nursing in Dubai

Old Feb 4th 2004, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

1962 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default nursing in Dubai

Hi all

I'm hoping to get a job at the American Hospital, Dubai (ITU nursing) - has anyone got any info as to what the hospital is like?They also provide accomodation, would you know if it's of a good standard?

Will I have a good quality of life - I've been there on holiday but working there probably won't be quite the same!!

Yours exited but nervous!!
Old Feb 7th 2004, 4:05 pm

philipz is on a distinguished road

Hi,

The American Hospital in Dubai is one of the better private hospitals around and I believe that working at a private hospital with American or European standards definately be better than working in any government hospital in the UAE.

You will find more information at their website. If they are paying for your accomodations, that will save you half of the hastles of working in Dubai and you can find more info about that in this forum thread. If you will have a good quality of life, that all depends on how much they are paying you, and if they are paying for your accomodations, then have alteast that burden off your shoulders, so if you are making above 2K, you should be fine, but I am not definate about that figure.
Old Feb 8th 2004, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

1962 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default nursing in dubai

Thanks phillipz your info was most assuring - I think I should have a good time in Dubai!!

Cheers - 1962