labourers living here under appalling conditions.

(Sorry, don't know how to insert a link to another thread)
Old Jun 13th 2010, 3:03 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
From here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Which charity, Meow???

Its helping hands I believe, the charity which helps Indian subcontinent labourers living here under appalling conditions.

(Sorry, don't know how to insert a link to another thread)
I see. Not my words. It does help a lot of chaps from the Indian Subcontinent, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily Indian, as that also includes Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. These just happen to be where most labourers come from, but no nationality is excluded if they are in need. Even Brits have been helped too.
-
Old Jun 13th 2010, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Even Brits have been helped too.
-
and Germans...Helping Hans
Old Jun 14th 2010, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Mr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to all

I came to Dubai for the crystal clear, hassle free and uninterupted coverage of international sporting events on TV.