Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Oh My God!!!!!!! Could this be true??????

Oh My God!!!!!!! Could this be true??????

Old Jul 24th 2005, 9:25 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation Oh My God!!!!!!! Could this be true??????

If this is turn out to be true, I will be a VERY happy chappy indeed!!!!!

Senior expats in Dubai can get UAE passport
By Eman Al Baik

24 July 2005

DUBAI - Expatriate residents living in Dubai for 20 years or more will be eligible for UAE passport after a thorough review of their application, Brigadier Saeed Mattar bin Bleilah, Director of Dubai Naturalisation and Residency Department (DNRD), said on Sunday.

Expats who are granted UAE passport will be issued a document, by which they will be treated as UAE nationals by the Government of Dubai, he said.

Brig. Bin Bleilah said the department will receive applications from people of any nationality who have been residents of Dubai for a minimum period of 20 years, and a special committee will review each application and interview each applicant individually.

"If the applicant is found eligible, the UAE passport will be issued. A document will be issued to them subsequently by the department, against which, he or she will be treated as UAE nationals by the Government of Dubai."

Regarding the issuance of a citizenship certificate, Brig Bin Bleilah said that this was for the Ministry of Interior to decide.

Regarding permanent residency, Brig Bin Bleilah said the UAE and its Residency Law does not grant permanent residency, but what is granted is a renewable residency.

The department is also considering an increase in the time span required for foreign women married to UAE nationals to claim nationality from the present three years to 10 year. "The department's aim is to check fake marriages," he said, adding that there have been many cases of foreign women who sign marriage contracts with national men and have it registered with the relevant authorities only for the sake of getting UAE nationality."

In a bid to maintain rights of maids and their sponsors, the DNRD has set up a shelter for absconding maids.

"About 10 to 15 per cent of those who come to the country to work as maids abscond their sponsors who notify the department about the offence," he said. "Maids who abscond their employers following ill-treatment may approach the department to get appropriate shelter and to have their dispute with their sponsors solved by the department's staff. If the maid's reasons for absconding is genuine, they can come to us and we are ready to get them their rights," he said.

source: http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...on=theuae&col=

If anyone has more info, please share!!!! If true, I am going to do something about it ASAP!!!!!!
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:46 am
Forum Regular

barsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Oh My God!!!!!!! Could this be true??????

Originally Posted by Face81
If this is turn out to be true, I will be a VERY happy chappy indeed!!!!!

source: http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...on=theuae&col=

If anyone has more info, please share!!!! If true, I am going to do something about it ASAP!!!!!!

likewise! about time (if it is true!)
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:19 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by barsha barbie

must be a busy day down at the DNRD.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

barsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud of

must be a busy day down at the DNRD.
yeah! if it's passed tomorrow we're probably looking at 10 years before we see a passport!
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:44 am
The Oracle

yeah! if it's passed tomorrow we're probably looking at 10 years before we see a passport!

nah!!!! they wont take that long.......

will be alot quicker than that...... am just waiting to get a moment to myself so I can ring them up...... the boss has been sat right next to me all morning.

Why dont u give them a call and confuse the living daylights out of the receptionist at DNRD and ask her about the whole procedure.

Will give u karma if u do it!

pretty please.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

will be alot quicker than that...... am just waiting to get a moment to myself so I can ring them up...... the boss has been sat right next to me all morning.

Why dont u give them a call and confuse the living daylights out of the receptionist at DNRD and ask her about the whole procedure.

pretty please.
no worries - do you have the number handy?
Old Jul 25th 2005, 11:36 am
W10

They're just screwing with you Face

They're currently considering making women who marry nationals wait 10 years before they get anything, so it seems less likely they'll hand out passports to a.n. other long termer.

Old Jul 25th 2005, 5:39 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Seems like the normal thing to do, every other country acknowledges its people.

The number of emiratis is going to skyrocket though. I can see problems arising
Old Jul 25th 2005, 5:42 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

pretty please.
Oh..don't confuse them even more, they have enough to deal with twiddling their eyleashes, acknowledging you when you ask them a question and staying awake....it's what they call 'multitasking'...poor things
Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:01 pm
W10

Just out of interest.

The naturalisation dept has flatly denied this. And I mean flatly.

They're also pretty pissed off with KT for printing the story.

As I said earlier. Bearing in mind that on the same day in Gulf News they are talking about making it MORE difficult for foreign women who are MARRIED to locals to get citizenship. I seriously doubted that they would be handing out passports to long termers.

Old Jul 25th 2005, 6:04 pm
Restless soul

Originally Posted by W10
Just out of interest.

The naturalisation dept has flatly denied this. And I mean flatly.

They're also pretty pissed off with KT for printing the story.

As I said earlier. Bearing in mind that on the same day in Gulf News they are talking about making it MORE difficult for foreign women who are MARRIED to locals to get citizenship. I seriously doubted that they would be handing out passports to long termers.
That's cruel...All those Khaleejtimes readers thinking they could be Emiratis....come to think of it isn't Khaleejtimes an indian/pakistani owned newspaper...........????????hmmmm
Old Jul 25th 2005, 7:51 pm
Perfumdiva1

The first person to get all of the above should be Mr Choitram..

Boy does he deserve it..

PD1

Old Jul 27th 2005, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

darwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant futuredarwinlad has a brilliant future

If an expat lived in Dubai for 20 years he must be crazy!!!!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by darwinlad
I don't think anyone would disagree with that aye face?
Old Jul 28th 2005, 1:43 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by darwinlad
oi! where r your manners ozzie lad?!

I aint crazy..... i think....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.