Offer for Saudi

Old Nov 5th 2011, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

greg72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Offer for Saudi

HI all I just need some advice, I have been offered a position in Saudi for 387,000 Saudi Riyal. The company has also agreed to pay me housing schooling ( 2 children 2 and 4 ) and car allowance and medical insurance.
They said I would not need to contribute at all out of pocket as they would cover all these expenses.
I would be hoping to save a considerable amount over a 3 to 5 year period, in other saudi expats experience is this a good deal ??
I need to make sure the schooling and housing does not leave me out of pocket at all as promised.
Thanks in advance for any info
Old Nov 5th 2011, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice
Default Re: Offer for Saudi

Currently equates to around £64k pa. This is currently tax free with UK laws but could be changing depending on your income from UK interests. It looks like a great opportunity to make money, the only real reason the majority of us are out here.

However, a few things to keep in mind. Where is your accommodation? I have managed to live out here for 4 months in a crappy hotel. I have been on my own and have hung on to my sanity. Your accommodation for your family MUST be in a western compound. If your spouse is coming across here too then be aware that there will be a lack of distractions for her.

There is also a positive affirmative action policy going on here at the moment or 'saudisation' where foreign workers are coming under a quota for certain industry sectors. You should find out whether that affects your contract.

You will read on here plenty of negative thoughts on Saudi and its lifestyle opportunities. However, I believe the money truly makes up for it. There are plenty of people who concentrate on their career and head into London to make their money, here you will make, and keep, more of your income.

My suggestion is to come across and try it, but be wary of committing to an extended contract.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by khitan004
Currently equates to around £64k pa. This is currently tax free with UK laws but could be changing depending on your income from UK interests. It looks like a great opportunity to make money, the only real reason the majority of us are out here.

However, a few things to keep in mind. Where is your accommodation? I have managed to live out here for 4 months in a crappy hotel. I have been on my own and have hung on to my sanity. Your accommodation for your family MUST be in a western compound. If your spouse is coming across here too then be aware that there will be a lack of distractions for her.

There is also a positive affirmative action policy going on here at the moment or 'saudisation' where foreign workers are coming under a quota for certain industry sectors. You should find out whether that affects your contract.

You will read on here plenty of negative thoughts on Saudi and its lifestyle opportunities. However, I believe the money truly makes up for it. There are plenty of people who concentrate on their career and head into London to make their money, here you will make, and keep, more of your income.

My suggestion is to come across and try it, but be wary of committing to an extended contract.
OK Thanks for the reply, I work in the medical engineering sector, and part ofmy job would probably be training local people....I am supposed to go to Riyadh the week after to check things out....I want to make sure everything is included, I currently live in Italy and my job here is not bad.....just want to make sure I have my ducksin a row before leaving. Also for my visa they will organise it all, I have done like a HNC but they daid no problems....I guess if they want someone there are ways around everyting....
Old Nov 5th 2011, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

Originally Posted by greg72
HI all I just need some advice, I have been offered a position in Saudi for 387,000 Saudi Riyal. The company has also agreed to pay me housing schooling ( 2 children 2 and 4 ) and car allowance and medical insurance.
They said I would not need to contribute at all out of pocket as they would cover all these expenses.
I would be hoping to save a considerable amount over a 3 to 5 year period, in other saudi expats experience is this a good deal ??
I need to make sure the schooling and housing does not leave me out of pocket at all as promised.
Thanks in advance for any info
Hi Greg, welcome to BE.

At first glance, it seems an OK package and would be interesting to know how much they will pay you for accomodation in addition to the salary you have mentioned. Can I ask if it is in Riyadh or Jeddah? I can probably give you a better sugestion if you know the full package including housing and car allowance.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

OK Thanks for the reply, I work in the medical engineering sector, and part ofmy job would probably be training local people....I am supposed to go to Riyadh the week after to check things out....I want to make sure everything is included, I currently live in Italy and my job here is not bad.....just want to make sure I have my ducksin a row before leaving. Also for my visa they will organise it all, I have done like a HNC but they daid no problems....I guess if they want someone there are ways around everyting....
Ask them WHERE you will live. Which compound, and then come back here and post. You will get feedback as to know if it is a good one or not.Make 100% sure that IF they say a Western compound, that this is 100% confirmed.
It is, IMHO, a make or break for Saudi if you are there with your family.
actually, if you a going for a recce, make sure they will show you the compound and villa
Old Nov 5th 2011, 7:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Desert Shaikh
Hi Greg, welcome to BE.

At first glance, it seems an OK package and would be interesting to know how much they will pay you for accomodation in addition to the salary you have mentioned. Can I ask if it is in Riyadh or Jeddah? I can probably give you a better sugestion if you know the full package including housing and car allowance.
It will be in Riyadh.......I was told there would be no out of pocket for accomodation school for my kids,health insurance and car allowance. I will let you guys know when I have seen the contract.......it is pretty different doing business with saudis...they wanted me to start pretty much immediately......I just want to make sure I am considering all points, I willl let you guys know how much my allowances will be and see what you think. How do you find it working there ??
Old Nov 5th 2011, 8:26 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

It will be in Riyadh.......I was told there would be no out of pocket for accomodation school for my kids,health insurance and car allowance. I will let you guys know when I have seen the contract.......it is pretty different doing business with saudis...they wanted me to start pretty much immediately......I just want to make sure I am considering all points, I willl let you guys know how much my allowances will be and see what you think. How do you find it working there ??
since you're not going to be out of pocket on tell them you want to drive a bugatti veyron. i've never heard of an employer saying that they will cover anything and that you will not be out of pocket, but maybe it happens however it sounds more like something an agent would say to get you to bite. in the same breath they would tell you that you need to bear in mind that it is tax free so even if they pay you the same as you get in the uk you're getting an automatic increase of 30% on your salary. what a crock!
Old Nov 6th 2011, 6:32 am
Just Joined

OK I will check it out and do all my sums.......I just want to make sure that I am not paying anything exorbitant out of my salary.....thanks for the advice..
Old Nov 6th 2011, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Fahd will become famous soon enoughFahd will become famous soon enough

that is not just an OK offer . it is awesome
Old Nov 6th 2011, 9:13 am
Just Joined

sladepa is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

we that is myself and my husband and two kids are moving to Riyadh. soon..
we are in thE NHS at the moment and with the reduction in pension plans and the need to work for less and for more is worrying.

we both have jobs in a hospital just out of there and living close to the super mall i think so.

hoping to make friends and keeping life entertained and saving enough money till it all ends down in Riyadh..

The kids are 9 and 12 will be going to the British School.
look forward to hearing from those in Riyadh.

D and S
Old Nov 9th 2011, 5:48 pm
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of

If they want you start work quickly, it means you will be coming over on a visit visa (business visa, multi entry) which cannot be converted in-country to a work visa. You will need to return back to the UK to apply for a work visa, which will take a couple of weeks to sort out. It depends on your sponsor as to how long it will take them to sort out the work visa, mine waited 3 months (probationary period) before organising my work visa which meant I had to do a visa run every 30 days. Strictly speaking you are not supposed to work on a visit visa but I guess the authorities turn a blind eye for certain companies.

You will not be able to bring your family over until after you have the work visa sorted, so you could be separated for a while.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Southlondoner is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Greg

An offer of SAR 387,000 pa is excellent. Just to confiorm - the full schooling fees, housing allowance and car allowance are on top of this?

Is so - the package is worth SAR 32,250 per month. At most, you and your family will spend SAR 1,500 per week. This is living lavishly as well.

You will be able to save a lot. There are no cinemas, no bars and the restaurants are cheap in Riyadh.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Ok this was the offer I received.

Grade :Seven(8)
Basic Salary SR 32000 per month
Housing allowance: Company provided
Transportation allowance:SR 1500 per month
Vacation: 26 working days a year
Medical:As per company policy
Period of employment: 1 year renewable
Point of Hire:Riyadh
Mobile Allowance: 200 SR ??/ not sure per month ?

I need to find out what the company provided housing is and also the medical policy, schools are not mentioned in this.......although it was promised, I guess the 1 year period is to see how thiings turn out......

I have some dounts as all that was promised verbally is not written on the job offer ?? Have you guys found in your experience that you need to push alot to get all facts on paper ??
Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

Rappers is an unknown quantity at this point

Greg, salary looks very good to me and equates to £5,308 per month. I have been offered £3,700 per month plus all expenses, which is still pretty reasonable assuming it is all tax free.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

khitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nicekhitan004 is just really nice

The general story I have heard is that Saudis are very shady when it comes to deals. They offer you things but take it away last minute.

You will end up accepting less than you were offered originally because they know the salary is better than anything you could get in the UK.

The medical insurance is required by law when they get you an Iqama I believe. I have also seen the 'working days' thing to mean the total number of days off and not number of actual working days. This means if you take 5 days off plus a weekend it will count as 7 days off. Stupid I know but check it out.

The one year contract is standard I have found. Lots of industries being put under foreign worker quotas or 'saudiised'.

Most important is where you will be living. I managed 4 months total in crappy hotel. Now been in a compound for 2 days and already been for more swims, gyms and met more people than I did in those 4 months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.