Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

O English teachers of Riyadh come together!!!

O English teachers of Riyadh come together!!!

Old Aug 31st 2011, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Dr AQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default O English teachers of Riyadh come together!!!

Hello

Sorry for my shakesperian outburst but the weather, bad tempered hoteliers and fake prices do that to an Englishmet in this outpost of a city.

So fellow English teachers how do you find it in RIYADH?

I am asking as i have just arrived 2 days ago for my very first teaching post outside my green and emerald isle after sufering an immense and catastrophic emotional and mental breakdown!

What advice would you give me?

Specifically i wish to know two things:

1. How do i transfer money back home to the uk if i cant open a bank account and what are their likely charges?
2. Can i manage in a salary of 12 thousand riyals amonth if my employers are responsible for my transport and accomoodation?

In the words of the bard

"Reply at your earliest you bord"!!!!!

Dr Aq
Old Aug 31st 2011, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: O English teachers of Riyadh come together!!!

Originally Posted by Dr AQ
Hello

Sorry for my shakesperian outburst but the weather, bad tempered hoteliers and fake prices do that to an Englishmet in this outpost of a city.

I am asking as i have just arrived 2 days ago for my very first teaching post outside my green and emerald isle after sufering an immense and catastrophic emotional and mental breakdown!

1. How do i transfer money back home to the uk if i cant open a bank account and what are their likely charges?
2. Can i manage in a salary of 12 thousand riyals amonth if my employers are responsible for my transport and accomoodation?

In the words of the bard

Dr Aq
Given the above, I can only hope that your Doctorate is not in English!
Old Aug 31st 2011, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Dear Sir

my doctorate was in chemistry

dr aq
Old Aug 31st 2011, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Hello

In the words of the bard

Dr Aq

In the words of Shakespeare "You are an alchemist; make gold of that."
Old Aug 31st 2011, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Sir

my doctorate was in chemistry

dr aq
Another quote from Shakespeare:

"An alchemist he may be, with unfathomable spells and potions he playeth, but his spelling is as the can-can performed by a one-legged woman"
Old Aug 31st 2011, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by The Dean
Another quote from Shakespeare:

"An alchemist he may be, with unfathomable spells and potions he playeth, but his spelling is as the can-can performed by a one-legged woman"
Dear Sirs

An amazing gift that has been given to the British, nay the English the particular gift of irony and sarcasm.

Rule Brittania

Dr aq
Old Aug 31st 2011, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dear Sirs

An amazing gift that has been given to the British, nay the English the particular gift of irony and sarcasm.

Rule Brittania

Dr aq
Yes, but you stated that you were from your 'green and emerald isle!' The coloquial term of 'Emarald Isle' neither relates to England nor to the United Kingdom! - It concerns the Irish Republic!

Is 'Doctor' your first or given name? - Or is the term 'Doctor' something that you bought from the Internet?
Old Aug 31st 2011, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackthehat
Yes, but you stated that you were from your 'green and emerald isle!' The coloquial term of 'Emarald Isle' neither relates to England nor to the United Kingdom! - It concerns the Irish Republic!
But it was back then, when 1/3 of the world was pink
Old Aug 31st 2011, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
But it was back then, when 1/3 of the world was pink
Hello

Jack from my research of your post history ot seems to me that you are the local bully who likes to punch all other participants of this forum into submission!

Well it will not work with me.

You are incorrect in your assumption as the green isle refers to England

dr aq
Old Aug 31st 2011, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Jack from my research of your post history ot seems to me that you are the local bully who likes to punch all other participants of this forum into submission!

Well it will not work with me.

You are incorrect in your assumption as the green isle refers to England

dr aq

My name's not Jack, Dr Twat...
Old Aug 31st 2011, 5:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
My name's not Jack, Dr Twat...
Hello

are you sure ? maybe it should be as you seem to be using it alot when talking !!!

dr aq
Old Sep 1st 2011, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Hello

are you sure ? maybe it should be as you seem to be using it alot when talking !!!

dr aq
Apparently not! -As my own research proves;

"The island's lush vegetation [Ireland], a product of its mild climate and frequent rainfall, earns it the sobriquet the Emerald Isle.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/ireland#ixzz1WhSMVcdi

The term 'Emerald Isle' also relates to other locations around the world too. Residents of Birmingham (UK) will also be aware that the 'Emerald Isle' relates to Winson Green Prison (Known now as HMP Birmingham). This epithet was given due to the large number of Irish Prisoners. Digbeth, a suburb of Birmingham, has one of the largest Irish Populations outside of the Republic.

Furthermore, I do not intend to 'Bully' others in this Forum; as you suggested in an earlier Posting. However, to continue the 'Shakespeare Analogy . . .'

"O true apothecary! Thy drugs are quick. Thus with a kiss I die."

It would be extremely illuminating if we could be aware of the 'English Syllabus' you intend to use in Riyadh? You have already intimated that this is 'Learn by Rote!'

Last edited by jackthehat; Sep 1st 2011 at 12:01 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

Apparently not! -As my own research proves;

"The island's lush vegetation [Ireland], a product of its mild climate and frequent rainfall, earns it the sobriquet the Emerald Isle.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/ireland#ixzz1WhSMVcdi

The term 'Emerald Isle' also relates to other locations around the world too. Residents of Birmingham (UK) will also be aware that the 'Emerald Isle' relates to Winson Green Prison (Known now as HMP Birmingham). This epithet was given due to the large number of Irish Prisoners. Digbeth, a suburb of Birmingham, has one of the largest Irish Populations outside of the Republic.

Furthermore, I do not intend to 'Bully' others in this Forum; as you suggested in an earlier Posting. However, to continue the 'Shakespeare Analogy . . .'

"O true apothecary! Thy drugs are quick. Thus with a kiss I die."
Jack we should meet up some time over a pot of earl grey. We English should stick together in these foreign climes

dr aq
Old Sep 1st 2011, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jack we should meet up some time over a pot of earl grey. We English should stick together in these foreign climes

dr aq
I would love to, but it will have to be a British Standard Cuppa! - I hate Earl Grey! - One from my Mug Collection;

Remember: "Drinking a daily cup of tea will surely starve the apothecary!" (Chinese Proverb)
Attached Thumbnails O English teachers of Riyadh come together!!!-2.jpg  
Old Sep 1st 2011, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

I would love to, but it will have to be a British Standard Cuppa! - I hate Earl Grey! - One from my Mug Collection;

Remember: "Drinking a daily cup of tea will surely starve the apothecary!" (Chinese Proverb)
Im afraid therein lies the problem that has starved the British and might i say the English mindset of our inherent greatness!!

Why would you want to drink such an elixuor from a large unrefined uncouth bucket!!!

We will use my fine Worcester pottery otherwise you will have to use the small arab qahwa sets!

dr aq

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.