Reload this Page >

Notary Public Fees etc

Notary Public Fees etc

Old Feb 28th 2013, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

Graduate QS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Notary Public Fees etc

Guys

I have looked through the forum but can anyone tell me how much a notary public should charge per document (degree cert / marriage cert). We have 6 in total requiring notorisation.

Have been quoted £94 per document - seem reasonable??? seems a lot to me but I have no reference point

Then have to do the FCO and UAE embassy route which seems slightly more strightforward........hopefully

Thanks for any guidance
Old Mar 1st 2013, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

dragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nicedragonladyoz is just really nice
Default Re: Notary Public Fees etc

In Australia we paid A$80 (40 pounds?) per document for notary public stamps/seals and then had to pay fees for Foreign Affairs stamps and then again for stamps from embassy.

Given notaries are usually "senior" lawyers I guess you are paying for their experience, like when you hire a lawyer for other things..... maybe try phoning a few different ones - our experience was that each firm charged their own amounts - smaller firms charged less......
Old Mar 1st 2013, 9:04 am
Just Joined

thank you

does anyone know if the UAE embassy in London require the document to be notorised in a 'special' way (different to the standard way a notary public would do it)? One told me they had to put a special ribbon on it or it would not be accepted!!!!
Old Mar 1st 2013, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The "ribbon" may be an apostille.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostille_convention
Old Mar 1st 2013, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

thanks Scot

I have found a notary public who will do all the docs for approx £160, big improvement over £600
Old Mar 8th 2013, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Bromleyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Grad QS- I contacted a company to get all this done and here's acut and paste of what they said... its for Qatar- not sure if that makes huge difference....

The document must be issued with an apostille first. Processing the apostille will depend on the type of document.

Standard documents – Birth or Marriage Certificate-

These documents can be legalised with the apostille with no additional solicitor certification. The fee per document is £54. It typically takes only 2-3 days for the apostille service.

Solicitor certified documents – Academic Documents

Once the documents have been checked our solicitor will certify a copy and the apostille will be placed upon the certified copies. You can email the document to save time and postage costs, plus this will avoid your original document getting lost or damaged in transit. Alternatively simply post the documents to our office. In the event that we have a problem processing your copy we would contact you to provide the original certificate. If you require the apostille on your original certificate please instruct us accordingly.

The fee for the apostille is £66 including solicitor fees. It typically takes only 2-3 days for the apostille to be issued.

Qatar Legalisation

The second stage is to legalise the document with the Qatar embassy. This can only be completed after the apostille has been issued. The fee for this service is normally £48 including all charges. As we are processing several documents in one order we can reduce this fee to £36 per document. The processing time for this is approximately 5 working days.

Hope that helps in some way

good luck
Old Mar 9th 2013, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

"Some rob you with a six-gun; some rob you with a fountain pen."
Old Mar 14th 2013, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

JimV is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all - I'm a notary in London and came across this thread whilst googling something else. £94 per document is indeed expensive, whereas £160 for the lot seems very cheap indeed - though as stated elsewhere, some documents won't need to be notarised, just legalised 'as is' as they should already bear signatures of officially recognised people.

Picking up on the text that's been cut n pasted above, be very cautious with solicitor certified copies - it is true that solicitors can have their signatures apostilled and sometimes legalised, but frequently a solicitor certified document will be rejected abroad, and you'll be back to square one wishing you'd used a notary - be sure to check abroad that a solicitor certified document will do (it won't have a seal, whereas all notaries seal documents).

I hope I'm not breaking any advertising rules - if so, admins, please remove/edit this post. I'm happy to answer any questions if I can.

p.s. Scot - have you seen the price of fountain pens?
Old Mar 14th 2013, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

I paid 5 quid in December 2012 for a solicitor to stamp my degree certificate to say it is a true copy of the original.