Reload this Page >

Obtaining the EU Pet Passport?

Obtaining the EU Pet Passport?

Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:01 am
Just Joined

expat14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Obtaining the EU Pet Passport?

Hi,

Has anybody any experiance at obtaining a 'EU Pet Passport', we have had all the vets stuff done (vaccinations/Rabies blood test) and I have the documents to show this, now how do I actually get the passport?

The Vets here that I have spoken to, also dont seem to have any clue, which is just great!!

Can anybody help or advise?

Cheers
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obtaining the EU Pet Passport?

Our experience was with a Canadian Pet Passport - however...

We got the vaccination records and "bill of health" from our vet.
We had it stamped at the UAE Embassy in Canada, and the Canadian Foreign Embassy. It was a hassle, but worth it!

They more or less need to notarize it.
The funny news is that when you arrive in UAE, the guy at the gate won't know what the hell the paper means, or what to do with it. And, you'll have to explain it. So make sure you understand, and get some documentation if you can. Oh yeah - don't let them keep your papers - you may need them later!

I think you need to talk to the UAE Embassy of your country, they should be able to help you out.

Maybe call the # here -
http://www.uae.gov.ae/maf/EngCopy/e_anim_resu.htm

Also, there may be a quarantine before entry from your country.

Good luck, and.. good on you for not giving up on your pet.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obtaining the EU Pet Passport?

I almost forgot -

You may need to plan your timeline carefully.
I had a 3 day window left to get out of the country between getting the stamped passport and the stamp expiring.

We found these places, but ended up just doing it ourselves. Maybe it will appeal to you.

http://www.ialpetexpress.com/
http://www.dkc.ae/

PS. Olympic Airlines has very liberal policies on moving pets. Depending on their carrier size, they may be allowed to sit at your feet. Air France is good that way too. BA isn't as great.