Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

not got RP yet, stuck in Qatar

not got RP yet, stuck in Qatar

Old Mar 12th 2013, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Imack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really nice
Default not got RP yet, stuck in Qatar

I'm towards the end of my RP process which is being done through my employers. I'm due to fly back home for a few days early on Thursday morning.

The whole thing is becoming a bit of a nightmare now, it is just dragging on and on...I asked the immigration dept at the Qatar Financial Center yesterday, who are dealing with the application, if it was possible to fly home before the RP was issued, just in case it wasn't received in time. I was told that would be OK as my tourist visa has been transferred to a work visa.

I was away today for my fingerprints etc, and asked again about getting an exit permit and my passport back for tomorrow. This time I've been told that it isn't possible, I need to stay in the country until the RP process has been finished - if I decide to leave the country then I need to start the process all over again when I get back!

I've asked my employers to chase it up - any ideas on how to speed up the process because it's doing my head in and if I'm not back by Friday my wife is going to kill me.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 9:32 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: not got RP yet, stuck in Qatar

Originally Posted by Imack1811
I'm towards the end of my RP process which is being done through my employers. I'm due to fly back home for a few days early on Thursday morning.

The whole thing is becoming a bit of a nightmare now, it is just dragging on and on...I asked the immigration dept at the Qatar Financial Center yesterday, who are dealing with the application, if it was possible to fly home before the RP was issued, just in case it wasn't received in time. I was told that would be OK as my tourist visa has been transferred to a work visa.

I was away today for my fingerprints etc, and asked again about getting an exit permit and my passport back for tomorrow. This time I've been told that it isn't possible, I need to stay in the country until the RP process has been finished - if I decide to leave the country then I need to start the process all over again when I get back!

I've asked my employers to chase it up - any ideas on how to speed up the process because it's doing my head in and if I'm not back by Friday my wife is going to kill me.
The bit about leaving and having to restart process is correct. There is no way to make it quicker but if you have done the bloods/fingers and given the passport over it should be back to you in 2 days max.

How many times did you hear Insh'allah?
Old Mar 12th 2013, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Imack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really nice

How many times did you hear Insh'allah?[/QUOTE]

Haha, more times than I could count! Felt a bit like being in a real life episode of The Office, staffed entirely by David Brents!
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:00 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Probably not a bad analogy for Qatar.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

What is an RP other than a Right Prick? We have Residence Visas over here.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 11:49 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by mentalist
What is an RP other than a Right Prick? We have Residence Visas over here.
Permit mental one. They permit us to stay here.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Permit mental one. They permit us to stay here.
And permit us not to leave without their permission
Old Mar 12th 2013, 3:58 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Are you allowed to work without an RP as long as it is in process?
Old Mar 12th 2013, 7:03 pm
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by Scamp
Are you allowed to work without an RP as long as it is in process?
Yes, they stick everyone on 3 month Business Visa's here, or 9 months with someone I know.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Mar 13th 2013, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

actually makes the saudi process seem relatively user-friendly
Old Mar 14th 2013, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Happy days, now have my RP and multiple exit permits so I can leave tomorrow

Had to pretend that one of my kids was ill though to speed it along!

If there is a god, let's hope he doesn't have a f###ing karma button right now!
Old Mar 14th 2013, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Hanky is an unknown quantity at this point

I was in a similar situation in order to get to the Stone Roses gig in Dubai! Overall - my RP took about 10 days and found Al Dayeen Immigration staff helpful and not too busy.

Best thing is the E-gate, despite my initial scepticism it all seems to work...
Old Mar 14th 2013, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hanky
I was in a similar situation in order to get to the Stone Roses gig in Dubai! Overall - my RP took about 10 days and found Al Dayeen Immigration staff helpful and not too busy.

Best thing is the E-gate, despite my initial scepticism it all seems to work...
My process has taken the best part of 4 weeks from start to finish, was only after speaking to the head boy at immigration that it got pushed through.

Going to get the e-gate next time I'm out, someone told me though that if you chance your arm and go through the 1st/business class gate, no one ever checks to see if you are or not, will try that when I get back
Old Mar 14th 2013, 11:22 am
Shark Fisherman

someone told me though that if you chance your arm and go through the 1st/business class gate, no one ever checks to see if you are or not, will try that when I get back
I do that every time dude. I don't queue with the plebs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.