Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Offshore Banks - why?!

Offshore Banks - why?!

Old Dec 17th 2010, 4:38 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Offshore Banks - why?!

Originally Posted by dfjordan
I´d be very grateful if you could let me know what is and isn´t correct in what I´ve said. At least I have the willingness to accept if I´m wrong not like the other " contributors" to this particular topic. A comment such as yours, doesn´t help anyone.
Sure, The number of the form - HMRC 105 is correct - R85 for UK residents. Rest of your stuff is crap as is your attitude. I see you started dealing ith tax in 1960 which makes you about 70 yrs old which accounts for some things.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 7:55 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Norsk, you seem to be more ignorant than I originally imagined. If you were to read the history of the posts, you would find that I gave a very simple reply to a question put by another forum member. Another member who calles himself Meow, immediately commented that my advice was wrong, when he has since learned that it wasn´t. What some of you may want to know is that this " expert" even has his own website to give " financial advice" to expats. Those that do foloow his advice, could end up maklig some costly errors.

You really make your ignorance apparent when you start talking about " lies" and " truths", as I have never used those words, and they certainly can´t be applied to this topic; it´s just a matter of being correct or incorrect; " lies" don´t come into it. Peurile comments like yours don´t help anyone. As far as yours and Brains1983 suggestion that I may be a " tosser" are concerned, I can assure you that probably unlike yourselves, I don´t need to masturbate to get pleasure
Frankly I couldn't give a sh*t what you think about me, and you're proving my earlier point by the way everything turns into a personal attack with you. You act like you're about 10, but like someone else said your true age is probably closer to 70.

Oh and by the way, Meow is a woman, and yes most people on this forum know that she has website and is a certified IFA.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 6:24 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Pity Meow, that you show yourself to be incapable of accepting that you gave wrong advice. Out of interest, I went to your website and see that, in fact, you hold yourself out to be a " financial adviser". I know the qualification you hold . Woe betide anyone who consults you for such advice as there are other incorrect "facts" included in the website, but I´m not going to waste my time and effort in helping you correct them, as you obviously think of yourself as infallible. Pity I can´t be there when you fall flat on your face. Maybe your Institute would be interested in my comments regarding your obvious lack of professionalism?
Another bad comedy poster?

I am highly qualified and the difference is that I genuinely understand UK tax legislation unlike you, an out of touch OAP. Your nasty little threasts just make you look like even more of an idiot. Seriously, no one is interested in you.

I am not discussing this anymore, save to say that trying to explain tax issues to you would be like trying to explain nuclear physics to a dachsund...
Old Dec 18th 2010, 6:43 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

dfjordan = definitely from Jordan?
Old Dec 18th 2010, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Sure, as non-res you can fill out the form and get your interest on UK savings gross (free of tax).

BUT - That does not mean you are not liable to pay tax on them. You still have to do an annual self assessment and what you pay in tax depends on the amount of interest you are earning. You escape the flat 20%, and pay a lesser amount on the first part of the interest, but you do have to declare
and pay!

That's how I read the 'rules', and that's how my accountant does it for me.

I too question the absolute need for an off-shore account - going onshore UK has many advantages.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 4:43 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

dfjordan

You have yet again demonstrated just how little you know. Being a qualified UK IFA requires a great deal of study and numerous examinations. I am highly qualified as an IFA. That is a fact. Your spiteful and ill-informed comments won't change that.

You comments regarding UK tax are incorrect and you are just making yourself look very silly indeed by continually posting incorrect information.
Old Dec 28th 2010, 2:26 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Lets get this thread back on track shall we.

dfjordan may I suggest you re-read Norm_uk's earlier post as I think he just about sums it up. I don't think it's the content of your posts that is winding people up, by rather the delivery of your message. I might add that you shouldn't go around running down other members either.

Thanks

Sue

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
You know even if you're right and someone else is wrong there's far better ways to get that across than insinuating they are ignorant, big heads, and stating they look ridiculous.

As it stands you are coming over as worse than the things you accuse others of being. Try a softer approach...you might find your popularity rising and saving the direct arguing for the off topic forums.

N.